PDA

View Full Version : mvk files not playing on media player !

BRAVEHEART
19-01-11, 05:51
I Can get xvid and avi to work on my vu+duo off the usb stick (even though they are not the correct size for the screen) but not mkv movies (blue ray) , they dont work, just get black screen, why not working ?? its meant to be able to according to some folk on here.

then after i try that i move on to stage two what ever that is, LOL.

p.s
does it matter what usb port you use, ive been using the front port. ?

stanley1
19-01-11, 10:39
ftp your file to media/hdd/movie and play from there.

pooface
19-01-11, 11:26
Friendly reminder ... this forum does not support downloading of copyrighted material... Please do not post or pm links to copyrighted material.

Braveheart, please do not ask for files here ;) There's plenty of other places to ask for that.

Might well be a problem with it not being able to read the file fast enough...

Please keep on track to discussion why mkvs might not be working, and how braveheart might be able to solve his problem

deckymckeown
19-01-11, 14:46
Braveheart i had same problem, but i now use mkv2vob (free software) on my laptop to convert them to AVCHD format, with no loss to quality. All a pretty quick process, then i just transfer them to the hard drive and they work flawlessly

pooface
19-01-11, 20:10
Another quick question ... have you tried using the mkvs within the recordings button (between menu and audio iirc). Easiest if it's copied over to the /media/hdd/movie... Have played many an hour of mkv there, all working perfectly...

stanley1
19-01-11, 20:22
maybe your file is corrupt, been playing mkv files flawlessly with excellent pq on vix 1.3 from hd.

Larry-G
19-01-11, 20:24
the easiest way to check a .mkv legally is to make one of your own from a movie you know works, ie from a dvd.

BRAVEHEART
20-01-11, 17:15
Another quick question ... have you tried using the mkvs within the recordings button (between menu and audio iirc). Easiest if it's copied over to the /media/hdd/movie... Have played many an hour of mkv there, all working perfectly...

dont have a hard drive in it mate, my idea was to use the hard drive from my sky + box but the stupid thing is IDE :( in the sky box :( and i belive i need a sata one, so thats that. lol

anyway, the good news is that i got the mkv movies and the rest xvid/avi etc all working perfect on my new sumvision box after a firmware upgrade, what a box that is for £109, so simple to use to when some actually tells you like the guy from the shop, piss easy now, exellent box, has a 500GB hard drive too, so all i need to do now is get a cheap compatible sata hard drive for the vu duo and thats me all sorted :)

but its a pity the same mkv file on the same usb stick doesnt play from the vu+duo :(, disappointed a wee bit, but what can i do, i hope the guys that do the images make the media player work better next release then i will be spoiled for choice, lol, it plays fine on the pc, and the sumvision box, so one would assume it would play from the stick in the front port of the duo, not unless mkv's dont play off sticks with the duo, maybe they need to be recorded onto its hard disk first, i doubt it though, if it plays on the pc and the sumvsion then it should play on the duo to i guess ?

Larry-G
20-01-11, 17:17
have a look in the bargain section. theres always deals on HDD's posted in there.

BRAVEHEART
20-01-11, 17:20
have a look in the bargain section. theres always deals on HDD's posted in there.

will do mate, thanks, skint the now so the sumvision box will have to do for now, but i will get a small sata for the duo at some point, when i say small i mean approx 500GB, summit like that, can only watch one movie at a time, lol.