PDA

View Full Version : Which slot do I insert a genuine card?

PAUL7331
17-05-10, 20:40
Hi guys, im just setting this up but cant get my card to clear! Do I stick card in top or bottom slot? Im using ccam 2.14. Ive basically just copied my dm500s ccam config file but cant get the pay channels to clear. Also do I need to type anything else in the ccam config regarding the card? (Somebody said something about keeping card cool) ?????

PAUL7331
17-05-10, 20:47
Ignore this.. all sorted now!

BUT do I need to type something in ccam config to ensure the card is kept cool?

Sicilian
17-05-10, 20:49
Have a read here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?517-The-basics-to-cardsharing-with-your-CCcam-capable-satellite-receiver

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx

sci0 is for the upper card slot in the VU+ Duo, set to sci1 for lower card slot.

Next set the card frequency

SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000

again sci0 is for the upper card slot in the VU+ Duo, set to sci1 for lower card slot.

So you will end up with these two lines in your CCcam.cfg: -

The above is assuming you've got a white card.

PAUL7331
18-05-10, 09:37
Have a read here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?517-The-basics-to-cardsharing-with-your-CCcam-capable-satellite-receiver

sci0 is for the upper card slot in the VU+ Duo, set to sci1 for lower card slot.

Next set the card frequency

again sci0 is for the upper card slot in the VU+ Duo, set to sci1 for lower card slot.

So you will end up with these two lines in your CCcam.cfg: -

The above is assuming you've got a white card.

Thanks buddy, thats a great guide!

I managed to set her up last night using the same method as I did my old dreambox. White card is clearing all channels just fine and my ccam seems fine.

But I have not typed in the following in to my ccam- ''SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000''
Now does this NEED to be input in to my ccam otherwise it will fry my card? Is this crucial to have this typed in?

Sicilian
18-05-10, 10:02
But I have not typed in the following in to my ccam- ''SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000''
Now does this NEED to be input in to my ccam otherwise it will fry my card? Is this crucial to have this typed in?

Your choice there, I'm not sure what defualt speed CCcam would choose. Personally I'd add the line as a precaution. Although I'm sure it will be fine right upto 6000000.

PAUL7331
18-05-10, 10:34
Your choice there, I'm not sure what defualt speed CCcam would choose. Personally I'd add the line as a precaution. Although I'm sure it will be fine right upto 6000000.

Ok, I'll add the line then just in case! Im using ccam 2.14.. dunno if this makes a difference? I'll add the line anyway mate. I think im using the top section (not at home now) so I'll be sure to add sci0. Thanks

hashman
27-05-10, 07:58
hello all
i know this is some old news, but since the dreambox only emits 5v, is that the same for the VU+ ?
i.e since the sky white card runs at 3.3V, will the VU+ run it at 5v and heatup ?

Sicilian
27-05-10, 08:00
hello all
i know this is some old news, but since the dreambox only emits 5v, is that the same for the VU+ ?
i.e since the sky white card runs at 3.3V, will the VU+ run it at 5v and heatup ?

It will stay cooler in your VU+ Duo than is your Sly+ HD receiver ;)

canthackit
27-05-10, 11:55
i used to run my uk.card at 6.8 Mhz in a smargo, so thought i'd try it in the DUO, it runs perfectly ok no heat problems.

regards: canthackit

zappahey
27-05-10, 18:07
i.e since the sky white card runs at 3.3V,

Is this actually true? I know it was thought to be the cause of cards melting but I think it was shown not to be the case.