PDA

View Full Version : Hi thinking of buying a Octagon SF4008.

hazzardboy7
23-07-17, 19:28
Hi thinking of buying a Octagon SF4008.

I need to use a Argolis Smargo Triple Reader on this receiver, (orange casing programmer) would this be a problem, i need to know this would work on Octagon SF4008, it would need a driver to get it to work, there is one for the dreambox 800se which i currently use. without a problem, is there one for the Octagon SF4008.

thanks

Sicilian
24-07-17, 05:17
Hi thinking of buying a Octagon SF4008.

I need to use a Argolis Smargo Triple Reader on this receiver, (orange casing programmer) would this be a problem, i need to know this would work on Octagon SF4008, it would need a driver to get it to work, there is one for the dreambox 800se which i currently use. without a problem, is there one for the Octagon SF4008.

thanks

What drivers do you install on the dreambox? USBserial drivers?

hazzardboy7
25-07-17, 12:53
What drivers do you install on the dreambox? USBserial drivers?

yes thats the ones.

thank you

hazzardboy7
25-07-17, 20:17
box came, and reader works fine, however i cant get a signal on 5 west mediaset stream 2 channels, 5 west channels are working, just not these, says no signal,any thing i need to do, to get these channels.

thanks

maxben
25-07-17, 21:33
Need more info on how you are trying to scan in channels.

Precise TP at least would be useful, are you using ViX ? if so then the multistream channels will be included in the default satellited.xml and would pick them up on an automatic satellite scan unless you are using a ready made channel list and it's over writing default satellites.xml in which case you would need to scan manually and entering all parameters including PLS details.

hazzardboy7
25-07-17, 23:48
hi i deleted the sat xml, from the mix image, could someone upload it please, i used the one i used in my dreambox which i updated myself maybe that wasn't a good idea.

thanks

abu baniaz
25-07-17, 23:50
Get latest one from here

http://satellites-xml.org/

hazzardboy7
26-07-17, 01:13
that has brought the rai ones in, but still no mediaset, no channels found om all of there fregs that i have checked so far

thanks for the help

Huevos
26-07-17, 10:38
Please be specific which transponders and channels you are trying to tune. What frequencies and TSID?

Mediaset channels work fine in default OpenViX without any mucking about.

You do realize the majority of the Mediaset channels are Nagravision encrypted? Do you have a subscription?

Please post screen grabs of signal finder so we can see the parameters you are using.

hazzardboy7
26-07-17, 16:32
Please be specific which transponders and channels you are trying to tune. What frequencies and TSID?

Mediaset channels work fine in default OpenViX without any mucking about.

You do realize the majority of the Mediaset channels are Nagravision encrypted? Do you have a subscription?

Please post screen grabs of signal finder so we can see the parameters you are using.

hi, i did a scan with the sat xml on the link you sent me, they dont work, this is not a clearing of the picture, its the fact im not getting the signal.

I do get rai channels now which i didn't before, after updating to the sat xml, these are fta, however on mediset channels the pay ones i need a card for, i cant get a signal, if i enter the freg directly it scans and then says no channels found.

it might well be the sat xml is not updated for these channels

Channels like rai 5 many rai radio channels fta i get a signal and see the picture/ hear the audio, channels on 12585 H or 12585 v no signal no channels found

i think i made a mistake in removing the org sat xml file, could someone please update the one that came with the vix image if they can please.

thanks

irfyd
26-07-17, 16:59
Hi guys also looking at sf4008 or edision os mega. Whats the advantage with s2x and whats multistream about. Someone pls clarify.

I only have fixed dish at mo 28.2

hazzardboy7
26-07-17, 17:34
Hi guys also looking at sf4008 or edision os mega. Whats the advantage with s2x and whats multistream about. Someone pls clarify.

I only have fixed dish at mo 28.2

more channels is the advantage, the more the receiver can do the better really, but we are really talking motorized dishes rather than fixed unless you lock onto 5 west satellite

irfyd
26-07-17, 19:24
5 west are we able to get it from here in UK ? bigger dish maybe...also not much left of sly now was thinkin goin for 2x cable and 1x s2x

Is there more FTA chans on 5 West, 4k content

Also soma that's been buggin me for ages also have solo4k on kodi none of the 4k stuff plays. is that same on sf4008?

hazzardboy7
26-07-17, 20:46
i have a 1.2 metre dish, but a smaller dish would pick up the satellite a 90cm would be fine maybe smaller

dont think there is any ultra hd on 5 west that is fta

no idea on kodi, i don't use it

all

if any kind person could upload the sat xml from there viz image, i would be grateful

Huevos
26-07-17, 21:29
What is wrong with the satellite.xml from satellite-xml.org?

BTW, 5.0W is a high power satellite. Should be an easy catch on a 60cm dish.

@hazardboy7, can't help any further as you haven't answered a single question anyone in this thread has asked you.

hazzardboy7
26-07-17, 21:30
ok another thing and i think it might still be lated to my above proble,
what is this

PLS MODE
PLS CODE
INPUT STREAM ID
what do i enter here, didnt have that in my dreambox, is that a VIX image thing or because of the new box having more options??

thanks

hazzardboy7
26-07-17, 22:21

BTW, 5.0W is a high power satellite. Should be an easy catch on a 60cm dish.

@hazardboy7, can't help any further as you haven't answered a single question anyone in this thread has asked you.

Hi
I installed the file from satellite-xml.org

I have 5 west tuned in, i enter the freg 12585 h 35000 2/3 via the tune part of the positioner set up, i see a signal of 93%
i then do a scan of that freg ,it finds no channels,so it don't download the mediaset channels on 5 west freg 12585 H, but i do get most 5 west channels downloaded if i do a full scan.

