PDA

View Full Version : Added a new vix skin and my ET10000 locks up when booting

Jimper1
19-07-17, 15:19
I added the new skin because the TV guides were not updating. So I have a different problem now as my box cant boot up. Ive tried using FTP but it wont connect for some unknown reason, I have used this before so I'm OK with FTP. Secondly ive tried to flash the latest image via USB stick but with no joy even though I followed the instructions to the letter.
So I'm totally stuck now I need some help please.

twol
19-07-17, 16:16
1. Don,t panic
2. Is the box still bootable eg it didn,t flash?
If so use ftp to delete the skin - what was it? Usr/share/enigma2 ... delete skin
3. format new stick fat32, load image folder and try to reflash

TV guides (epg) not loading and skins are not related

Jimper1
20-07-17, 08:08
Hi Towl thanks for your reply. For some reason FTP doesn't work now it seems unable to see the IP address. As for trying to flash a new image it ignores the sticks as ive tried 2 and formatted both. Even tried different images I know I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what?

twol
20-07-17, 08:49
Do an IP scan from a PC and just check that the IP address hasn't changed.
Some receivers ans sticks can be tempermental, try another stick and make sure that the folder and naming on stick is correct.

Jimper1
20-07-17, 10:01
I'm still having trouble using FTP to my box but I managed to use my IP scanner to it. I was then able to delete the offending file and the machine rebooted fine. Can you tell a good skin to use with me et10000.

Andy_Hazza
20-07-17, 10:51
The ViX-Confluence skin is nice & big. The YouViX-Blue is also a nice skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimper1
20-07-17, 11:51
That skin seems to be fine thankyou. But I still cant FTP to my box its coming up all sort of login errors and ive checked the IP address. Any ideas please?

twol
20-07-17, 11:59
Its IP address, blank password port 21

Jimper1
20-07-17, 12:19
This what comes up when I try FTP to my box. PS ive took out my IP

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: USER anonymous
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS *********************
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

ccs
20-07-17, 12:25
User is root

Jimper1
21-07-17, 13:15
Thankyou that sorted the problem with FTP. I still have a problem with EPG though, every time I open up the listing all the tv guides are missing. Also I cannot auto copy to work only individual at the time saves.

twol
21-07-17, 15:02
Thankyou that sorted the problem with FTP. I still have a problem with EPG though, every time I open up the listing all the tv guides are missing. Also I cannot auto copy to work only individual at the time saves.

To keep the epg filled, you need to schedule either CrossEPG or EPGimporter

abu baniaz
21-07-17, 16:16
You posted in the download section, I shall move the thread for you.

Please note the following:

It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.