PDA

View Full Version : CI Module cam recognition

locomobile
18-05-10, 01:11
I am using OpenPLi powered backup image for newbie’s 12-05-10 as my first image on my new Vu+. I finally abandoned a two year struggle to get a usable box from my Cuberevo.
I find that my Diablo2 is only recognized if removed and re-inserted when the box is fully booted (coming from deep standby). If the card is not removed re-init does nothing. I have major mobility problems so just jumping up to pull out and re-insert cam is not really possible. I find that once recognized I can go in and out of standby, but as these cams run hot even with the door open this is not ideal.
Is this a known problem and is there a fix? I have found my few days with this box and it's support forums a amazingly easy and satisfying experience after the Cuberevo.
Thanks in anticipation for any ideas.

Sicilian
18-05-10, 05:39
Might be worth trying Dream Elite 1.3.2 or VTI 1.0 to see if you get the same issues.

locomobile
18-05-10, 20:54
Thanks for you reply, tried both VTi and Black hole, same problem. Have tried other forums ( I'm not very good other than English). They seem to suggest driver problem, as this behaviour was only seen if versions greater than 4. Doesn't mean much to me. does anyone know more?

Sicilian
18-05-10, 22:02
Come to think of it, after original image 4.0, there was major change in kernal/drivers. Might we worth trying an older image. One thing to point out here though is that original version 4.3 onwards the SD picture quality really improved massively as the video enhancement plugin and new video drivers where released. Might be worth reporting the issue to VU+ using this email: -

alex@vuplus.com