PDA

View Full Version : Cant pickup Channel 5

FC01
06-07-17, 13:55
Hello

Not sure if anyone is going to be able to help with this but I though I would ask just in case.

I have just purchased a portable satellite setup from Maplin - http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/used-hd-camping-and-caravanning-satellite-system-b44qu

The receiver that comes with with it is a Comag sl60/12hd, all appears to be working OK. I have it pointed at Astra 2 (28.2E) when I do a scan for FTA channels it returns 232 channels but not Channel 5. Thinking it might the a misaligned dish I have plugged it into my Sky dish but get the same result. If I connect my Sky HD box to the portable dish it picks up Ch5 without a problem. So I guess the problem is with the receiver. The options I have when scanning is FTA channels or All Channels. Even if I scan all channels it still doesn't get Ch5.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

many thanks

twol
06-07-17, 13:58
Are you in UK?

FC01
06-07-17, 14:07
Are you in UK?

Yes, down is sunny Kent at the moment:cool:

adm
06-07-17, 15:01
Is your box receiving any of the HD channels? On satellite there is a Channel5 HD.

Could the HD channels be in a separate list?

FC01
06-07-17, 15:11
Is your box receiving any of the HD channels? On satellite there is a Channel5 HD.

Could the HD channels be in a separate list?

Ah, never thought of that - it may well be the problem. I will check that out.

abu baniaz
07-07-17, 00:37
The receiver probably has an old list of transponders so does not scan the one that has the channel.

If it has blindscan capability, use that.

You should also update the transponder list.

You can also manually enter the transponder to scan.

10964 Horizontal 22000

FC01
07-07-17, 13:21
The receiver probably has an old list of transponders so does not scan the one that has the channel.

If it has blindscan capability, use that.

You should also update the transponder list.

You can also manually enter the transponder to scan.

10964 Horizontal 22000

Hi Abu

Yes - that is exactly what the problem was. I went though last nigh and modified\added the nessary transponder list - I have now picked up 100s of channels as well as all the HD ones.

Perfect! thanks for your help.