PDA

View Full Version : DVB-C tuner

skippie
18-06-17, 10:38
Hi, i have a contract with Virgin Multimedia and got a Tivo box too.
My question is, if i order and install an extra DVB-C tuner module in the octagon, and connect the cable from Tivo in there, will i receive the channels from Virgin then ? Is it easy to install the extra DVB-C module ?

thnx.

Willo3092
18-06-17, 11:07
I bought this one:

OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver 2x Satellite DVB-S/S2/S2X + 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuners

I found that if I physically swapped the tuners over it became single sat and twin cable.
I can only assume that both tuner modules are twins but one of the sockets only supports a single tuner. Hope this makes sense?

skippie
18-06-17, 11:36
i've read that slot 1 is allowing twin tuner and slot 2 is single tuner

Sicilian
18-06-17, 11:44
Hi, i have a contract with Virgin Multimedia and got a Tivo box too.
My question is, if i order and install an extra DVB-C tuner module in the octagon, and connect the cable from Tivo in there, will i receive the channels from Virgin then ? Is it easy to install the extra DVB-C module ?

thnx.

You will only be able to view a few free to air channels.

skippie
18-06-17, 12:14
can't i see all the channels i am paying for? So what's the use of having a DVB-C tuner then ?

Sicilian
18-06-17, 12:21
can't i see all the channels i am paying for? So what's the use of having a DVB-C tuner then ?

Official VM subscription will only work in an official VM receiver.

Some of our European friends can use their subscription cards in 3rd party receivers.