PDA

View Full Version : Iptv

scottmcmullan8
13-08-17, 14:48
Hi

I have recently set up the premium micro for a mate. When streaming 1080p on the box it seems to freeze a lot and break up and go out of sync. 720 and below is fine. Has anyone experienced this and is there anyway to change the type of coding or way it streams?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
13-08-17, 15:54
Hi

I have recently set up the premium micro for a mate. When streaming 1080p on the box it seems to freeze a lot and break up and go out of sync. 720 and below is fine. Has anyone experienced this and is there anyway to change the type of coding or way it streams?

That is because the streams are set to IPTV stream type. You need to spend time with the IPTV Bouquets using a program like E-Channelizer & changing all the Streams to DVB stream type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottmcmullan8
13-08-17, 15:58
That is because the streams are set to IPTV stream type. You need to spend time with the IPTV Bouquets using a program like E-Channelizer & changing all the Streams to DVB stream type.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI have e channelizer . Where in the menu .cani find this options

Andy_Hazza
13-08-17, 16:00
On each stream you need to right click & change stream type from IPTV to DVB.

scottmcmullan8
13-08-17, 17:19
Thanks I'll try this

I imported the channel list from one of my boxes to another. One of the lists work with all the channels however the bouquets that are in folders like entertainment sport etc. ( they are the same stream links btw) come up saying sid service not found. Any ideas

aido
14-08-17, 21:04
The MB Micro I have works better with the stream types as IPTV - if DVB it will freeze a lot etc but with the reference 4097 seems much more stable and it's able to recover better.

I guess not all boxes are equal.

scottmcmullan8
14-08-17, 21:15
Do you have your streams in the bouquets and do they freeze much especially the 1080 full hd ones

Andy_Hazza
15-08-17, 07:44
The MB Micro I have works better with the stream types as IPTV - if DVB it will freeze a lot etc but with the reference 4097 seems much more stable and it's able to recover better.

I guess not all boxes are equal.

Must be something to do with your supplier of the IPTV.

Andy_Hazza
15-08-17, 07:45
Do you have your streams in the bouquets and do they freeze much especially the 1080 full hd ones

Maybe a bad supplier for your IPTV.

scottmcmullan8
15-08-17, 08:04
I use the same supplier on another box and it is perfect no freezing. The box is the mb premium twin plus

Andy_Hazza
15-08-17, 08:08
The box with issues, hardwired or wifi? Also if you are trying to watch IPTV on both boxes at the same time you will need multiroom a/c's etc.

scottmcmullan8
15-08-17, 08:12
The box with issues, hardwired or wifi? Also if you are trying to watch IPTV on both boxes at the same time you will need multiroom a/c's etc.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkConnected via ethernet plug adapters. There is a separate subscription for the box. :( annoying running out of ideas. This box should be capable of running 1080 streams right?

Andy_Hazza
15-08-17, 08:17
Its pointing towards a network issue if you ask me. IPTV is purely streaming so the more people on your network it will suffer. You need to allow around 5Mb per stream. BTW homeplugs are not the best things in the world imo. Proper hardwired connections are always best.

scottmcmullan8
15-08-17, 08:28
Yeah but I'm testing on the same network at different times. One box works one doesn't same server. Same plugs. This is why I'm concerned regarding the box that it isn't capable of handling this technology

Andy_Hazza
15-08-17, 08:30
Not sure then. I've not had issues setting various boxes up for family & friends. As long as your just treat it for Live TV & not for relying 100% on recordings it will be fine.

Andy_Hazza
15-08-17, 08:32
The box in question, reflash with the latest image and just run IPTV on it & see how it fares. No plugins, no skins etc, just use the basics. Also are you using a plugin to access the IPTV or have you created your own Bouquets from your m3u file?

scottmcmullan8
15-08-17, 08:36
Yeah I am using it in bouquets. Have also reflashed. The box works fine and the streams work fine. Then all of a sudden the channel goes black and even a restart of gui doesn't bring it back up. Full restart of box is required to get it to start streaming again .

