PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] EPG download crashes Vu+ via scheduled download

iwg
18-06-17, 16:22
Hi - ever since I upgraded to -014 my weekly 15:55 scheduled update of EPG crashes my Vu Solo2 - it immediately restarts and when I run manual load via Cross EPG in setup does work. I waited to -017 was released before logging. Apologies if anyone else has logged it but I couldn't find it - happy for team to redirect me if anyone else has reported it. The logs (which I will attach) suggest a corrupted EPG but I don't know what to delete to re-initialise it. Also have EPG Downloader but ins't that a separate tool? Thanks. PS - All else is stable on -017.54024

iwg
18-06-17, 16:24
I meant have EPG-Importer as well as Cross EPG

abu baniaz
18-06-17, 16:32
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52890-Remove-EPG

iwg
18-06-17, 16:54
Thanks Abu - have done that download, followed by EPG delte and re=scheduled my EPG download for 16:55 - will know in two minutes if it worked.

iwg
18-06-17, 16:59
Yes - Abu - it went straight thru the 16:55 EPG download without crashing and restarting. Team Air Emirates from NZ kept sailing straight thru the download. Thanks for your advice. I assume the other downloader EPG-Importer works separately as it is a different time.

abu baniaz
18-06-17, 18:02
Yes, is a different plugin.

Which satellites do you use on you receiver?

iwg
19-06-17, 17:30
Abu - thanks for advice. I think I may get away with just using EPG Importer and disable Cross EPG. When I looked just now, EPG had loads of gaps and I've just checked logs dir - have a crash from 15:55 today. So I'm guessing the downloaded data from EPG Importer (runs at 18:31) is not fully compat with what Cross EPG expects. Reason I have both is I started with Cross EPG for normal 28.2 and then added the second to experiment with IPTV. All my crashes are timed at 15:55 (except one when I changed the configured time to check it would crash).

iwg
20-06-17, 20:19
Strange observation - I hadn't got round to disabling Cross-EPG - mainly because I spent usual time online distracted doing the -018 update last night. And today I had no crash at 15:55 so maybe it's sorted - will postpone any action to Saturday when I'll be online at 15:55. -018 looking good so far. Thanks. PS Downloads not showing the -018 download yet in Image Manager Yellow. I went ahead with the online update and it worked OK.