PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mini+] USB Flashing Alternative

kokojnr
13-06-17, 22:50
Trying to do a USB Flash and have used 3 USB sticks. Kingston 4GB and 8GB, Transcend 8GB

None of these is recognised by my receiver, even though I have used these before to store PICONS and EPG, being that USB flashing is a hit or miss action, is there any other alternative of doing a fresh clean install / flashing please?

abu baniaz
14-06-17, 00:18
Yes, look at following thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores

kokojnr
19-06-17, 21:35
Thanks @abu but when problem like this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56953-Cannot-Flash-with-USB-Stick)occurs, image manager wont be available, is there other alternative please?

abu baniaz
19-06-17, 22:18
There is a way to invoke ofgwrite (the program that flashes). You will have to use it and look at the debug log for the command to use at is slightly different for each receiver.

If in a bootloop, an option is to to look at crash log and fix the fault.

"init 4" will stop enigma2 from re/booting
Look for crash log in following location /home/root/logs/ and attach the log to forum.

You can also start E2 in console mode and see what the error is.
"init 4 && enigma2"

birdman
19-06-17, 23:43
Trying to do a USB Flash and have used 3 USB sticks. Kingston 4GB and 8GB, Transcend 8GB

None of these is recognised by my receiver....I've never understood this. A USB stick is just a device on the USB bus.

So, when you say, "None of these is recognised by my receiver" do you mean that when you put an image onto it it isn't recognized when you reboot the system, or that when you plug it into the running box it doesn't show up in the device manager?

Some systems will put a file-system onto the raw device, whereas others will first crate a partition table (which may be a DOS or GPT one) and then create a device on that and put the file-system there.

It's quite possible that the boot mechanism doesn't handle all of these (in particular a GPT partition table). A running Linux kernel will handle all of them.

So it's worth plugging the stick into a running system and checking what is there.

abu baniaz
20-06-17, 00:07
Flashing by USB does not work

kokojnr
20-06-17, 11:00
I've never understood this. A USB stick is just a device on the USB bus.

So, when you say, "None of these is recognised by my receiver" do you mean that when you put an image onto it it isn't recognized when you reboot the system, or that when you plug it into the running box it doesn't show up in the device manager?

Some systems will put a file-system onto the raw device, whereas others will first crate a partition table (which may be a DOS or GPT one) and then create a device on that and put the file-system there.

It's quite possible that the boot mechanism doesn't handle all of these (in particular a GPT partition table). A running Linux kernel will handle all of them.

So it's worth plugging the stick into a running system and checking what is there.
The receiver doesn't recognise the image on the USB when I reboot.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

twol
20-06-17, 11:14
The receiver doesn't recognise the image on the USB when I reboot.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Looking at a different post and your question about unzipping, I am assuming that you have unzipped the image and then copied the image folder to the USB?