PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Sat & Cable EPG Help

crx
21-06-17, 11:06
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I have recently installed both cable and sat tuners and currently running dsayers custom mix abm which seems to be working very well but I'm having issues with my epg and some channels showing the wrong information or not recording auto timers or recording a blank screen. Is there a setup guide for running both epg's as I presume I've made a balls up trying to add both providers.

Many thanks for any help!!

abu baniaz
21-06-17, 15:02
If you post what you are doing now, we can suggest a different way.

crx
21-06-17, 16:10
Truthfully I cant remember how exactly I done it, but I do remember using rytec providers and cross epg and have highlighted both Sky and virgin!

abu baniaz
21-06-17, 16:23
Option 1:
Use two different processes, one for 28.2 one for DVB-C

For 28.2

Use CrossEPG Downloader for Sky 28.2 ONLY. Do not use internet download, use OpenTV EPG provider.

For Cable

Zap to PVR EPG/Virgin Preview channels daily for 2 minutes. You can automate the zapping using EPG refresh plugin.

See here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40457-Using-EPG-Refresh-plugin-to-obtain-the-epg-off-the-stream

Once again, two different processes.

Option 2:
Uninstall/Forget/Ignore CrossEPG Downloader
Use EPG importer for everything
Select following two:

Rytek UK XMLTV
Rytek Virgin UK XMLTV

Report any errors to Doglover on PLI forum and he will correct them

Shiroe
23-06-17, 15:29
Hi, I'm having similar issues, was wondering for Option 2 is this Rytec Virgin and Satman Sky?

abu baniaz
24-06-17, 01:01
Hi, I'm having similar issues, was wondering for Option 2 is this Rytec Virgin and Satman Sky?
I have reworded it to make it clearer

Select following two:

Rytek UK XMLTV
Rytek Virgin UK XMLTV

lincsat
24-06-17, 12:53
I use the EPG Refresh for VM and do occasionally see some errors, especially in the advance programming (over 24 Hours in advance), the 12 Hour EPG on each transponder is usually more accurate. I guess they do late changes to EPG data.

PhilipM3
26-06-17, 11:49
Option 1:
Use CrossEPG Downloader ONLY for Sky 28.2. Do not use internet download, use openTV provider.
Zap to PVR EPG/Virgin Preview channels daily for 2 minutes. You can automate the zapping using EPG refresh plugin.
See here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40457-Using-EPG-Refresh-plugin-to-obtain-the-epg-off-the-stream

Option 2:
Uninstall CrossEPG Downloader
Use EPG importer
Select following two:

Rytek UK XMLTV
Rytek Virgin UK XMLTV

Report any errors to Doglover on PLI forum and he will correct them

Why do you have to actually uninstall CrossEPG Downloader? Can you just not use it?

abu baniaz
26-06-17, 11:58
You can leave it installed. But some people will always go to it and still select it via the blue button.

crx
26-06-17, 21:37
Right guys bit of an update, still having problems the sky epg runs perfect but wont update the virgin channels except when I put it on for example sky 1 hd and run cross epg where the data will load fine?

abu baniaz
26-06-17, 23:24
You have not said what your EPG setup is properly. Looks like you have only setup the satellite EPG.

IAmATeaf
27-06-17, 09:48
I use option 1 that Abu has listed above and it works in the main really well except on a few occasions where epgrefresh gets its knickers in a twist but a restart of the box normally fixes this.

lincsat
27-06-17, 12:59
Right guys bit of an update, still having problems the sky epg runs perfect but wont update the virgin channels except when I put it on for example sky 1 hd and run cross epg where the data will load fine?

Try putting it on the VM preview or VM Movie preview channel for a couple of minutes and see what happens

abu baniaz
27-06-17, 13:38
Post 4 reworded to emphasise that two different processes are involved for option 1.

PhilipM3
28-06-17, 09:48
Post 4 reworded to emphasise that two different processes are involved for option 1.

I use a Mutant HD2400 with OpenVix 5.0.013.

I use Option 1.
For Sat I use CrossEPG Downloader for Sky 28.2 ONLY early every morning. It populates fine for 7days ahead.
For Cable I set a daily timer to Zap to PVR_EPG early every morning. I find it takes a lot more than a 2 mins to populate everything - more like 20mins or more.

BUT the Cable EPG only populates for 5 days ahead.

If I use Option 2 for Cable will it populate 7 days ahead?

Where do Rytek Virgin UK XMLTV get their EPG info from?

Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
28-06-17, 10:20
It is usually 5 days only for cable unlike the 7 days for Sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huevos
29-06-17, 08:25
You only need Cross (OpenTV) for Sky channels. All the other channels populate the EPG automatically just by tuning any Freesat transponder.