PDA

View Full Version : Moving from DE Blackhole to Vix 1.3 at last

Logicearl
19-01-11, 11:05
After using the DE image now for so long, without too many issues, I now find I need to install mgcamd, which isn't available to install for obvious reasons.

So I've come to the conclusion that I need to move on, where images are concerned. And as most use the Vix image, it seems I might as well too.

Now my main concern is what I need to do to make the transition as painless as possible, so any tips on what I need to do would be welcome.

I have a good copy of my DBE channel list which I upload when needed, and a copy of my Cccam.cfg file, but is there anything else I need to save/copy beforehand?

cro69
19-01-11, 13:10
oscam files would be another 1 to keep if your useing it xml.satellite file too!!!!

sonc
19-01-11, 13:58
And as most use the Vix image, it seems I might as well too.

I'm not sure that is strictly true - but probably correct on this forum :D

I would suggest taking an image backup first in case you want to return to DE.

But there are newer BlackHole images these days, and changing image is not as daunting as it might appear, so going back is probably not a plan.

Logicearl
19-01-11, 16:56
I've not a problem flashing to a newer image, just need to workout what I need to backup. As I understand it, once reflashed I'll need to go through the process of setting up the dual tuners again. Then telnet into the box to change password etc. Then upload my sat list, using catseye Enigma2 settings file 75East 58west.

Am I right in thinking I can get mgcamd installed via plugins?

snakie
19-01-11, 21:21
I can bet you'll come back to BH again.I had same problems.
Image is very delicate(like woman)-not straight forward.Then you have to be patient and learn how to handle it .It is best image(I believe).

serge
20-01-11, 13:42
Stay with a new BH image must more stable and less problematic than VIX

MalteseMick
20-01-11, 13:49
I've never tried BH on my VU+, but I opted for Open PLi on my DM800 clone after having numerous issues with BH.

What specific advantages does BH have over Vix then, have they modified and integrated the various plugins such as autotimer, quickzap, cool epg as well as VIX?

Sicilian
20-01-11, 13:56
Stay with a new BH image must more stable and less problematic than VIX

Hows that then? If you faced any problems/issues post them so we can look at fixing them :)

Stanman
21-01-11, 12:12
Also dont forget to export your autotimers and timers, makes live so much easier when reimaging along with CFG file.