PDA

View Full Version : softcam

micscave
18-05-10, 00:42
Hey all
I finally sorted my motorised dish tonight. I had to change my Latitude setting slightly to account for the dish being slightly out of line.

I've installed cccam 2.1.4 but not really sure what I'm doing with that yet, I'll come back to that.
I'm used to using softcam on my starview HD combo to clear digiTV on thor. I've installed something called Scam 3.59 thinking it was a softcam but I'm not sure now.

I have a softcam folder that I downloaded a while ago called "bliner Dreambox keys" with loads of files in it including the softcam file. Not sure what to do next.

Mant thanks

Sicilian
18-05-10, 05:36
Its this plugin via telnet http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?23-SatAngels-KeyUpdater-1.3-for-Vu

Once installed re-boot receiver.
Press blue button enable CCcam.
Now hold down blue button and select sat angel.
Then select update mini cat keys and update CCcam keys.
Enjoy digitv ;)

micscave
18-05-10, 12:08
Cheers Sic I'll look at that when I get home from work.

mk753
18-05-10, 15:11
Hey all
I finally sorted my motorised dish tonight. I had to change my Latitude setting slightly to account for the dish being slightly out of line.

I've installed cccam 2.1.4 but not really sure what I'm doing with that yet, I'll come back to that.
I'm used to using softcam on my starview HD combo to clear digiTV on thor. I've installed something called Scam 3.59 thinking it was a softcam but I'm not sure now.

I have a softcam folder that I downloaded a while ago called "bliner Dreambox keys" with loads of files in it including the softcam file. Not sure what to do next.

Mant thanks

Hi Miscave,
How did you sort out the dish problem? Is it by usual way, I mean setting the tuner first etc.? It would really be helpful as I am struggling with setting up the motorised dish. For the time being I am only receiving Astra 28.3 FTA. When I try to move to other sats for some reason I loose the position of Astra. Could you please guide ue how did u do that and what image are you using?

TIA

micscave
18-05-10, 15:47
hey mk753
I plugged my dish back into my other receiver and parked it at 1 west (thor). With my usuals co-ordinates set properly I switched over to diseqc and used the fine tune button to nudge my dish west untill the quality peaked. Then I played around with my latitude settings untill with usuals it hit the spot dead on. My latitude is 002.000 West but I now have it set to 000.500 E to compensate for the dish alignment error.

I Plugged it back into the vu+ plus making sure you set your motorised tuner to single LNB & Thor as your sat so as when you plug it in you can check you have a picture. Then set your USUALs co-ordinates up with the new values & just send it to a few sats just to make sure.
I'm using the Dream Elite 1.3.2 image.

I hope this all makes sense.
Good luck.

micscave
19-05-10, 01:54
Hey Sic
I've downloaded from your link the satangels file. When I unzip it I get a file, what do i do with this please ? I don'tunderstand this bit "Copy SatAngels_KeyUpdater_Vu+_1.3.tar.gz to /var/tmp"

Should I be able to browse my vu+ from network on my pc or do i need to use Dreambox edit ?

also I got the satangels file from somewhere else too and when i unzip that one I get a folder "SatAngels_KeyUpdater_Vu+_1.3"
inside that is a rar file "SatAngels_KeyUpdater_Vu+_1.3.tar" When that is unzipped there are 2 text files "changelog" & "readme" 2 folders "etc" & "usr".

Sicilian
19-05-10, 04:54
You need to FTP the SatAngels_KeyUpdater_Vu+_1.3.tar.gz to /var/tmp using a FTP program like filezilla.

Then open a command promt.

Enter: -
Telnet 192.xxx.xxx.xxx <<your box ip
Enter user = root
Pass leave blank if not set and press enter
Then the following telnet commands: -

cd /tmp then press enter

tar -xzvf SatAngels_KeyUpdater_Vu+_1.3.tar.gz -C / then press enter
when its none close the command prompt and re-boot your Duo.

micscave
19-05-10, 09:17
Thank you Sic.
This is all very new to me so your advice is really helpfull.

Cheers mate

micscave
20-05-10, 20:33
If I've successfuly managed to ftp the file across to the vu+ should I be able to find it in the plugins menu without doing this telnet stuff or is that needed too ? If so do I do this from Filezilla or putty which I have installed on my lappy ?

I think I have sent the file to the vu+ but I'm confused a bit here. I had to add the ".tar.gz" extension to your download which turns it into a rar file, inside of which is another rar file (SatAngels_KeyUpdater_Vu+_1.3.tar.gz) If I unzip that there are 2 folders in there (etc & user) These are what I've ftp across, is this right ?

Sorry I'm not getting this.
Cheers

Sicilian
20-05-10, 22:18
FTP the SatAngels_KeyUpdater_Vu+_1.3.tar.gz to /tmp direcotry with filezilla.

Open a command prompt on your pc.

Enter the following commnads: -

Telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx << your vu+ duo ip
User = root
Pass = leave blank and press enter
cd /tmp then press enter
tar -xzvf SatAngels_KeyUpdater_Vu+_1.3.tar.gz -C / then press enter

micscave
21-05-10, 01:46
Hi Sic
Ok I did send the right file to the vu+, but I am stuck on this other bit. I open a commend prompt on my pc and type in :
Telnet 192.168.1.5 Then I press enter to move to the next line and it says in the window : telnet is not recognized internal or external command, operable program or batch file

If I try the same in putty, after I input : Telnet 192.168.1.5 and press enter it comes up password which I leave blank & press enter to move on to next line but it comes up : Login incorrect.

As you suggested when you helped me send my sat list to the vu+, there is no password set. I'm using Windows 7 if that makes any difference.
I'm sorry this isn't happening for me & I don't mean to be a pain in the arse.

Many thanks

grtmoby
21-05-10, 01:53
when using putty u don't write Telnet 192.168.1.5 you just write 192.168.1.5 in the box named Host Name or IP Address. in the connection type make sure you choose SSH

for windows 7 and vista just make sure when u run the program you run as administrator or have a look here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?622-Telnet-on-Windows-7&goto=newpost)

hope this works for you...

micscave
21-05-10, 02:04
when using putty u don't write Telnet 192.168.1.5 you just write 192.168.1.5 in the box named Host Name or IP Address. in the connection type make sure you choose SSH

for windows 7 just make sure when u run the program you run as administrator.

hope this works for you...Cheers mate, you beat me to it, I just pmed you. So I dont put a dot in Telnet then in putty but in SSH instead ? this maybe where I'm going wrong

Cheers

grtmoby
21-05-10, 02:08
when u open putty,
don't type the word "telnet" just write the ip of the vu which in ur case is 192.168.1.5
make the port 23 instead of 22
choose SSH
click on open at the bottom.

This should open you the telnet window where you can write whatever you want and so install satangels as Sic has guided.

micscave
21-05-10, 17:49
Ayup all
With a clear head I've managed to do this now. Thanks sic for your patience & thanks to grtmoby for pointing me in the right direction regarding getting the telnet command promt activated in windows 7. Thanks to my agent for all her hard work on the portable in the kitchen & our daughter sitting along side her.

I was confused as well with the satangels file looking like a rar file as this is the program associated to .tar files (a quick google goes a long way) on my puta.

Right gonna have a play.
Many thanks