PDA

View Full Version : Mutant HD 2400 not booting through

Nunhead_Man
13-06-17, 19:24
My Mutant HD 2400 is not booting through - it gets as far as driving the screen and showing the initial image with a spinning icon but goes not further

I'm running openvix-4.2.030.release-mutant2400_usb

Sugestions?

Andy_Hazza
13-06-17, 19:40
Try 5.0.016, that is the latest ViX image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nunhead_Man
14-06-17, 13:05
Thanks - will do and report back

Nunhead_Man
24-06-17, 14:34
OK - now flashed and seems OK

I had thought this was not going to be updated but very glad it is

Andy_Hazza
24-06-17, 14:45
Its a solid receiver and still being maintained via ViX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nunhead_Man
02-10-17, 14:06
Hi

As I see - now going to 5_0_027 - after box was not dispalying anything on the screen

Nunhead_Man
02-10-17, 14:39
And after reflashing it seems to be asking for an output (HDMI etc) when all that is plugged in is HDMI

Am I doing something wrong?

wullboy
02-10-17, 15:17
No, just go through the set-up procedure m8...???

Nunhead_Man
02-10-17, 16:52
No, just go through the set-up procedure m8...???

Errr - dificult if it is not on screen

Any hints?

And m8 = mate?

ccs
02-10-17, 16:56
Is hdmi input selected on the tv?

Nunhead_Man
02-10-17, 16:59
Is hdmi input selected on the tv?

Errr - it is certainly plugged into an HDMI port but this quite a new TV and oddly only shows adjustments for 2 of the three HDMI inputs- but both of those are showing HDMI in

wullboy
03-10-17, 07:54
Err..try changing the cable then m8 [ faulty lead ] it is possible ???

Nunhead_Man
03-10-17, 09:15
Err..try changing the cable then m8 [ faulty lead ] it is possible ???

Thanks but I have changed to known working cable.

I get a screen on the Mutant display (not the TV screen ) saying "choose output" e.g. HDMI - but cannot select it with any of the buttons on the HD2400.

ccs
03-10-17, 09:37
Thanks but I have changed to known working cable.

I get a screen on the Mutant display (not the TV screen ) saying "choose output" e.g. HDMI - but cannot select it with any of the buttons on the HD2400.
The OK button on the remote is the one to use, however, the tv screen should be showing the setup dialogue.

ronand
03-10-17, 10:23
Make sure when changing cables to have everything physically powered off - its easy to damage a hdmi socket. Also use a different socket on the TV

Nunhead_Man
04-10-17, 13:17
The OK button on the remote is the one to use, however, the tv screen should be showing the setup dialogue.

The TV screen is showing now't

Nunhead_Man
04-10-17, 13:19
Make sure when changing cables to have everything physically powered off - its easy to damage a hdmi socket. Also use a different socket on the TV

Yes and I have - the TV has three hdmi sockets - and all work with something else but not the Mutant

Nunhead_Man
04-10-17, 13:21

Does the OK buton work when the main TV screen is not showing?

Is there something wrong with this distro in that it does not recognise the connected screen?

wullboy
04-10-17, 13:24
Try a recharge of the remote m8 ???

Nunhead_Man
04-10-17, 13:27
The remote gives a green light when plugged into USB - is that correct?

abu baniaz
04-10-17, 14:00
Going to try reading mind here.. . .

The front display is showing display output options. There is nothing on the TV screen. You can access the receiver by webif. Component/Composite output works.

HDMI chip not working.

ccs
04-10-17, 16:36
Is there something wrong with this distro in that it does not recognise the connected screen?

You had a problem before you tried to reflash the box......

As I see - now going to 5_0_027 - after box was not dispalying anything on the screen

Nunhead_Man
04-10-17, 20:41
Going to try reading mind here.. . .

The front display is showing display output options. There is nothing on the TV screen. You can access the receiver by webif. Component/Composite output works.

HDMI chip not working.

Thank you

Err - what is webif?

and HDMI chip where - in the Mutant?

abu baniaz
04-10-17, 23:35
OpenWebif is accessed by inputting the IP address of receiver in your web browser.

HDMI chip is on circuit board of receiver. If you have tried different leads, different HDMI ports of TV, different TVs, then more than likely the chip has been damaged. Hence the advice above about shutting down everything when connecting the HDMI cable.

Nunhead_Man
06-10-17, 17:21
OpenWebif is accessed by inputting the IP address of receiver in your web browser.

Ah! [pokes around in DHCP] nothing named in DHCP as "Mutant - no idea what IP it is on.

HDMI chip is on circuit board of receiver. If you have tried different leads, different HDMI ports of TV, different TVs, then more than likely the chip has been damaged. Hence the advice above about shutting down everything when connecting the HDMI cable.

Only different leads in the same port of the 2400, diferent ports on the TV, 2400 turned off each time - so I may have blown it but not this way

Nunhead_Man
06-10-17, 17:41
Ah! [pokes around in DHCP] nothing named in DHCP as "Mutant - no idea what IP it is on.

Only different leads in the same port of the 2400, diferent ports on the TV, 2400 turned off each time - so I may have blown it but not this way

Oho!

That gave me an idea - someone here had put the cable to the screen in HDMI "in" - qualifies for idiot of the year here

Sorry for all the trouble

ronand
06-10-17, 18:42
And you already claimed you tried different hdmi sockets??