PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo4K] Channel scan doesn't find dvb-t2 mux

Tobbe
03-07-17, 19:44
hi

i have a new solo4k box and first thing i did was to boot it using the stock image, all channels including the hd channels was found without any problems.
then i decided to flash openvix and did same thing, all dvb-t channels is found but not the t2 channels (hd)
so a lot of interesting channels is not there.

i have of course retried the scan several times with a few different tunner options for region and country but the one i focused mostly on was the europe & middle east one since it was most similar to what the stock image had that worked.

any advice on what to do and how to get the t2 mux working?
a manual scan of the missing mux frequency also fails to find anything.

Tobbe
03-07-17, 22:40
tested a bit more.

following images does NOT work:
openvix-5.0.020.release-vusolo4k_usb
openvix-4.2.030.release-vusolo4k_usb

following stock image work just fine:
vuplus-image-vusolo4k-20170630163639_usb

with stock image scanning finds all channels without any problems.
on openvix image 5.0 or 4.2 scanning behaves the same, it consistently skips the frequency with the hd channels even if i manually scan that frequency.
i have also double checked the settings between stock & openvix to make sure i tried the right ones.

one thing i also noted on the stock image is that on one of the problematic hd channels audio tends to drop out periodically.

abu baniaz
03-07-17, 22:47
Where are you located?

Note:
IIRC, there was a scanning issue that was fixed and will be in next Release image.

Tobbe
03-07-17, 23:07
sweden

i also noticed that the stock image have a much better hdmi-cec support than what i saw in openvix, was possible to setup so a/v receiver also was powered on/of with the vu+ box, never seen that kindof support before.

birdman
04-07-17, 01:20
i also noticed that the stock image have a much better hdmi-cec support than what i saw in openvix, was possible to setup so a/v receiver also was powered on/of with the vu+ box, never seen that kindof support before.Assuming that by "powered off" you mean "put into standby" then if you have an HDMI ARC receiver it works. (Well, it did for me until I put a second box on the HDMI bus, which insisted on doing something weird on the HDMI bus when in Deep Standby, but that was a hardware/firmware issue).

Tobbe
04-07-17, 06:40
regarding hdmi-cec, i have had same tv & receiver for several years, my old mbtwin box that broke and the opevix image on my new vu+ solo4k all behave same when it comes to hdmi-cec, same options and no way to specify a/v receiver and what to do with it.
on stock image hdmi-cec is a plugin with a lot more relevant options that actually work, i wish those where available in openvix

but back to my initial problem (the really annoying one), it looked like all dvb-t2 channels where missing during my scans with openvix on my vu+ solo4k so i'm guessing on a driver issue.
any idea when it might be fixed?
also i suspect this is a bug but have others also found this problem? note that 4.2 was just as broken as 5.0 when it comes to channel scanning so whatever the problem is it has likely existed for a long time.

Tobbe
04-07-17, 06:43
one more thing, before i got this new vu+ solo4k i was doing some reading, i dont know exactly where i found it or if it was for the vu+ or not but i read about a tuner module having some kind of dip switches that had to be correct for things to work properly and i think this depended on image used.
unfortunately i didn't save the link.

does this make any sense or did i just get it mixed up with another box?

birdman
04-07-17, 08:31
regarding hdmi-cec, i have had same tv & receiver for several years, my old mbtwin box that broke and the opevix image on my new vu+ solo4k all behave same when it comes to hdmi-cec, It worked fine with my MBTwin and an HDMI ARC speaker.

Tobbe
04-07-17, 19:14
Where are you located?

Note:
IIRC, there was a scanning issue that was fixed and will be in next Release image.

are you sure it was just a scanning issue?
i suspect it is more of a driver issue or something.

anyway, i was looking around the git repositories but i know too little of the code to be of any help, log did look interesting with a few commits related to problems with dvb-t2.
fyi the tuner module i have is named TT3L10

abu baniaz
04-07-17, 19:24
My mistake, the commit was on 6th of June. So it is in the release image. I have a Solo 4k also with the TTL310. It found DVB-T2 channels in the UK.

abu baniaz
04-07-17, 19:27
Is this a tuning or scanning issue?

To rule out tuning, use a lamedb file from the "working" image on the "non-working" image.
You can also try the terrestrial scan plugin.

Tobbe
04-07-17, 19:48
Is this a tuning or scanning issue?

To rule out tuning, use a lamedb file from the "working" image on the "non-working" image.
You can also try the terrestrial scan plugin.

i have already tried the terestrial scan plugin on openvix image, didnt help and it got exactly same problem.

but good suggestion to copy over the lamedb from stock working image to openvix.
i always backup the /etc/enigma2 folder so i can restore my favorite list after any upgrade.
i will give your suggestion a try and let you know the outcome.

