PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Solo2 Tuners Failed

Jamieb11
07-06-17, 23:16
Please help!!

My Vu+ Solo2 has been sat in a cupboard for 6 months while I went back to S*y. I have today ditched S*y again and tried to go back to my Solo2. However it cannot find any channels, so I refreshed with latest Openvix image, and now the tuners cannot find anything.

I have tried to configure the tuners, but am getting a Failed message as it goes through the different satellite options, and then getting "nothing connected" on each tuner.

I have tried swopping over the lines in with no success. I know they work as I have literally just taken them out of the S*y Q box and plugged them straight in to the Solo2.

If anyone has any ideas the I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance
J

abu baniaz
08-06-17, 00:07
The Sky Q uses a wideband LNB. Enigma2 receivers don't work with wideband LNBs yet.

Jamieb11
09-06-17, 17:43
Thanks for getting back to me. I don't understand though as these are the same LNBs that I had when it was just bog standard Sky HD and the box worked back then.

abu baniaz
09-06-17, 18:21
A bog standard Sky receiver won't work with a Wideband LNB.

Huevos
09-06-17, 19:55
I don't understand though as these are the same LNBs that I had when it was just bog standard Sky HD and the box worked back then.Sky Q does not work with a standard universal LNB. I requires a special LNB that does work with any other type of satellite receiver. So the LNB MUST have been changed at the time of the Sky Q install.

Jamieb11
14-06-17, 20:30
Thank you, I wasn't here when it was fitted so I wasn't aware that they had replaced the LNB.

Is it quite simple to swap them out?

abu baniaz
14-06-17, 20:33
Is it quite simple to swap them out?
Yes. Lots of videos on Youtube on swapping LNB.