PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo IPTV - epg and recording queries.

RS2k
06-06-17, 20:20
I've so far manged to get the XtreamTV plugin/addon(?) installed on the main menu. It works fine. IPTV and VOD both work well. Picture quality is excellent.

I'm struggling with the limited epg however and cannot record so far. I'm hoping the solution is easy but I need some advice since I'm keen not to mess up my box.

I opted for the optional xc enigma2 plugin from my IPTV provider.

There's an epg importer on the plugins menu (wasn't there before so I'm assuming it was part of the download). Included in that (blue button for sources) is various Rytec xmltv options including Rytec UK xmltv.

I'm wondering should I tick that, save and reboot and if so what'll happen?

Any advice is welcome.

p.s. Image is vix 5.0.016

RS2k
07-06-17, 09:34
Is it my aftershave or what? :confused:

roybach
07-06-17, 12:34
Is it my aftershave or what? :confused:

Ummm!, advise that you ask your IPTV provider, I can't smell a thing:eek: . Judging by how many times on Sat forums that the very same question is raised, by IPTV users I would hazard a guess that the epg that you are getting is the norm.
The Rytek XML that you are referring to is for Satellite channels direct from a Satellite . Streaming = you get what is sent .

Willmoore
07-06-17, 15:34
I don't think it's your aftershave (although it can not be ruled out at this stage) I think it's more that MOST people are just getting to grips with IPTV and there are a number of different ways of it being delivered. I have it running on my Mutant HD51 - altered the boquets with e-channelizer ran ABM/cross epg and everything for UK is populated correctly in the epg. In fact i would go as far to say it's almost perfect :p

krisw6
11-06-17, 23:44
I don't think it's your aftershave (although it can not be ruled out at this stage) I think it's more that MOST people are just getting to grips with IPTV and there are a number of different ways of it being delivered. I have it running on my Mutant HD51 - altered the boquets with e-channelizer ran ABM/cross epg and everything for UK is populated correctly in the epg. In fact i would go as far to say it's almost perfect :p

Wouldn't want to post a guide would you :)

harryajh
21-06-17, 20:12
I've so far manged to get the XtreamTV plugin/addon(?) installed on the main menu. It works fine. IPTV and VOD both work well. Picture quality is excellent.

I'm struggling with the limited epg however and cannot record so far. I'm hoping the solution is easy but I need some advice since I'm keen not to mess up my box.

I opted for the optional xc enigma2 plugin from my IPTV provider.

There's an epg importer on the plugins menu (wasn't there before so I'm assuming it was part of the download). Included in that (blue button for sources) is various Rytec xmltv options including Rytec UK xmltv.

I'm wondering should I tick that, save and reboot and if so what'll happen?

Any advice is welcome.

p.s. Image is vix 5.0.016

Hi, just wondered if you tried this? - I'm in a similar position, got an EPG URL from my provider, haven't got the faintest idea how to us it though on my Vu+ Duo2 box running Vix 5.0.18 - do you know if there's somewhere where I enter it in or do I need to use the Rytec providers?

this is so confusing, thanks for any help in advance!

RS2k
21-06-17, 21:44
Didn't risk it harryajh!

harryajh
22-06-17, 08:34
Didn't risk it harryajh!

crikey, glad I asked 1st then, got the xcplugin installed and works ok (albeit it very clunky), thought this might allow me to record/pause etc...

is there any other way to get my providers EPG Url installed on my configuration so that I can do things like these do you you know?

Andy_Hazza
22-06-17, 08:46
crikey, glad I asked 1st then, got the xcplugin installed and works ok (albeit it very clunky), thought this might allow me to record/pause etc...

is there any other way to get my providers EPG Url installed on my configuration so that I can do things like these do you you know?

The XC Plugin is very basic. My advice to you is create your own channel list from the providers m3u file. Tidy it up, create sections & link the service refs to each channel. That way you will have a nice looking Bouquet listing with working 7 day epg. But its not a five minute job, but worth it. Also note the recording aspect is purely down to your provider too, so may be hit n miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1554leslie
22-06-17, 19:36
The XC Plugin is very basic. My advice to you is create your own channel list from the providers m3u file. Tidy it up, create sections & link the service refs to each channel. That way you will have a nice looking Bouquet listing with working 7 day epg. But its not a five minute job, but worth it. Also note the recording aspect is purely down to your provider too, so may be hit n miss.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhats the best program to cross reference the channels on andy,Is king of sats the best place to get the ref codes from,Will this system work with usa and other non uk channels if you get the proper refs

Andy_Hazza
22-06-17, 19:49
You'll struggle with the epg data for the foreign stuff.

1554leslie
22-06-17, 19:56
What about the other 2 questions please mate

twol
22-06-17, 20:29
What about the other 2 questions please mate

With Echanneliser you have the services in the left hand panel and the bouquets entries on the right hand side.
Just find the correct service on the LHS (eg BBC1 HD) and copy over to the BBC1 HD entry in teh bouquet whilst holding down the ctrl key ... you will see a "chain" sign appear in the RHS

Rodsnowden
01-08-17, 15:26
i have the some problem with my vu+duo2

Andy_Hazza
01-08-17, 15:36
i have the some problem with my vu+duo2

Can't quite see through my crystal ball. Can you explain better for peeps to understand what you mean? Ta