PDA

View Full Version : Uno 4k v Solo 4K V Any Other box

Chomper5000
09-08-17, 20:06
Hello,

Whats are the differences between uno 4k and solo 4k please? Im looking for a box with these features:

Cable Box with Cable tuner
Record 3 channels and play 1 with full playback
2 spare slots for tuners
does kodi work on these boxes and vix?
Full PVR functions like the official Virmin box
What is FBC?
Does the external drive for uno 4k have any issues unlike a built in hard drive?
Any other boxes to recommend and please provide pros and cons

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
09-08-17, 21:19
FBC - Cable Tuner will basically give you capability to watch 1 & record 7 via just one feed to the receiver.
Solo 4K hasn't got the capability to have an FBC - Cable Tuner only FBC - Satellite Tuner.
Kodi works on Uno 4K, Solo 4K & Ultimo 4K.
For the Ultimate cable receiver with options to expand on more tuners look no further than the Ultimo 4K.
I always prefer an Internal HDD, but thats just my preference. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chomper5000
09-08-17, 22:17
FBC - Cable Tuner will basically give you capability to watch 1 & record 7 via just one feed to the receiver.
Solo 4K hasn't got the capability to have an FBC - Cable Tuner only FBC - Satellite Tuner.
Kodi works on Uno 4K, Solo 4K & Ultimo 4K.
For the Ultimate cable receiver with options to expand on more tuners look no further than the Ultimo 4K.
I always prefer an Internal HDD, but thats just my preference. :)

Thanks for the detailed information. According to the below link the uno 4k has FBC 8 Modulators (I assume this means 8 channel recording). I just need the box for cable and not satelite with the above specs. There is a big price difference between the uno 4k and ultimo 4k. Im not sure if the Ultimo 4k is worth the extra?

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/4k-uhd-digital-receivers/vu-plus-uno-4k-dvb-c-fbc

Andy_Hazza
09-08-17, 22:35
I think the Vu+ Ultimo 4K is worth it. Its the ultimate of rolls royces of boxes but yes comes at a price. The Uno 4K is a great receiver btw, just a shame it lacks capability for an internal HDD.
IF you were to get the Ultimo 4K it would serve you well for many many years, especially with the 8 tuner capability you could even have client boxes around your house pinching a tuner without the need for extra coax cabling, just ethernet cabling to get it on the same network. :)