Andy_Hazza
15-08-17, 10:08
Got to be your network causing the issue.

scottmcmullan8
15-08-17, 10:18
Got to be your network causing the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI have tested on my home network which runs my other box fine and now tested in work which has 100mps . The steam runs fine for about ten minutes then black screen and never recovers until full restart. Gui restart still does not recover. I'm wondering if this box has a fault. Tried openvix openatv and openmb images all the same

scottmcmullan8
15-08-17, 12:19
Yeah so did a few tests. Different images same results. Different networks same results. Works a treat on sd and hd (720) streams but switch to full hd (1080) and after 5 minutes streaming perfectly freezes and doesn't recover. Something not right here with this box should be capable of streaming 1080 content says so in the description otherwise would of got a different one.

Andy_Hazza
15-08-17, 13:43
This happens when my stream type is set to 4097 (IPTV). I have to change my stream type from IPTV to DVB. IPTV is never gonna be perfect, its finding a nice balance & I'm struggling with this.

ronand
15-08-17, 20:54
Yeah so did a few tests. Different images same results. Different networks same results. Works a treat on sd and hd (720) streams but switch to full hd (1080) and after 5 minutes streaming perfectly freezes and doesn't recover. Something not right here with this box should be capable of streaming 1080 content says so in the description otherwise would of got a different one.

Its not in the description that the box can stream 1080p content. It can display it which is a totally different matter (from satellite/usb/hdd etc). The receiver does not have gigabit lan which may be a limiting factor.

scottmcmullan8
15-08-17, 21:05
Its not in the description that the box can stream 1080p content. It can display it which is a totally different matter (from satellite/usb/hdd etc). The receiver does not have gigabit lan which may be a limiting factor.Fair enough it doesn't actually say it can stream 1080 content however if it can't it shouldn't be sold as most people use YouTube, Netflix etc all of which make use 1080p streaming . Btw i don't believe for a second that the box isn't capable of this I have a much worse spec box in my kitchen which streams 1080 perfectly.

It doesn't need a gigabit lan to stream I doubt anyone really gets over 100mb download speed and this isn't streaming over my network it's coming in externally.

ronand
15-08-17, 21:08
Its a satellite receiver

scottmcmullan8
15-08-17, 21:20
Its a satellite receiverIt's a dvbc cable / terrestrial hybrid . Obviously that's it's main purpose but as most boxes these days including the ones provided by major broadcast companies it is not just a stand alone receiver and comes with capability to stream.

scottmcmullan8
16-08-17, 09:44
Not sure then. I've not had issues setting various boxes up for family & friends. As long as your just treat it for Live TV & not for relying 100% on recordings it will be fine.

Andy - when you say you have not had issues setting up various boxes for friends and family, is this including the box in question (MB Premium Micro HD) ?

Andy_Hazza
16-08-17, 10:15
I have done a MB Premium Twin. Other boxes include Vu+ Zero, Vu+ Uno, Vu+ Duo, Xtrend ET9000, Xtrend ET8500 etc to name a few. I would say the MB Premium Micro HD would be similar to the Vu+ Zero.

scottmcmullan8
17-08-17, 09:14
I have done a MB Premium Twin. Other boxes include Vu+ Zero, Vu+ Uno, Vu+ Duo, Xtrend ET9000, Xtrend ET8500 etc to name a few. I would say the MB Premium Micro HD would be similar to the Vu+ Zero.

I would imagine so I mean the spec is virtually identical both 256mb internal flash, 512mb ram and (2000 Mips) BCM7362 processor. The zero runs it fine yet this box completely dies. An update though it is far worse on a channel change. So actually selecting a channel from channel list or up or down arrowing to another channel the box will just freeze. If I actually restart the box on the channel i want to watch and just leave it the FHD channel will play with no issues for over an hour (this was the length of time i tested). Then i changed the channel and straight away black screen box frozen reboot required.

Davec23
17-08-17, 22:58
Hi all, when i have my IPTV stream type set to DVB, the picture is fine and sync is good, but as soon as i try record 1 channel and watch a different 1, both channels basically get mashed together and is unwatchable. I have a multiroom IPTV sub on my VU+ Duo2 with openvix... When i have them set to IPTV type streams i can record 1 and watch another channel with no picture or sound issues....however, my recordings dont seem to record full programs. Some stop after 10 mins, others after 2 mins and others ofter a few seconds! Has me drove crazy!!!

Anybody else experienced this issue???

