PDA

View Full Version : Fan Not Running

paulfg
13-07-17, 12:31
i have had a problem the last few days,when turning my box on in the morning the power button lights but nothing more happens.If I switch the power back off using the rocker switch the box boots after a few tries.Today I opened the box and saw that the fan is not running even though the box had booted up,also there was signs of a poor connection on the spade terminal of the on/off switch (brown heat mark on the rubber cover of the lucar connector.
I have tightened the lucar connector.
Sorry for the ramble but my question is what voltages should I see on the fan pins? I see 11.3v across pins 1 and 2 looking from the rear of box left to right, but nothing between pin 3 and 1 or 2

paulfg
14-07-17, 19:27
an update
changed fan ,it was definitely broken. box booted up first time and has been on all day with temperature reading 40c /1850 rpm in setup/system/temp & fan control is this normal or high?
Outside temperature is about 30c at the moment here in greece

ronand
14-07-17, 19:50
40 is quite ok for a solo2. Mine is at 37 atm and its nowhere near 30 degrees here in Ireland

paulfg
15-07-17, 07:34
thats great thank you ronand

paulfg
15-07-17, 07:35
one last question,should the fan draw air in from the lid and expell it from the rear or the other way round.I am not sure if I reversed fitting the new fan