PDA

View Full Version : Problems flashing Solo SE V2

Mikinam
12-06-17, 18:42
Hi I have a new Solo SE V2 for cable and have been trying all weekend to add Vix as the image

I have tried various versions
on numerous USBs
each with the correct procedure... power down add USB with files added to the root folder power up

Never a single change to the LED on the front and obviously to the image within.

The box info shows 'image: Experimental 2016-03-23 and
'Version: 2015-04-22-vuplus_experimental_factory

Any advice would be appreciated

ronand
12-06-17, 18:50
The files are not added to the root folder of the usb - you must put the vuplus folder (including its contents) in the root folder. If thats what you have been doing then try reformatting the stick with the HP format tool.

Mikinam
12-06-17, 20:46
Thanks but I have tried it all ways.

Most downloads appear through 2 folders i.e vuplus as the root and then solose which holds the files. I assume it is just the solose folder that is copied onto the stick. I reformatted to FAT32 last night with additional software but no different. I have an 8gb Cruzer on it's way and we will see if that helps... I've been using the only one I have available which is 32gb

Bangord30
12-06-17, 20:50
No it's the whole folder that is unzipped on your desktop

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

cactikid
12-06-17, 23:29
one thing we all have found with these boxes you need a good usb kingston,cruzer or integral 8gb in size and worth noting by tuts how box is flashed,is this not a vu solo thread? as things may differ in models.:D

Larry-G
12-06-17, 23:48
one thing we all have found with these boxes you need a good usb kingston,cruzer or integral 8gb in size and worth noting by tuts how box is flashed,is this not a vu solo thread? as things may differ in models.:D

Thats a load of ******** mate, I have flashed 9 different E2 boxes several thousand times with all kinds of USB sticks and SD cards etc, with no issues wha so ever. They used to be picky in the very early days of using the USB flash method but there not now. The only issue I have ever had was with a genuine Kingston stick that became corrupted and ultimately killed by a swap file that went bad during testing.

abu baniaz
13-06-17, 00:22
Your previous posts were in a thread about a different receiver. You will find the flashing guide for the Solo SE V1 and V2 on link below. Double check you have not missed/misunderstood a step.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/VU+%20USB%20Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20Vu+%20Solo%20SE.pdf

The USB flashing guides for all receivers are here

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/

Mikinam
13-06-17, 10:16
Apart from the clean pair of underpants, all steps have been followed several times. Additionally, I have this morning found out that the satellite version I ordered in error, and then sold on, is also faulty. Can anyone suggest a reliable receiver for less than 250?

Andy_Hazza
13-06-17, 10:19
A Mut@nt HD51 maybe worth looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wullboy
13-06-17, 10:22
Apart from the clean pair of underpants, all steps have been followed several times. Additionally, I have this morning found out that the satellite version I ordered in error, and then sold on, is also faulty. Can anyone suggest a reliable receiver for less than 250?

Yes....http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56327-Mut-nt-2400HD-twin-sat-cable-tuners.....

Mikinam
17-06-17, 17:28
Finally up and running... so thanks everyone for your input! For information, It was a new cruzer 8gb and formatted with the HP tool (takes ages but seemed to help) that finally flashed Openvix. Get some whilst you can before the smaller sticks become obsolete!! :D

Mikinam
01-07-17, 22:42
I used the same memory stick to store the EPG and it has been corrupted. This is the 3rd stick that this has happened to and it's now getting a bit expensive. Is this normal?

Andy_Hazza
01-07-17, 22:45
Do you have an external "powered" usb HDD you can use?

Mikinam
01-07-17, 23:43
No, but I'll get one if needed. I'm more concerned with why they are corrupting. Each time I have to flash I will lose a stick!

Andy_Hazza
02-07-17, 08:09
I've never encountered such issues. When you are formatting them to fat32 on your computer, you are removing the device correctly yeah?

garryboy
02-07-17, 11:00
Coincidentally my mates duo destroyed is 8gb cruzer stick that was supplied by WOS so definitely genuine stick.

Tried every means of resurrection. It's just says it's write protected. Can't format it on the box either.

Mikinam
02-07-17, 11:40
Yes... Is an external HDD also likely to corrupt?

Andy_Hazza
02-07-17, 12:20
Coincidentally my mates duo destroyed is 8gb cruzer stick that was supplied by WOS so definitely genuine stick.

Tried every means of resurrection. It's just says it's write protected. Can't format it on the box either.

Write protected is different to corrupted.

ccs
02-07-17, 12:23
Google seems to suggest that it is easy to remove write protection.

What have you tried?

garryboy
02-07-17, 12:31
Write protected is different to corrupted.

Well it's completely useless Andy.

The box has corrupted the USB stick in some sort fashion. It's never been in any other device apart from the duo.

It suddenly stopped being recognized by the box and the EPG would not download to the Stick and resorted to being saved to the Flash which then filled the flash and the box became unresponsive.

I tried to re initialize the USB stick via the box. Didn't even recognize it.
I then tried Linux pc didn't recognize the stick either so couldn't format it.

The only success In recognizing the stick was via my windows laptop.

It wouldn't format and kept saying disk is write protected. I tried various Cmd prompts to remove write protect the disk. Also tried HP format tool but that failed to format the drive.

In the end the he bought another one.

Andy_Hazza
02-07-17, 12:37
My Apple iMac can sort write protected usb flash drives out but my Windows based computer can't. Weird.

garryboy
02-07-17, 12:57
Think he binned it in the end Andy. Il remember that for the future.

cactikid
02-07-17, 21:11
i hate to state that i see many members still having issues flashing boxes with different usb sticks on many forums even with your favourite not supported,not setting up usb correctly and not reading flashing guides will hinder progress.