PDA

View Full Version : Viewing EPG - is possible to jump one day at a time?

cpg
14-07-17, 13:11
I have recently purchased an Octagon SF4008 with ViX.

I find with the EPG that I have to keep pressing on the arrow key to move past each programme listing.

But is there a facility to jump to the next day's EPG? For example, say I open the EPG at 3pm Friday, is there a way to jump to the EPG listings at 3pm Saturday, or 3pm Sunday, and work from those points?

Thanks for any advice.

ccs
14-07-17, 13:21
The help button when viewing the epg should display lots of features - I think prog+ and prog- is what you're looking for.

pembo
15-07-17, 07:18
ccs is right -
channel up/down = move a day forward/back
number keys navigate and change views on the list, including the time scale.

If you've come from a sky box this can be a bit disorientating, but it's generally consistent across Vix that numbers are used to navigate pages/etc.

Andy_Hazza
15-07-17, 07:29
I have recently purchased an Octagon SF4008 with ViX.

I find with the EPG that I have to keep pressing on the arrow key to move past each programme listing.

But is there a facility to jump to the next day's EPG? For example, say I open the EPG at 3pm Friday, is there a way to jump to the EPG listings at 3pm Saturday, or 3pm Sunday, and work from those points?

Thanks for any advice.

Another nice feature for you to try is; while watching Sky 1 for example, press down, while Sky 1 is highlighted now press your EPG button. This gives you 5 or 7 days EPG, depending on your setup. Use your Right & Left arrow button to flick over a page. I use this to setup my recordings/series recordings etc. You can setup recordings via the green button (Add Timer > one off recording), blue button (Auto Timers > series linking type recordings). Also pressing the record button lets you select between the Add Timer & Auto Timer and is much quicker at setting up. The green & blue button methods lets you tinker about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK4|2|1
15-07-17, 10:05
I use a modified epgselection.py file that allows paging up and down with the channel buttons, and +/-24hr with yellow & blue buttons. Can't remember who wrote it, to give credit, I find vix method rubbish, why they can't allow customisation is beyond me.

twol
15-07-17, 10:51
Another nice feature for you to try is; while watching Sky 1 for example, press down, while Sky 1 is highlighted now press your EPG button. This gives you 5 or 7 days EPG, depending on your setup. Use your Right & Left arrow button to flick over a page. I use this to setup my recordings/series recordings etc. You can setup recordings via the green button (Add Timer > one off recording), blue button (Auto Timers > series linking type recordings). Also pressing the record button lets you select between the Add Timer & Auto Timer and is much quicker at setting up. The green & blue button methods lets you tinker about.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

................ Many thanks, really useful info. I have never seen that before and I have now been around a while!

twol
15-07-17, 10:53
I use a modified epgselection.py file that allows paging up and down with the channel buttons, and +/-24hr with yellow & blue buttons. Can't remember who wrote it, to give credit, I find vix method rubbish, why they can't allow customisation is beyond me.

Must admit as a visual person, I much prefer having the coloured buttons, much more intuitive than trying to remember which ****** key to use:)

cpg
15-07-17, 12:28
Thanks to everyone above for such helpful answers. I do appreciates all your responses and have learnt more than I had expected.