PDA

View Full Version : Can a satelitte's channel listings be recovered from the SF4008

cpg
05-08-17, 01:23
I have made some unwise changes to the channel setup on one satellite which have not been corrected by a re-scan of that satellite.

My STB is a few months old and the seller made a complete image back-up to the internal hard-drive.

Is it possible for me to retrieve the original channel listing for just this one satellite only, without reverting to the original firmware?

Alternatively, if I revert back to the saved tar.gz firmware will it also restore my original satellite channel setup? If it did this then could I then download the latest firmware again to get back to the current firmware?

But maybe the channel listings are stored as a separate file within ViX? Will there be back-ups of those that I could retrieve?

Hope this makes sense.

Any advice would be welcome on the steps to take.

john doe
05-08-17, 16:26
if you use ABM this should bring back all channels.

twol
05-08-17, 16:44
I think you need to be a lot clearer on the image you are running, the satellite that you are apparently unable to access correctly, and the services (channels) you are trying to access.

machare
05-08-17, 20:30
I use Dreamboxedit to manage channel settings. It makes it easy to have a channel list with the channels you want and the order you want them in. You can save the settings on a PC.

There are other editors which others prefer.