PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-UK XMLTV] Incorrect EPG on channel Sony TV (shows EPG for TruTV) - Rytec Virgin UK

zino
07-06-17, 22:32
How do I go about the guys behind Rytec fixing this? I have family members who record from this channel in the International bouquet.
Channel number 805 Sony TV (Asia) shows EPG for TruTV (ch 212) instead.

(In regards to the thread prefix, there isn't a Rytec Virgin UK prefix so I have picked the closest one from prefix.)

abu baniaz
08-06-17, 00:02
Best to post on PLI forum. There is an existing thread for Virgin. However, someone already reported it and it should be fixed tomorrow.

He needs to be told service name, service reference and what issue is.

As examples,
Sony Channel, service reference xxxxx is showing wrong EPG. It is showing the EPG of Sony TV.
Y channel, service reference zzzzz has no EPG.

zino
14-06-17, 23:10
Best to post on PLI forum. There is an existing thread for Virgin. However, someone already reported it and it should be fixed tomorrow.

He needs to be told service name, service reference and what issue is.

As examples,
Sony Channel, service reference xxxxx is showing wrong EPG. It is showing the EPG of Sony TV.
Y channel, service reference zzzzz has no EPG.

Dont know who this "he" is. I just posted here as it is my preferred forum and this seemed to be the right section.
Do you mean there is already a thread here regarding this issue?
As I said, there was no Virgin prefix.

As you have pointed out someone has reported it to the proper people so I suppose all should be well.
Could you point me towards where one reports it? This pli forum.

abu baniaz
15-06-17, 00:27
Dont know who this "he" is.
he = Doglover. Person who does most of the work for all this online Rytec EPG data.

Do you mean there is already a thread here regarding this issue?

Somebody already reported it in the existing EPG thread/s on PLI forum.

As I said, there was no Virgin prefix.

Speak To PLi about their forum. But the thread title is clear enough for me.

As you have pointed out someone has reported it to the proper people so I suppose all should be well.

It has been several days, there is no need for any suppositions.

Could you point me towards where one reports it? This pli forum.

The dedicated Virgin EPG thread for Rytec is

https://forums.openpli.org/topic/45184-virgin-ukireland

Be sure to read the readme files there.

People sometimes have issues using both CrossEPG downloader and EPG importer. If it affects you, abandon CrossEPG.

imish
20-09-17, 10:03
did you get this resolved as we have experienced similar issues with this channel.

abu baniaz
20-09-17, 13:07
Please report Virgin Rytec EPG issues at PLI forum. It is pointless posting here at WOS.
They hate CrossEPG with a vengeance, so best to use EPG importer if you want to get EPG data from the internet.

https://forums.openpli.org/topic/45184-virgin-ukireland/

Your post must include:

name of channel
service reference of channel
nature of problem

You can obtain the service reference from Web interface.
Select/zap to a channel on receiver.
Log onto Webif using PC,
Click on "Current".
You can highlight the service reference and copy it, so that you can then paste into your post.

abu baniaz
20-09-17, 13:18
The problem with the "Sony ....." channels is people mix up the Movie and Asian channels.

Just like Disney HD and Disney XD.