PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] ABM and E-channelizer

Willmoore
06-06-17, 09:13
Just had my first play with E-channelizer so not 100% sure what I'm doing :confused:
I have imported the bouquets from the stb - played about with them and then written them back to the box. When ABM runs my changes are over written. How do I stop this ?
I have done a search but can't find (or, more likely don't understand) the answer.

bluepassat
06-06-17, 09:34
i found that when i added picons to my programs it changed the order of my bouquets...im not sure why also

twol
06-06-17, 10:12
Just had my first play with E-channelizer so not 100% sure what I'm doing :confused:
I have imported the bouquets from the stb - played about with them and then written them back to the box. When ABM runs my changes are over written. How do I stop this ?
I have done a search but can't find (or, more likely don't understand) the answer.
Well either set ABM settings so it doesn't run every day or tick the setting that says don't overwrite existing Bouquets

Willmoore
06-06-17, 10:33
Thanks Twol. I did set ABM not to run but was not sure what the long term effect of doing that.
Where is the setting that allows me tick 'don't overwrite existing settings' ?

twol
06-06-17, 10:46
Under Config, there is a setting that say "keep all non-ABM bouquets" .... - I have always found that if I also set "Place bouquets at top" it sticks the "new"bouquets at the top without overwriting my previously modded Bouquets.
I only run ABM when I have a sat service error or when I know there have been changes - which with the loss of Sky is probably not that often!

Willmoore
06-06-17, 12:58
Under Config, there is a setting that say "keep all non-ABM bouquets" .... - I have always found that if I also set "Place bouquets at top" it sticks the "new"bouquets at the top without overwriting my previously modded Bouquets.
I only run ABM when I have a sat service error or when I know there have been changes - which with the loss of Sky is probably not that often!

I have set it to keep all non abm boquets and place at top but it didn't stop them being moved when abm ran.

twol
06-06-17, 15:03
I have set it to keep all non abm boquets and place at top but it didn't stop them being moved when abm ran.

If they were moved and you don't want that. the change top to bottom and it should keep them ... if it deleted them then I guess you should run ABM just when you need to do so.... it is not going to screw anything up by not running ABM ... in time some services will change and you may then need to run ABM.

Willmoore
06-06-17, 17:01
If they were moved and you don't want that. the change top to bottom and it should keep them ... if it deleted them then I guess you should run ABM just when you need to do so.... it is not going to screw anything up by not running ABM ... in time some services will change and you may then need to run ABM.

Changing from TOP to BOTTOM seems to have done it :thumbsup:
i may turn ABM off anyway - In fact, inadvertently, it's been off for months - i only noticed when using E-Channelizer :rolleyes: