PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Two issues (Wifi dongle and Shortcut to media/recordings)

JOHNSTON
09-06-17, 21:02

Hi Team

I have two issues I am struggling to resolve.

1. I have a VU wifi dongle however when I plug the dongle into the back USB slots it shows as disconnected. If I plug it into the front slot it works. I cannot figure out why it wont work in the back slots. Sometimes it shows as green (connected) in the back slots before going back to red (disconnected). Perhaps the signal is poor and that is why as I can use openwebif.

2. When I open up the recordings menu I can use yellow to change location (to say a pen drive). I am not sure how I can configure the shortcuts in here. I somehow managed to lose the shortcut I had and now I have to always navigate through some folders to get to the media.

cactikid
09-06-17, 21:15
i have never used a wifi one but does it need setting up in network first or is box in a corner and cant get a signal? tried a usb extension to bring it forward and to get a better signal? my usb for epg are on top of box as its easier to get at.

if you had other boxes on network and running nfs and hdd and mounted you could change location to view recordings on other box via yellow button.
any usb or hdd needs to be ext3-ext4 to record to.
on remote there is a list button that brings up your files that you recorded.

abu baniaz
09-06-17, 21:53
For shortcuts, you have to change to file list mode. Press menu when you have list of locations. YOu create teh bookmark. After the bookmark is created, you can then select it.