PDA

View Full Version : Kodi for Vu+ Ultimo

frankblueking
04-07-17, 15:45
Hi Guys I have spent an interesting 2 hours reviewing the various threads on Kodi for Vu+ STB's, however I cannot find specific answers for my long in the tooth Ultimo. I have looked in the Plugin feeds for Kodi (including VuKodi) but cannot find it in extensions. I wondered if I had an uninstall residue from when I installed & uninstalled Kodi last year so I have done a USB install of image 50.0.020 without using the saved Plugins. (I realise some of the Plugins are included in the image) I still cannot see Kodi in the plugins, what am I doing wrong? My setup is shown in my signature. Apologies if I missed the correct post. Regards Frankblueking :confused::confused::confused:

ronand
04-07-17, 16:30
Kodi is not available for the older boxes such as the solo/uno/ultimo/duo etc. The hardware does not support it.

Andy_Hazza
04-07-17, 16:30
Kodi not available for the ageing Vu+ Ultimo. Kodi is available for; Duo 2, Solo SE, Solo 2, Solo 4K, Uno 4K & Ultimo 4K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankblueking
04-07-17, 20:29
Disappointing but understandable. Is there older software I can use to access the same system. (Apols for the vagueness but not sure where the boundaries are!!) If there is no solution, other than spending money I don't have, it looks as if I may be relegated to the discard bin!! CS is dead for the time being at least so nowhere to go. Not intended to be a complaint just recognition of the facts!! Frank :(:(

Andy_Hazza
04-07-17, 20:37
Disappointing but understandable. Is there older software I can use to access the same system. (Apols for the vagueness but not sure where the boundaries are!!) If there is no solution, other than spending money I don't have, it looks as if I may be relegated to the discard bin!! CS is dead for the time being at least so nowhere to go. Not intended to be a complaint just recognition of the facts!! Frank :(:(

Don't discuss anything related to c/s please. Refresh yourself with the forum rules.
No software will give you Kodi for your receiver.
Do yourself a favour n buy ones of these for Kodi;
https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/media-players-and-streaming/libreelec-kodi-media-players/venz-v10-pro-libreelec-4k-uhd-media-player-streamer
https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/media-players-and-streaming/libreelec-kodi-media-players/wetek-play-2
I have the Venz V10 Pro running LibreELEC and its mega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankblueking
04-07-17, 20:51
Apols Andy as no intention to discuss sensitive areas. I will look at the options to "upgrade" but not optimistic at the moment. I am looking at IPTV but so far unable to get it to work. I hope that isn't also a no go topic!! Frank