Tobbe
04-07-17, 19:49
one more thing, stock image have a completely working samba that works with win10 but on openvix it didn't work at all with win10.
not sure why, ill backup some more config files and compare.

Tobbe
04-07-17, 20:12
looks like the problem is a scanning issue.
i copied over lamedb & userbouquet favorites and it works just fine.
tested several of the channels i never found before via a scan directly on openvix and they work just fine.

also, while testing this i have noticed it is quite easy to get enigma2 to crash and restart.
crashed once already and yesterday during my initial testing it crashed a lot, it felt like when it is slow to respond and you press buttons to quick it crashes.

abu baniaz
04-07-17, 20:41
Attach your working lamedb file here please.

What is your tuner configuration? Please do not confuse with what you tried. Post what you are using now.

Enable debug logs and restart.

Can you post a screenshot of your scan settings page.
Perform a scan and then attach debug log too.

Tobbe
04-07-17, 20:59
i have attached the working lamedb and a screenshot of how the first dvb-t2 tuner is currently setup, this was also the main config i used during my testing.
second dvb-t2 tuner is setup identically.
the two built in dvb-s2 tuners is set to not configured since i don't have satellite

where and how do i turn on debug logging?

Tobbe
04-07-17, 21:00
frequency starting with 650 is one of t2 frequencies that tend to get missed

abu baniaz
04-07-17, 21:06
Debug logging is enabled as follows:
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Enable debug logs = yes, and then GUI Restart.

abu baniaz
04-07-17, 21:15
Which part of Sweden are you in? We only have Gavle listed. Is there a website with cities and their frequencies?

Which of these frequencies are the T2 ones?

abu baniaz
04-07-17, 21:30
Place this in /etc/enigma2 and then restart the receiver.

Re-set the tuner configuration (both of them) to Sweden, Tobbe. Perform a complete scan and report back if it works.

Tobbe
04-07-17, 21:31
Debug logging is enabled as follows:
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Enable debug logs = yes, and then GUI Restart.
yes i found it, see attached log and i also included the resulting lamedb

as expected the scanning only found 32 channels which is a lot less than it should be.

Tobbe
04-07-17, 21:35
Which part of Sweden are you in? We only have Gavle listed. Is there a website with cities and their frequencies?

Which of these frequencies are the T2 ones?

i know 650 is t2 for sure, only ones found by a scan is 546, 570 and 522 so all other is likely t2

yes i know only Gävle is listed but normally the generic european or scandinavia frequency list works.
full frequency list for sweden terrestrial dvb can be found at:
https://www.teracom.se/privat/tv/frekvenstabeller-tv/
the one that's interesting for me is the table listed under "Sundsvall S Stadsberget"

Tobbe
04-07-17, 21:41
Place this in /etc/enigma2 and then restart the receiver.

Re-set the tuner configuration (both of them) to Sweden, Tobbe. Perform a complete scan and report back if it works.

i did as you suggested, still only 32 channels found and all hd channels is missing.
only difference how was that scanning was much quicker.

abu baniaz
04-07-17, 22:07
The frequencies listed for your area and the ones in your lamedb were different. Your lamedb file was missing 682000. You also had 570000 which is not listed for your area. Sorry to ask, are you sure you are pointing to the correct mast?

Are any splitters/filters possible issues?
Can the TV scan all channels?

abu baniaz
04-07-17, 22:17
Slightly off topic, if you get a moment and willing. Can you place the attached in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
Try autobouqetsmaker and see if it works. For provider, select Teracom test. There are several areas for you to try, these are just frequencies. Please try them one by one.

Tobbe
06-07-17, 20:29
The frequencies listed for your area and the ones in your lamedb were different. Your lamedb file was missing 682000. You also had 570000 which is not listed for your area. Sorry to ask, are you sure you are pointing to the correct mast?
yes, difference is because list i provided most likely is by transmitter, some overlap exists and most if not everyone get channels from more than one transmitter.
i suspect the few listed with many frequencies is the one that carries most channels, then the large group that only have one is the transmitters that send out the local variations of some channels

Are any splitters/filters possible issues?
Can the TV scan all channels?
no spliter or filter, if i had copying over the working files should not have worked.

tv can scan channels properly, my old mbtwin box could also scan (used egami image), my dvb-t2 card in one of my computers also work just fine.

abu baniaz
06-07-17, 20:34
I made the list using lamedb you provided. You said you had all the channels.

