PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] serviceapp plugin crash

warrenr2
15-06-17, 12:00
Hi, I tried the serviceapp plugin enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-serviceapp at 5.0.11 and the plugin failed to load properly at Menu/Plugins. I had to do an opkg update to download the plugin so I accept it may be caused by being out of sync repo wise. I was just wondering three things before I upgrade to 5.0.16:

1. Is anyone happily using the serviceapp and exteplayer3 for iptv streams at 5.0.16 ?

2. Have they found it has improved the overall experience of .ts iptv streams ?

3. Does anyone have a better experience using a plugin that can integrate into bouquets via a service ref ?

Currently using the default player in enigma2 the performance is much worse than playing the same stream on my laptop using vlc.

warrenr2
25-06-17, 09:02
Just thought I'd post an update here.

Upgraded to 5.020 yesterday and the enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-serviceapp works fine, I have now changed my default player for streams (#SERVICE 4097) to exteplayer3 Menu/Setup/System/Serviceapp.

I have a number of iptv streams arriving as .ts and exteplayer3 seems to handle these much better than the default gstplayer. I think this worth considering for people looking to integrate satellite and iptv into bouquets, I've only been using it 24 hours but it's noticeably better.