PDA

View Full Version : VIX 1.3 Issues & questions

spacemonkey
19-01-11, 20:20
Overall i'm very happy with 1.3 but a have a few small issues and questions

Delete Items
I record to a NFS share hosted on Linux box and it handle multiple records \ playback fine, but the functionallity of deleting a watch program seems broken. The first issue is that I can only delete one program then the delete function no longer works, with the option to delete missing but the red is still visable

The second issue is that the move a delete program to the delete item\.Trash does not work. It just deletes the program

Auto Timer \ Timer
When I setup a program to record on say thurday night @ 9PM. It records the same program e.g "Criminal Intent" on Monday - Sunday, is there a way to set a days of the week on the Autotimer

This there a way to increase the accuracy of the detection of the AutoTimer to search for addtional fields as some programs run back to back
20:00 - 21:00 "Criminal Intent" ** old Series etc
21:00 - 22:00 "Criminal Intent" ** NEW Series etc
22:00 - 23:00 "Criminal Intent" ** old Series etc

So a Autotimer set to record the 9 PM would record the other two programs as well. (default time setting). Which then cause multiple unwanted recordings through out the week. (I hope that makes sense)

The last thing the wife complains about is there is no warning of an other recording at the same time. Is the a way to check enable a warning while setting up the timer

Place Holder channels
Is there a way to mask\Hide "Place holder channels" in all the EPG's and still keep the sky numbers.

CrossEPG
Is there a way to enter channel numbers as an additional way to navigate

silverfox0786
20-01-11, 01:08
Deleted items
not to sure if that may be how your network drive works

auto timer
this works by looking through the epg so if a prog is on a mnday wednesday and friday then it will see that and record the and if on weekdays only it will see that and so on and so forth
there is no need for setting dates as its done automatically like series record when ever that may be
which then also means your gonna get multiples unless you set it to unque descriptions which then ooks at discriptions of whats on and then decides if its a duplicate

Place Holder
Placeholders are there in bouquets not the image itself and they are there to give the channel numbering a specific provider style i.e. sly uk and the doggy box layout
there is nothing available that can mask channels infact i dont think its possible in enigma to do it

CrossEPG
This has been mentioned as a possible inclusion as it seems a good idea depends on if our genious coder can do it

Stanman
21-01-11, 12:26
For the autotimer you can restrict it to specific time - i tend not to do this as when a new series starts I dont need to remember to redo the timer.
If you want to do it, its long green press than select the timer you want and press OK and than there is an option to record only during timespan. XXX

jgc115
21-01-11, 13:48
For the autotimer you can restrict it to specific time - i tend not to do this as when a new series starts I dont need to remember to redo the timer.
If you want to do it, its long green press than select the timer you want and press OK and than there is an option to record only during timespan. XXX

I find the Autotimer a bit frustrating - my issue is, after setting up my programs to record in Autotimer I save them and then they appear in the timer list - then I power down my Vu+ for the night and power up in the morning - I have a timed epg download and the programs record for that day - but the next day they will not record and the only way I found to overcome this is by going back in to Autotimer list and pressing the save button again without doing anything to the already existing Autotimer list. This action then re-populates the Timer list and it will then record the following day. I find if it's not in the timer list it wont record. I assumed the Autotimerl list and the timer list were two separate functions and I assumed the Autotimer was equivalent to the series link - Am I missing something, can someone please help? - Apologies for the long explanation. :confused:

guff daddy
21-01-11, 13:58
You are correct - if it isn't in the Timer list it won't record.

The Autotimer function scans the EPG based on the criteria you set (name of program, channel, time of program etc.) and if it finds an item which meets the criteria it sets a timer entry for that date/time/channel.

Most likely your Autotimer has this automatic scanning function disabled - in Autotimer you should press Menu, go to Setup and set "Poll Automatically" to yes. You can specify here to only poll while on standby, and (if not polling on standby only) set the poll interval.

jgc115
21-01-11, 16:57
You are correct - if it isn't in the Timer list it won't record.

The Autotimer function scans the EPG based on the criteria you set (name of program, channel, time of program etc.) and if it finds an item which meets the criteria it sets a timer entry for that date/time/channel.

Most likely your Autotimer has this automatic scanning function disabled - in Autotimer you should press Menu, go to Setup and set "Poll Automatically" to yes. You can specify here to only poll while on standby, and (if not polling on standby only) set the poll interval.

Thanks for the information - Yes, just checked the config and I had the poll enabled but only in standby. Of course, I wasn't putting it in standby so disabled and using time interval instead.
One other thing I noticed is, on one channel I had to change the epg encoding from UTF-8 to iso to get it to record? This surprised me!

Once again, thanks for all the help! :)

spacemonkey
07-02-11, 23:14
The AutoTime issue I was having is fixed by using the Filter option and then setting which days to record on

rruunneerr
08-02-11, 23:33
Really lik the image after switching to a Vu Duo. I have an issue when I enter cccam info screen and select config switch. As soon as I select a config I get a green error screen and the box restarts, everytime. Tried many skins and reinstalled image a few times.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Keepup the great work.

Kev