PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Boot Loop.

The Soulman
04-07-17, 18:56
Good evening all.

I'm hoping that you may be able to help me with a problem I am having at present.
I have a DM800 HD SE (V1) and I've been trying to get OpenVix 5.0.011 to run on it but have encountered several problems along the way.
To avoid turning this post into something containing 5000 words by going through everything I've done in the 10 days or so that I've been trying to get the image to run without any issues, I'll tell you exactly where I am at this moment in time.
I'd like to start by saying that I do realise that the DM800 HD SE is not officially supported by OpenVix and if you can't help me at least having asked, I'll know.

I've installed the image which I got from the Linuxat-Support website, gone through the set up and having scanned the (Cable) tuner I had viewable FTA channels.
I manually installed MGcamd 1.35a and restarted the box no problems.
Using Filezilla I transferred a mg-cfg file and a newcamd.list file into usr / keys and then, using softcam manager, started MGcamd 1.35a (Green tick in box) I then restarted the receiver and again, no problems.
I continued to use the receiver for a couple of days and could view and switch between FTA channels.

Yesterday evening without making any changes, I restarted the receiver only for it to go into a boot loop where it shows the message, "We are really sorry. Your receiver has encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted".
After Five minutes of watching the receiver going around in this loop I removed the power supply.
I have this morning switched the receiver back on so that I could read the message again and get the path to where the crash logs are located.

I have saved the most recent crash log into a folder on my computer and have included it at the bottom of this post as an attachment in the hope that someone with the necessary knowledge can read it and perhaps suggest what is causing the receiver to behave as it is.

Thank you and regards, The Soulman.

abu baniaz
04-07-17, 19:07
We don't make images for the DM800. It is crashing because of a videomode issue. PLI still make 4.0 images for it. OpenATv do too.

I'll have to close the thread.