PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] Move/Rename ABM Bouquets

IAmATeaf
17-06-17, 18:11
Is it possible to rename bouquets and move them around? Did a quick search but that didn't come up with anything.

I know I use DBE but obviously when the ABM scan runs the changes get reverted so was wondering if it's possible to do this as a permanent change?

abu baniaz
17-06-17, 20:16
If you want to perform a hostile takeover of ABM bouquets...

Stop E2 with init 4

rename all the bouquet files in /etc/enigma2/

Example:

from

userbouquet.abm.sat_282_sky_uk.main.tv
userbouquet.abm.favourites.main.radio

to

userbouquet.iamateaf.sat_282_sky_uk.main.tv
userbouquet.iamateaf.favourites.main.radio

Make corresponding changes to bouquets.tv and bouquets.radio files and then restart.

Next time ABM runs, it will create its own ones and won't touch the ones you "teafed".

All the bouquets file that begin "userbouquet.abm." are identified as ABM's. I suppose there can be a shell script with usage of sed command rename them.

abu baniaz
17-06-17, 20:19
Or use favourites.xml and ABM will make your bouquets as you want.

Willmoore
17-06-17, 20:37
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57037-ABM-and-E-channelizer

IAmATeaf
17-06-17, 20:49
Thanks the replies guys, I'm aware of the extra user based bouquets but was hoping there was maybe another way.

Abu, I'll take a look at favourites but would that not mean that it will just create a huge long list within the favourites bouquet.

Box is in use at the mo so can't have a play but when I get the chance I'll report back.

Another question, in some of the bouquets the hd channels are there as well as the sd, I thought if I had swap enabled that it would remove the ad channels?

abu baniaz
17-06-17, 20:59
The favourites.xml will have create the bouquets and services (from multiple ABM providers) that you want.

IAmATeaf
17-06-17, 22:22
Ah ok, I've done some more reading and I think I now understand, I'll have a play later on.

IAmATeaf
20-06-17, 20:35
I've been having a play with ABM and have initially tried a few things but am still looking at the best way to do things for me.

One strange thing I have noticed is that the example confit files the ABM generates when it does a scan has what look like unprintable characters against some of the channel descriptions. Also there are channels before 100 some of which look like valid virgin channels others look like padding.

So the question is, is the above normal and if I'm moving a channel with an unprintable character in the description, do I copy it as is or do I need to correct?

abu baniaz
21-06-17, 06:29
The names are not required in the favourites.xml file.