PDA

View Full Version : Request: How to copy programes from Octagon SF4008 hard drive?

cpg
23-07-17, 01:27
Is is possible to copy a recorded programme from the internally mounted hard-drive of my Octagon SF4008 (ViX) and onto a USB stick? And what is the file format please?

In the same vein, as my SF4008 is connected to my home network, is it possible to watch the programmes stored on its internal hard-drive, from a media box in another room? What would I need to enable on the ViX menu to accomplish this?

Andy_Hazza
23-07-17, 08:56
You are best using an ftp program, something like Filezilla/FlashFXP etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
23-07-17, 10:57
I've never tried this, but should work.

1) Install NTFS drivers from plugins feeds and reboot.
2) Format USB stick NTFS on PC.
3) Connect USB stick.
4) Open recordings.
5) You'll see Green button is used to move items. Press Green then select the USB stick.

maxben
23-07-17, 11:22
In the same vein, as my SF4008 is connected to my home network, is it possible to watch the programmes stored on its internal hard-drive, from a media box in another room? What would I need to enable on the ViX menu to accomplish this?

Install/enable miniDNLA server in network settings, as most media players support DLNA you will then be able to access your STB HDD recordings, for example I can access and play the recordings on my SF4008 and HD51 with my LG TVs and Panasonic Blu-ray player.