PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mega] Image Update and kodi Issue.

kokojnr
09-08-17, 23:13
My Setup:

500GB Internal HDD, used for timeshift and recording

8GB USB stick connected to the back USB Port, used for picons, image backup and kodi directory

Done Image manager update from 5.0.023 to 5.0.024 on Sunday due to kernel change, receiver restarted and stuck on welcome screen for more than an hour.
I powered down the receiver, removed the USB stick booted the receiver and completed update.

Problem:
1) Receiver no longer recognise the USB or any other USB attached to the back USB port, if I put the receiver into sleep and attach a USB, the receiver will only boot to the welcome screen and freeze, when it freezes, I cannot telnet or FTP into it, however if I remove the USB, receiver will boot properly.

2) Kodi won’t work anymore, whenever I select kodi I get a black screen and it reverts back to the channel that I was watching. I have deleted the kodi plugin, and kodi folder, reinstalled the plugin and ran opk update command via telnet, but kodi still wont load.
Attached is a log any help will be very much appreciated.

danlou
10-08-17, 00:17
I don't know about point one but I am experiencing the same issue with Kodi. I have tried removing and reinstalling but no joy.

samsid
10-08-17, 08:26
if it's kodi direct you mean,is that still supported? don't use it myself Why not try clean reflash , via usb, use a different one .with just osmini folder on it.don't try restoring any settings. factory restore the box 1st, , se then if it reads the usb

kokojnr
10-08-17, 14:37
if it's kodi direct you mean,is that still supported?

Not kodi direct, its full kodi 17.3, i probably will need to do a clean reflash on all my receivers as they are getting a bit laggy

abu baniaz
13-08-17, 18:31
Are you sure the USB stick is fine? If it has been marked as corrupt, the receiver will check it and try to clean it before proceeding to boot.

abu baniaz
13-08-17, 18:38
BTW, we are on 025 now.

fbaggy
15-08-17, 20:59
I have the same issue with the Kodi plugin for the same box and using v5.0.025 VIX image. screen goes blank then returns to plugin menu. i have tried re-install and opkg updates but no joy

any ideas?

spanner123
16-08-17, 10:59
I have the same problem on Solo2 running Vix 5.0.025. Although on occasions it does work perfectly then on other occasions it just force closes.