PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN 4K] TMTwin4K Issues on 5.0.020

Darmeth
06-07-17, 18:29
Some issues to feedback around v5.0.020 on TMTwin4K

As this is the only active box in my house, I threw in the towel and have reflashed back to 5.0.014

Daily EPG errors in logs, whether downloading Rytec or other EPGs (EPG data-corrupt, restart enigma2 message). I tried deleting EPG on numerous occasions only to have the log errors on next download.
Very sluggish navigation in menus. Additionally, I started seeing the spinner a lot more in v 5.0.020 when doing simple things like opening the EPG or opening the IMDB plugin or almost any other menu. It has also appeared a few times when just watching FTA TV.
This past Monday was particularly bad - box was running like a 3-legged dog so pressed the standby to restart. I received a message that 6 processes are running, am I sure that I want to restart? Checking processes command: ps aux | less shows nothing out of the ordinary.
Monday night, box kept restarting enigma2 every 5 min exactly.
Reflash with/without settings restore as well as opkg upgrade all tried.

Since going back to 5.0.014, the box just works, and works well. Everything is noticeably faster and more responsive. I’ve had no EPG errors, and the only time I see the spinner is when I restart.

I’ve seen some similar-ish issues around the forum, and I’m sharing this to gauge whether others have experienced a degradation in performance of their boxes from one image to another.