PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects - OpenWebif (BoxInfo / Tuners)

enf70
12-07-17, 15:18
I can see this message "Cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects" in the Webif (Box Info, Tuners section)

SpaceRat
15-07-17, 22:01
Open an issue on e2openplugins-OWIF

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

Sicilian
16-07-17, 06:11
I can see this message "Cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects" in the Webif (Box Info, Tuners section)

Please update to OpenViX 5.0.023 and re-check. I've just checked all 3 of boxes at home and none have this issue.

bsod
16-07-17, 10:36
Please update to OpenViX 5.0.023 and re-check. I've just checked all 3 of boxes at home and none have this issue.

I can also confirm no issues like this on mu DUO2 after upgrading to 5.0.023 either. I will say though that there are *alot* more menu items called "Settings" since I think 5.0.020. Prior to that most of these had more meaningful menu names. Is this a OpenWebif issue or something in openvix. If the former I'll raise an issue with the OpenWebIf devs.

Craig

abu baniaz
16-07-17, 14:09
It is a result of the menu changes.

birdman
16-07-17, 15:27
I will say though that there are *alot* more menu items called "Settings" since I think 5.0.020. Prior to that most of these had more meaningful menu names. Is this a OpenWebif issue or something in openvix. If the former I'll raise an issue with the OpenWebIf devs.Before the change to the themed-OWI a few months back these were all marked as just "Settings". Then things got better (IIRC), but have now reverted to Settings. I think the text is picked up from the menu codes themselves, rather than it being set within OWI.

birdman
16-07-17, 15:27
Please update to OpenViX 5.0.023 and re-check. I've just checked all 3 of boxes at home and none have this issue.The OP does have a lot of tuners, though....

bsod
16-07-17, 15:40
The OP does have a lot of tuners, though....

True, my DUO2 just has two dual tuner DVB-T cards. I do have 2 dual tuner USB based DVB-T tuners I can add back in to see if I get the same error. Doing that would bring me up to 8 tuners and going by the image the OP posted it is on what would have been the 8th device that the error occured. Let me know if you want me to give it a go.

Craig

enf70
17-07-17, 11:16
I've upgraded to the latest version and I don't see it anymore.
It was fine with 5.0.0.21 as well, I could see the message only sometimes and it seemed to be connected to the DVB-C/T2 tuner (an HMP Combo DVB C / T2 Hybrid USB TUNER working with dvbsky drivers) getting into an weird state.
I even need to reboot the box (sometimes) as I get the spinning "VIX" forever.
It seems also to be related to the AutobouquetsMaker scheduled run which sometimes leaves the tuner in this state - but I'll investigate further, I'm not entirely sure this is the reason or just the tuner/drivers.