Andy_Hazza
18-08-17, 06:54
Hi all, when i have my IPTV stream type set to DVB, the picture is fine and sync is good, but as soon as i try record 1 channel and watch a different 1, both channels basically get mashed together and is unwatchable. I have a multiroom IPTV sub on my VU+ Duo2 with openvix... When i have them set to IPTV type streams i can record 1 and watch another channel with no picture or sound issues....however, my recordings dont seem to record full programs. Some stop after 10 mins, others after 2 mins and others ofter a few seconds! Has me drove crazy!!!

Anybody else experienced this issue???

IPTV isn't perfect. I personally would just treat it as Live TV & nothing more.

scottmcmullan8
18-08-17, 08:28
IPTV isn't perfect. I personally would just treat it as Live TV & nothing more.

Well after more extensive testing on this box here's an update. I can say for sure setting the stream type to gstreamer (4097) is the issue with the box going to a black screen and having to do a full reboot. If I change the stream type to DVB it actually works pretty well for about 10 - 15 minutes. Then the channel will freeze and I will need to channel up or down or change channel to get it to recover. I have a MB premium twin on the same network and same provider i actually used the same account on both boxes (when i say used the same account on both boxes I mean at different times to rule out a provider issue). The premium twin works fine no issues. The micro hd freezes like i said and has to channel change to recover. Really frustrating as there is still over 50% memory available and 100mb of flash storage available. This is on the Vix night default skin ( have tried other skins same problem ). In my opinion there is a fault with a component within the box. Especially giving that I have spoken to another user of a Micro HD Hybrid who can run 1080p stream content without an issue.

Andy_Hazza
18-08-17, 09:05
It could also be an IPTV provider issue. You need to try various streams out to rule out your box being the issue.

scottmcmullan8
18-08-17, 09:08
It could also be an IPTV provider issue. You need to try various streams out to rule out your box being the issue.

Though the provider and same account works fine on my MB Premium Twin which I have in my main room so I know for fact it isn't a provider issue. However to double check this I will try another provider tonight but I know it will be the same outcome.

Andy_Hazza
18-08-17, 09:33
Are you watching the IPTV streams at the same on both boxes? Have you a multiroom a/c?

scottmcmullan8
18-08-17, 10:42
Are you watching the IPTV streams at the same on both boxes? Have you a multiroom a/c?

No disconnected one box and set up the other just as test. I do have two separate accounts also but I wanted to rule out an account issue so tried my known working account. Both have the same issues unfortunately. It seems to freeze after a while of streaming the content like it will first start to pixelate then go completely. It's as if the box doesn't have enough resources and chokes but as we have mentioned before same as the Vu Zero and I know of another user who has no issue with this same box i have on exact same service.

Bangord30
18-08-17, 15:10
My dad just tested various FHD streams on his miraclebox and all good for over half an hour and then switching back to cable tv...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

scottmcmullan8
18-08-17, 15:14
My dad just tested various FHD streams on his miraclebox and all good for over half an hour and then switching back to cable tv...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming this bangord - so the box in question is capable of doing this. If this one keeps freezing after 10 minutes it is clearly a fault with the box. I am going to test out using 3 different sources tonight. Will report findings.

scottmcmullan8
19-08-17, 11:04
Another update: Give up on the IPTV and just started streaming from plugins within Vix feeds (Youtube and IPTV player). Trying to watch a few HD streams on it even in 720p the stream just locks up after 5-10minutes then doesn't continue. This is not an internet issue I have two other boxes on the same network which streaming works fine on. I am not using them all at the same time either. Any recommendations on what to do with this box?

Andy_Hazza
19-08-17, 11:11
How is the box when viewing Sky or FreeSat or Cable (depending on your setup)?

scottmcmullan8
19-08-17, 11:25
It does seem to be fine I tested for 45 minutes or so through the tuner. I guess it is using different hardware though to broadcast through the tuner as opposed to streaming. I mean I could understand it if all these boxes were the same but bangord has confirmed above he has the same box and has had no issues streaming content using the same plugins as myself. To be honest I am impressed with every aspect of this box aside from this issue but it is a pretty big requirement to be able to stream content to it. I have seen mates with zgemmas (would never touch these myself) with a worse spec than this box and no trouble streaming content. Again it isn't actually that the box isn't capable of streaming the content it just seems give up after 5-10-20 minutes and it does not recover until channel change or stopping and starting the source.