PDA

View Full Version : Juddering gigablue hd quad plus or new samsung 4k tv

watling85
10-06-17, 07:56
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for Taking the time to read this and hopefully be able to help.

I have had the hd quad plus box, never had any bother with it connected to my samsung hd av reciever to my samsung plasma tv. Decided to be clever and get a UE55KU6000 samsung 4k tv.

Problems straight away watching sports/fast moving content through gigablue box is constant juddering. T.v works fine on usb input and Xbox one going through a.c. receiver so could it just be that the t.v is struggling upscaling the gigablue hd box cos it's 4k? So quality difference is noticeable compared to my plasma that I never had any problems with?

Just before I return my t.v would like a little advice on box if possible.

I've also seen gigablue are bringing out a 4k box very soon so would it be advisable to purchase this and keep t.v?

I'm also away I will need a 4k a.v. receiver, wish I'd never started this 4k carry in now haha

Thanks in advance

BubbleBalls
10-06-17, 08:53
Hi. I have A Quad connected to a KS8000 Samsung 4K with no issues at all. My Quad is fixed at 50hz in AV settings.
On the TV I use no "Special Viewing Mode" and "Auto motion plus" is off. "Digital clean view" is on. Are you using Sat, Cable or streaming? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170610/6008b49a4ab7e5c8f975cb25754e5a4a.jpg

Andy_Hazza
10-06-17, 11:28
I use "Multi" setting for my refresh rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
10-06-17, 11:36
On most TV's the best advice is to look at all the picture " special assists" and turn them off. Most are just marketing gimmicks that provide no improvement whatsoever.
If you look at the settings for a THX certified display, you will find all these gimmicks are turned off.

BubbleBalls
10-06-17, 12:02
I use "Multi" setting for my refresh rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There have been drivers issue on refresh rates with GB so it's been best to stick with 50.

watling85
10-06-17, 15:25
Hi thanks for reply, i'm using cable but it's the same with Sat. Have changed to 50hz and seems much better Thanks! Not choppy anymore :-D I had it set to multi. Much appreciated for everyones help.

Think I could be cheeky and ask if there's any specific sound settings for the gigablue box to suite my sound set up? Box his through 5.1 surround spund av receiver then that to t.v.

Love this forum, thanks again!!!

BubbleBalls
13-06-17, 00:02
I have surround also and as in the picture down mixing is disabled. All other tweaks are done through my amp.

Hi thanks for reply, i'm using cable but it's the same with Sat. Have changed to 50hz and seems much better Thanks! Not choppy anymore :-D I had it set to multi. Much appreciated for everyones help.

Think I could be cheeky and ask if there's any specific sound settings for the gigablue box to suite my sound set up? Box his through 5.1 surround spund av receiver then that to t.v.

Love this forum, thanks again!!!

cummo09
16-06-17, 23:39
Hi I need some help with the m8s+ display. I have zoom out to 80% but still can't get it back to the way it was I can't lower icons I can't search in play store or other app stores apk .. I've factory reset thinking that might help I'm really lost here I've it was the old m8 it be easy to fix .. but the 5.1 lollipop I think is not much help ..

Any ideas I can't watch movies cause I'm missing about a inch at the top . I tried my tv picture an it's not that I tried HD cable it ant that either . The most be away of fixing this display issue. . Thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong spot .. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170616/70040b267f56ae05152acd6abee7b6e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500M using Tapatalk

cummo09
17-06-17, 00:03
It was my stupid tv I think ehhhhh deleted my setup 14:9 ????? sorry

Sent from my SM-A500M using Tapatalk

Joe_90
17-06-17, 00:52
I think you're posting in the wrong thread - GB Quad doesn't run android :D