PDA

View Full Version : No Service Searching option in 5.0.024?

steveharman
06-08-17, 10:03
Just flashed 5.0.024 on a friend's VU+ Duo for them, but unless I'm mistaken there's no Service Searching option from Menu > Setup? Looking on my Gigablue Quad I can see Service Searching when I press Menu > Setup.

Have I missed something along the way?

Thanks,

Steve

ccs
06-08-17, 10:08
... it's now under setup/tuner config.

steveharman
06-08-17, 10:48
Great, thanks.

So the options previously grouped under "System Searching" are now found individually in Setup > Tuner Config. I shouldn't expect to find a 'Service Searching' option under Setup > Tuner Config?

Feels like a *lot* of the official guides (all?) will need rupdating else we'll have an awful lot of confused newbies. Err, and those who have been at it for a few years too evidently. :-)

Thanks again.

Steve

cactikid
06-08-17, 11:28
i would agree and going blind pressing wrong buttons now one has to keep reading down the lists to find things.

Andy_Hazza
06-08-17, 12:38
The new menu options will keep you all occupied and out of trouble. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emulated
06-08-17, 13:48
Great, thanks.

So the options previously grouped under "System Searching" are now found individually in Setup > Tuner Config. I shouldn't expect to find a 'Service Searching' option under Setup > Tuner Config?

Feels like a *lot* of the official guides (all?) will need rupdating else we'll have an awful lot of confused newbies. Err, and those who have been at it for a few years too evidently. :-)

Thanks again.

Steve

Seems the obvious logical place to me. Configure the tuner and then system search. I try different images and they all have some quirk about them but I soon learn