PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Do autotimers update with EPG updates?

hiohaa
06-07-17, 18:15
i have set my cross EPG to update every hour.
Lets say I've got a program on BBC one which the autotimer has picked up, to start recording at 10.30-11pm.

but because of some schedule shift during the day, the EPG updates, and now the program starts at 10.40-11.10pm

Does the autotimer then adjust? Or will it stop the recording at 11pm?

i don't want to have to keep checking the autotimers with radiotimes website just to ensure i won't miss the end of a program.
thanks

Andy_Hazza
06-07-17, 18:20
I've never missed a recording and thats just with CrossEPG running at 5am every morning. Every hour is a bit anal don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronand
06-07-17, 18:45
There is nothing wrong with the epg updating every hour (in standby) - it saves the need for a schedule to be set up or for power timers. The autotimer should pick up the new time (if the autotimer polls after the change) although it may also record the original timer too.

hiohaa
06-07-17, 20:37
I've never missed a recording and thats just with CrossEPG running at 5am every morning. Every hour is a bit anal don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for your useful input and for answering my question, really appreciated. you are a valuable member of the community.

Larry-G
07-07-17, 12:57
thanks for your useful input and for answering my question, really appreciated. you are a valuable member of the community.

he's a damned site more valuable to the community than you will ever be.

hiohaa
07-07-17, 14:59
he's a damned site more valuable to the community than you will ever be.

is there anyone else who would actually like to respond to the question?
or shall i go ask a more sensible forum where people actually do provide help and support.

ccs
07-07-17, 15:47
... your question has already been answered.

ccs
07-07-17, 19:13
In case anyone is wondering what the answer I was referring to was...

The autotimer should pick up the new time (if the autotimer polls after the change) although it may also record the original timer too.

hiohaa
07-07-17, 21:29
In case anyone is wondering what the answer I was referring to was...

yeh i was going to respond to him, as the sole person who actually attempted to help (and you too, now) - and i thank both of you for that (and not sarcastically either)

So his answer hinged on 'IF the autotimer polls after the change' - so what exactly does this mean? If the autotimer registers it?
i mean, how do i know if the autotimer has 'polled after the change'?
still leaves me with the same question to be honest.

ccs
07-07-17, 21:34
Autotimers/menu allows you to alter the polling interval that the autotimer runs.

So the more frequently you run it, the better the chance of spotting changes in the schedule.

Changes to the bbc1/bbc2 schedules tonight appeared in the freeview epg only a few minutes before the the change took effect.

hiohaa
07-07-17, 21:58
ooooh i see, brilliant. okay, thanks.

ccs
07-07-17, 22:02
I wouldn't run it too regularly as it appears to be labour intensive. I've got it set to 25 minutes.

Larry-G
07-07-17, 22:18

I should hope so, 5 years as a developer of ViX and former admin on this forum and others, I think my record speaks for it self.

If you don't want daft replies don't make daft comments in the first place.

Andy simply replied to your post, you on the other hand seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder and expect a immediate response.

Just remember every person here including the staff do this on their own time they don't owe you any thing.

hiohaa
08-07-17, 01:19
Andy simply replied to your post, you on the other hand seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder and expect a immediate response.

Just remember every person here including the staff do this on their own time they don't owe you any thing.

He didn't reply to my post - he made a pointless judgemental comment which literally had not a single thing to do with my post - why would anyone even bother wasting their time typing it?
i did not expect such an inane response on a Vix support forum, hence my reply back to him.

i don't have a chip on my shoulder - i asked a question ona support forum, and expected a sensible mature answer - fortunately there are people on here who did give such a response, and for their help i expressed my gratitude.
At no point did i show that i 'needed an immediate response' Either - so not sure where you're pulling that from.

Oh - so you admit the reply was daft - in what way was my original post daft???? His daft comment, was in response to my original question, seeking support. It was a perfectly valid question to ask. It wasn't exactly 'how do i turn my satellite box on'.

You pull out your 'look at me and my 5 years' reputation brag, and then accuse me of having a chip on my shoulder? Oh the irony.

But you know - if you don't like what i post - don't read it. SIMPLES.

abu baniaz
08-07-17, 01:35
The EPG is polled at regular intervals for changes and the timers are adjusted. One of the developers used to use CrossEPG several times a day and save the EPG.dat on internal flash. We all use our receivers differently.

Opening the Autotimers screen and pressing Green to save makes AutoTimer poll EPG again. Best to keep time range wide enough to cater for changes but not too wide so that you get duplication.

I am closing this thread to stop the arguments escalating. Please feel free to start another thread if required.