PDA

View Full Version : TM-2T insufficient memory?

Armpit1UK
31-07-17, 14:39
Hi all,

I have been experiencing a few problems with my TM-2T freezing (spinner) just recently even though I have a swap file (largest possible) set up to work from start up.
I'm using the internal tuners for satellite, plus a USB tuner for cable.
The box has served me well until now but I wonder if it is showing it's age and is struggling to cope with demand.
Before I start looking for triple or quad tuner box to replace it, can anyone tell me if there's a way of expanding the memory further than the largest standard swapfile size?

Thanks!

Alankellyeire
31-07-17, 15:37
what makes you think it is a memory problem causin the freezing?

what is the reciver doing when it is freezing? e.g do you have a plugin running, IPTV channel open.

Armpit1UK
31-07-17, 18:09
Hi Alan,

Generally it freezes whilst watching cable tv, and when I switch it on!

Armpit1UK
31-07-17, 20:16
To qualify what I meant above. We have taken to shutting the box down on a Freesat channel, as if it starts up on a cable channel, it freezes. Either that, or we have to switch our router off first.

Alankellyeire
01-08-17, 11:13
a guest would be a bad oscam configuration( thats if your using oscam for your cable channels). cheeck ur config or disable it. i remember helping someone else with a similar issue and i think we figured out it was a bad oscam config in the end. ill look through my posts on here and other forums and see can i find it.

if not oscam it could be a plugin.

first thing to do is try to narrow down the cause.

if i was you i would.
take a full backup of your current image and copy it to your PC(so u can restore it at a later date).
then install a clean image. dont restore a backup after install.
Install the bare minimum of what you need. e.g no extra plugins and see if the problems still occur.
then every day or 2 without issue take a backup image before you install other plugins you use and see if you can narrow down the cause.

ronand
01-08-17, 11:49
What softcam are you using? mgcamd will do funny things if logging is set up to log to a non-existent ip address. It happens when people grab configs from the web instead of setting it up themselves.

Armpit1UK
05-08-17, 10:28
Hi, I'm using MGCamd but the log option is set at 00. I will have to try the fresh install as suggested by Alankellyeire.