The details are in the sat box already these are
12585 h
2/3
DVB -S2 8PSK

the sat xml for 5 west for this freg is this

-<sat position="-50" flags="1" name="5.0W Eutelsat 5 West A Ku Band">

<transponder modulation="2" system="1" fec_inner="2" polarization="0" symbol_rate="35000000" frequency="12585000"/>

I also notice i cant scan in 27 west for the uk feeds, i see a signal on the tune menu, of 90% on 27 west, do a scan no channels found is the result.

Im running out of ideas here, if you are saying the box should find these channels using the sat xml on the link you posted, it dont work for me, maybe its not a sat xml problem???

thanks

Huevos
26-07-17, 23:09
How are you scanning 27W for feeds? This receiver does not currently support blindscan.

satellites.xml included in the OpenViX image and the one from satellites-xml.org both work fine as demonstrated by my screengrab above. All you have to do is a complete scan of 5.0W or scan predefined transponders individually. You don't need to touch user defined transponder parameters because all the data in satellites.xml is correct for this provider.

<transponder modulation="2" system="1" fec_inner="2" polarization="0" symbol_rate="35000000" frequency="12585000"/>If that is what it says in satellites.xml that file is not from my site.

maxben
26-07-17, 23:11
Which tuner are you using A, B, or maybe C if you have one fitted, myself and others that I've read about had tuning trouble when using any other tuner but B.

So trying tuner B would be my next trouble shooting test.

hazzardboy7
27-07-17, 00:21
Which tuner are you using A, B, or maybe C if you have one fitted, myself and others that I've read about had tuning trouble when using any other tuner but B.

So trying tuner B would be my next trouble shooting test.

Thanks
ill try that its tuner A im using

hazzardboy7
27-07-17, 01:44
Thanks
ill try that its tuner A im using

hi reinstalled the sat xml file on the link in this thread, changed to tuner B and now i have all channels on 5 west

thank you.

hazzardboy7
27-07-17, 01:48
Last question, any nice skins people would recommend, looking for a skin, which displays the sid/srvid when using oscam when the channel is changed, and nice looking, don't like either that come with the image much

thanks again to all

hazzardboy7
27-07-17, 02:34
on 27 west, ive done a scan, it finds the channels but then i see this message after a few seconds

service invaild
(timeout reading pmt)
is there any know fixes for this box on this package, i know this package is a pain to get the signal

thanks

Huevos
27-07-17, 08:57
Which package?

hazzardboy7
27-07-17, 10:11
Its the freesat channels on 27 west freg is 11495 V

thanks

Huevos
27-07-17, 11:30
Not Freesat. Those channels are BISS encrypted and require a specially prepared lamedb.

hazzardboy7
27-07-17, 13:07
hi sorry i meant freeview its listed as that on lyngsat.com.

where do i find this specially prepared lamedb for these channels please.

twol
27-07-17, 14:59
hi sorry i meant freeview its listed as that on lyngsat.com.

where do i find this specially prepared lamedb for these channels please.
These are the British Forces channels (BBC etc) so the services are no different than normal - there is a thread on OpenPli forum

hazzardboy7
27-07-17, 20:02
These are the British Forces channels (BBC etc) so the services are no different than normal - there is a thread on OpenPli forum

i can get a signal but as i said i get the message i quoted.

these channels are in bis i now there is a package for the armed forces on 9 or 10 east, just to be clear im talking about 27 west, ill check the thread out, but 2 very different replies so not sure which one is correct

thanks again to all

Huevos
27-07-17, 21:30
Nothing to do with forces. They are back up so if a local transmitter loses its main feed it can switch to these.

Huevos
27-07-17, 21:56
No need to read the thread on Pli. Those channels just work in ViX. All you need is the lamedb and Oscam-latest.

hazzardboy7
27-07-17, 22:45
So it seems i need a special altered file to get these to clear after entering the keys etc.

If anyone here clears 27 west usng the same box as myself, could they please send me a p.m or upload all the needed files, the rest of the problems are fixed now, but this is the last problem, and so far, no luck even though, ive had a good read on many forums about this.

thanks alot to everyone who has helped

Sicilian
28-07-17, 05:17
So it seems i need a special altered file to get these to clear after entering the keys etc.

If anyone here clears 27 west usng the same box as myself, could they please send me a p.m or upload all the needed files, the rest of the problems are fixed now, but this is the last problem, and so far, no luck even though, ive had a good read on many forums about this.

thanks alot to everyone who has helped

This forum is not for this type of support. Rule 2: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2-Please-read-the-rules-here

hazzardboy7
28-07-17, 15:45
ok but i wouldn't say rule 2 applied here, im not talking about getting picture, in talking about getting a signal, a patched lamedb is need, ok.
yes i did say the word keys, but i didnt ask for them, i cant get a signal, so even if i had the "keys" it wouldn't do me no good.

Maybe using the word keys was the wrong word to use, but i wanted to say it wasn't a key problem, i need a signal first.
So if anyone can send me a link to all the needed file(s) so i can get a signal on 27 west using this box i would be really grateful.

thanks

Sicilian
28-07-17, 17:22
ok but i wouldn't say rule 2 applied here, im not talking about getting picture, in talking about getting a signal, a patched lamedb is need, ok.
yes i did say the word keys, but i didnt ask for them, i cant get a signal, so even if i had the "keys" it wouldn't do me no good.

Maybe using the word keys was the wrong word to use, but i wanted to say it wasn't a key problem, i need a signal first.
So if anyone can send me a link to all the needed file(s) so i can get a signal on 27 west using this box i would be really grateful.

thanks

Signal, keys, whatever. Thread is closed. This forum is not used for opening encrypted channels.