PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] gigablue quad crashing

siri_uk
05-07-17, 10:14
Hi guy, I have a weird problem with my gigablue quad, if a scheduled scan runs on epgrefresh or crossepg while the tv is turned off the receiver seems to crash and hang until the tv is turned on then the openvix logo and spinner is there and resumes boot. I have attached a crash log if someone could take a look for me. The tv is a oled lg.

Comfysofa
05-07-17, 10:15
Did you manage to get your LG remote controlling the receiver....ive never got mine to work with my vu...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ccs
05-07-17, 10:29
Crash looks a bit like this....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55483-Boot-loop

which I thought had been sorted.

twol
05-07-17, 10:48
Hi guy, I have a weird problem with my gigablue quad, if a scheduled scan runs on epgrefresh or crossepg while the tv is turned off the receiver seems to crash and hang until the tv is turned on then the openvix logo and spinner is there and resumes boot. I have attached a crash log if someone could take a look for me. The tv is a oled lg.
What are your settings for audio & video in setup?

twol
05-07-17, 10:51
Crash looks a bit like this....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55483-Boot-loop

which I thought had been sorted.

Don't think so, its trying to change videomode (which is why I posted a Q?) and for Gigablue boxes there seems to be some special handling in AVswitch,py thats not in this module (Videomode.py)

siri_uk
05-07-17, 11:25
Hi thanks for the reply, ive attached a screenshot of video

twol
05-07-17, 11:30
Change refresh rate to 50 and see what happens :)

Joe_90
05-07-17, 11:40
I have a Quad+ and it runs CrossEPG and ABM each morning at 06:00 while the TV and AMP are off. No issues, but my AV settings are fixed at 50Hz / 1080i. The Quad+ has always been a bit "flaky" when used on odd screen refresh rates and even when I change audio tracks (say from AC3 to MPEG) it takes 20 - 30 seconds of frame jumps before it finally gets sound and picture back in sync. Has always done this - one of the quirks of the GB drivers I think.

twol
05-07-17, 12:10
I have a Quad+ and it runs CrossEPG and ABM each morning at 06:00 while the TV and AMP are off. No issues, but my AV settings are fixed at 50Hz / 1080i. The Quad+ has always been a bit "flaky" when used on odd screen refresh rates and even when I change audio tracks (say from AC3 to MPEG) it takes 20 - 30 seconds of frame jumps before it finally gets sound and picture back in sync. Has always done this - one of the quirks of the GB drivers I think.

Thanks Tony, for the input. I think with 50Hz, siri_uk hopefuly will not see the issue as there is a check for "multi" in the code.