PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Auto Bouquet Maker - Please help

Adrian_london
17-06-17, 11:31
Hi all

I'm having problems and could do with some help

I have a VU+ Solo2 and I am running Image 5.0.016

I finally got around to updating my box to 5.0.016 and it's been so long since I had to update the ABM that I've forgotten how to do it. I've tried going through guides but to no avail. I am fairly certain that I have not used any Dreambox edit software to get the ABM working correctly.

At the moment when I'm watching TV and press the down arrow button I get the following picture.......

This has every channel from every satellite that I've scanned.

Before, when I used to click on the down button I would get a list of all of the Sky channels with the numbers next to them (eg 401 Sky Sports 1). As you can see, I'm not getting that anymore.

When I go online and go to Webif and click on Bouquets I get the following.......

I've no idea if this has anything to do with my box though.

All I want, is to get back to what I used to have. On the left hand side at the top would be 101 BBC 1 then underneath that 102 BBC 2 and so on.

All advice would be very gratefully received.

Adrian

Andy_Hazza
17-06-17, 11:53
How have you setup ABM? Use pictures if this helps. Show me your configuration screen, providers screen etc. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian_london
17-06-17, 14:56
This is what I've done so far and in the order on the screen

1) Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Auto Bouquets Maker, Configure

2) Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Auto Bouquets Maker, Providers

3) Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Auto Bouquets Maker, Providers Order

4) Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Auto Bouquets Maker, Start Scan

I hope this helps you with my problem. Any other pictures required, please let me know

abu baniaz
17-06-17, 15:27
Those pictures are really difficult to see. You should be saving the Webif screenshot picture, not the printscreen of your PC. Slight amendment to what you are doing needed. See here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files&p=342560&viewfull=1#post342560

Can you read this and attach the debug log please?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-Please-read-before-raising-ABM-support-questions

abu baniaz
17-06-17, 15:32
Your ABM might be correct. You are just in different viewing mode. Press the TV button and select your bouquet. Up/down will rotate within that bouquet.

If you want the long list of channels for each provider, there is an option for that in the providers menu. Generate main bouquet = yes (All channels)
There is no need for you to use Sky and Freesat.

Adrian_london
17-06-17, 15:41
This is what I've done so far and in the order on the screen

1) Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Auto Bouquets Maker, Configure

2) Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Auto Bouquets Maker, Providers

3) Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Auto Bouquets Maker, Providers Order

4) Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Auto Bouquets Maker, Start Scan

I hope this helps you with my problem. Any other pictures required, please let me know. Here is a Log (I hope this is what you meant)

Andy_Hazza
17-06-17, 15:48
What are your requirements? FreeSat only as Sky UK has pretty much gone tits up?

Adrian_london
17-06-17, 15:53
F**k me that was simple!!!!

Thank you very much for your help.

Andy_Hazza
17-06-17, 15:55
Just a note. When you altered any settings in ABM and you rescan your channels. When you exit back to your main tv, just a tap of the TV button (bottom left on the VU+ remote) refreshes your Bouquets. [emoji4]

Adrian_london
17-06-17, 15:59
Firstly, again, thank you very much for your help (and supplementary info).

Andy, you are indeed correct about Sky UK going tits up. I'm looking into IPTV. My question to you (and I'm sure this should be in another thread) are there any IPTV providers that I can actually record programmes using a timer.

I'm out a lot of the time and like to record stuff.

abu baniaz
17-06-17, 16:03
Some adjustments to consider

In ABM configure menu, change option to include not indexed channels.
In area, change to London Custom.

Adrian_london
17-06-17, 16:08
I've made the changes. I must admit, I don't know what effect the changes make but thank you.

abu baniaz
17-06-17, 16:16
It will remove channels that are not watchable, add a few from other areas.