Tobbe
06-07-17, 23:11
Slightly off topic, if you get a moment and willing. Can you place the attached in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
Try autobouqetsmaker and see if it works. For provider, select Teracom test. There are several areas for you to try, these are just frequencies. Please try them one by one.

i was going to try this but now the whole menu system is bugged out.
i go into menu then setup i end up directly in what used to be the system settings so there is no way i can navigate any more to the menu item to start the scanning.
i'm not sure what has happened and this is after another reflashing and copying back my working files.

also i get odd errors and failed tuning on most channels, but a complete reboot makes the channel work again, navigating around makes it fail.

i have no idea whats going on...

and so far with this new box all i have had is problems, enigma2 crashes very easily, just pressing buttons a bit too quick during menu navigation and the initial first boot wizard is enough to trigger a enigma2 crash.

abu baniaz
07-07-17, 00:39
Service searching = Tuner Config

Logs is still in system.

Tobbe
07-07-17, 20:14
i didn't expect the menu system to change just because i re-flashed, must have gotten the 5.0.021 packages by accident during first time setup.

anyway, i have done a bunch more testing and something is definitely odd with the tuner.
using a clean flash of 5.0.020 image, everything at default, the two satellite tuners set to not configured (i don't have satellite, only dvb-t/t2)
with this setup and doing a full scan i only find 32 channels and no hd channels (=bad)
copying over my lamedb & favorites list gives me all channels
if i go to one of the hd channels then go into menu and to the signal finder it shows no signal on the channel i am tuned to that actually works.

so maybe there is a driver bug that makes signal show up as zero when it is not?

also note that repeatedly during my testing mainly with the new 5.0.021 image but sometimes in other cases the following sequence of events happen:

box boots and tunes to a channel, channel works
changing to other channels on same frequency works (most of the time)
changing to channel on different frequency fails
after this happens no channel work, fail with message about PAT not found or similar
restarting gui
last tuned channel work just fine (a channel that was black before gui restart)

anyway so far during my testing i have run into loads of problems some of them i will try to list below:

pressing buttons too quick causes gui to crash (has happened lots of times), annoying but i can live with this.
channel scanning fails to find any t2 channel, deal breaker and unless it can be solved i will have to either consider running stock image or get rid of this brand new box (maybe try to sell it)
samba doesn't work well with win10, works fine with stock vuplus image, fiddeling with "security = share" vs "security = user" and/or "encrypt passwords = yes" sometimes solve it but not always
lcd4linux multiple problems, setup menu is extremely odd, trying to any setting makes half of the menu disappear, removing it makes lcd not work forcing yet another re-flashing to get it working again (not going to touch lcd4linux again)

Tobbe
07-07-17, 20:16

i tried this, but same as before, no hd channels found.
to be honest i have never used the auto bouquet maker or any bouquet for that matter, i never understood the point of having bouquets

abu baniaz
08-07-17, 01:27
Are you going to attach a debug log? I would recommend using the terrestrial scanner plugin with debug logs enabled. If other receivers work with same image, then it could be a driver issue. Maybe logs will help the Driver developers identify issue. A log of factory image scanning succesfully will help in identifying any issues in image. However, you have yet to upload a lamedb file that contains all the channels.

As for other issues you mentioned, you should not be having reboots/crashes. As there are no crash logs, nobody else apart from you knows the cause, let alone solution.

The menu system was changed. It needed an overhaul. Some will like it, others will not. Learning curve for everyone.

Why are you using Linux4LCD? It is not required on Solo4k. Anyway, can we keep this thread for scanning issues only.

Tobbe
08-07-17, 06:51
Are you going to attach a debug log? I would recommend using the terrestrial scanner plugin with debug logs enabled.

i'm sure i attached a log of scanning too in an earlier post but i can redo that too if you want.

If other receivers work with same image, then it could be a driver issue. Maybe logs will help the Driver developers identify issue. A log of factory image scanning successfully will help in identifying any issues in image. However, you have yet to upload a lamedb file that contains all the channels.

yes i uploaded a working lamedb, see post number 16

i can install factory image again and redo a scan.
note that the whole scan process is different on that image, it is done in two stages, first there is an extra box that goes thru all frequencies quickly with a OK/FAIL indicator, then after comes the real scan similar to how openvix or other images shows the progress.

As for other issues you mentioned, you should not be having reboots/crashes. As there are no crash logs, nobody else apart from you knows the cause, let alone solution.

usually there is no crash logs

Tobbe
08-07-17, 09:54
here is some more logs from a few of my test runs

first we have the default stock image from vuplus
stock.zip file contains a number of different files that i thought might be useful
* debug.log
debug log from enigma2 was produced by running:
init 5 && sleep 15 & enigma2.sh >~/debug.log
if you look at this file you have several sections like this:
---
SCAN CMD : tt3l10_t2_scan --device 0 --freq 650000000 --bw 8000000 --bus 4 --ds 2
poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 31(16)
child has terminated
pipes closed
OK 650000000 8000000 2 1 1:1
---
this is from the early scan box that shows up only on stock image
near the end of the log you can see the part where it scans frequency 650 and finds the hd channels
scan appeared to first do dvb-t only, then pickup dvb-t2 frequencies at the end.
end result was 70 channels found

* tsmux
after some searching i saw discussions about /proc/stb/tsmux so i included output of this too
note that contents is different between stock & openvix

* lamedb
the working lamedb produced by a successful scan

i also saved a copy of /etc that i didnt include in zip file, so let me know if you want some other files.

next we have the openvix-5.0.21.zip file from openvix 5.0.21
same setup with the files i included
but this image version is more broken than 5.0.20 so contents here is probably not useful
channel scan ONLY works once during initial first time setup guide, any further attempt at doing a channel scan finds exactly zero channels and this image also have the bug i described earlier where channel tuning only works once after a gui restart and then breaks.
this is probably why scanning fails too.

and finally we have the zip file from openvix 5.0.20
a channel scan here finds 32 channels and no hd channels.
in file you have the debug log and lamedb of this scan including same files as in the other zip files
if i run the tt3l10 scan command that worked on stock image i get:
# tt3l10_t2_scan --device 0 --freq 650000000 --bw 8000000 --bus 4 --ds 2
FAILED 650000000 8000000 2

Tobbe
08-07-17, 09:56
and i forgot one thing, during above testing openvix enigma2 crashed but didn't produce any logs i could attach, all i get is the crash output on screen.

Huevos
10-07-17, 13:48
What are the FECs of the muxes you aren't receiving.

Tobbe
10-07-17, 20:26
after some more troubleshooting over the weekend i have found why it doesn't work.
problem is related to PLP ID.
if plp id is set to the default value of 000 no dvb-t2 channel is found, if it is set to 001 it works.
but problem is, when you do an auto scan you don't have the option of specifying plp so i have to do a manual scan, set the right channel number and change to dvb-t2 and set plp id to 001 then it gets a lock and the channels is found on that specific frequency.

i think this is not a new issue and other images have same problem.
question is, what to do about this, can auto scan be modified to allow plp to be set? or possibly modified somehow?
is it the drivers fault?
or can you specify plp in one of the xml frequency lists and use that instead when doing a scan?

Tobbe
10-07-17, 20:30
slightly off-topic for the tuning issue but i believe still relevant.
when testing this i get loads of enigma2 crashes, this makes openvix nearly useless and not very fun to use.
i have attached two of the crash logs, see below.

abu baniaz
10-07-17, 20:32
An automatic scan uses the values in the xml file. You can modify the xml file. An example of one section is below.

<terrestrial name="Russia, Elets: DVB-T/T2" flags="5" countrycode="RUS">
<transponder centre_frequency="762000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="2" system="1" plp_id="0"/>
<transponder centre_frequency="762000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="2" system="1" plp_id="1"/>
<transponder centre_frequency="762000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="2" system="1" plp_id="2"/>
</terrestrial>

Huevos
11-07-17, 01:29
Satfinder is fixed. Get the latest version from Github.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/e9d6e2350e4cc926efd943d03b4c98c05df56b58/lib/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Satfinder/plugin.py

usrzone
19-07-17, 17:28
VU+ Solo SE Dual Tuner.

The image does not recognise any channels when tuned from Tuner B. However the olde images work fine upto version 20. Newer versions where the menu order has changed have some issues with dual tuners I believe. Would appreciate a fix.

Huevos
19-07-17, 20:30
VU+ Solo SE Dual Tuner.

The image does not recognise any channels when tuned from Tuner B. However the olde images work fine upto version 20. Newer versions where the menu order has changed have some issues with dual tuners I believe. Would appreciate a fix.Please start your own thread.

Huevos
19-07-17, 20:31
This thread is solved. The user needed to select the PLP_ID that corresponded with his local transmitter ("1" in the case of Sweden).

head1st
26-08-18, 15:22
Hej,
I have a Mut@nt HD51 and is also a resident of Sweden. I have the exact same problem, with T2 channels not showing up when scanning. Only 30 dvb-t channels are found.
Unfortunately I'm not as Linux savvy as "Tobbe", "Huevos" or "abu baniaz".
It's not clear to me how to be able to modify the plp_id from 000->001.
Should I modify an xml file, if so where is it located?

Hälsningar
Robert