PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] Cable and FTA Sky UK CustomMix

dsayers
06-06-17, 00:13
Hi im starting to do a Custommix for Virgin Media UK to swap channels with FreeToAir Sky channels This is a VIRGIN MEDIA line-up with all the free channels from sky replacing those on the Virgin Lineup at the moment im not sure of the channels to swap but this CustomMix (Thanks to rossi2000) adds all FreeToAir Sky channels to Virgin Line up including regional channels so BBC 1 to channel 5 will be using sat sd versions (this may change) and I would like your thoughts and see where we go from here.

To test it FTP the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/

Now we need to set abm

Recommended ABM setting

Menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, providers

Sky uk yes
Sky UK your area custom
no need to generate bouquets.

Virgin UK yes
Virgin UK your net Id
the rest is upto you

Once done press green to save then check providers order and check Virgin UK is on top press green to save then start scan.

This is still a work in progress once done ill look at creating a plugin to download the CustomMix.

Again thanks to rossi2000 for providing the CustomMix file

Download Here 53941

abu baniaz
06-06-17, 00:33
Think it would be a good idea to say that the Sky UK should be SD or Custom. If people use HD, the numbers won't match

dsayers
03-07-17, 10:40
Does anyone know if add channels by id works with hacks in cable custommix so Sky UK wouldn't need enabling?

Edit ill just stick to inserts

DaMacFunkin
15-07-17, 06:37
Hi, is this working well?
Is it easy enough to edit the file to insert a couple of HD terrestrial channels myself?
Cheers.

dsayers
15-07-17, 14:14
Hi, is this working well?
Is it easy enough to edit the file to insert a couple of HD terrestrial channels myself?
Cheers.

Yes it's working fine just a couple of tweeks depending on how you want it ie BBC and itv swaps.

For editing yes it's pretty straight forward if you want terrestrial channels added then have a look at rossies custommix http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55903-Dsayers-custommix-importer-plugin-support-thread&p=451634&viewfull=1#post451634

He originally had terrestrial channels added but I don't have a terrestrial tuner to use it. I'll get the laptop running and try to do a post explaining how to edit/add channels for now you could have a look here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45828-CustomLCN-CustomMix-Favourites-List-Hacks section 2 in the code box

dsayers
15-07-17, 16:13
Editing the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml

In some cases you may want to edit the custommix ie remove BBC and ITV swaps or adding terrestrial channels I recommend using a text editor ie Notepad++ or XMLWrench.

Removing swaps

To remove as swap simply delete the swap you dont want ie BBC1 we would delete
<insert target="101" source="101" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC One -->

Adding Swaps

If you wanted to add a terrestrial channel use this as a template and change the channel numbers to suite

<insert target="106" source="109" provider="terrestrial_uk_freeview"></insert> <!-- Channel 4 +1 HD -->

Target is the channel number we want to add (106) source is the terrestrial channel number (109) and is the key of provider from which the
channel is being imported simply change the target channel number and provider number

Adding extra FTA sat channels

If you want to add extra FTA sat channels use this template and edit channel numbers to suite

<insert target="102" source="102" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC Two -->

Editing swaps

If you want to change a swap to a different channel simply edit the target number

Once you have done your edits close the editor program your using and re scan ABM

Ps if Admin think this needs editing to be worded better please feel free to do so

dsayers
06-09-17, 17:44
Small changes to the international and kids bouquet thanks to Abu for the info on another thread. FTP the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/ and rescan ABM

Download here: 54878

dsayers
07-09-17, 07:33
Just realised I have left out Free Sport's channel and I don't think it's available on cable. What channel number would user's like it to be added to?

dsayers
07-09-17, 15:34
FreeSports added to 525

Download here: 54893

dsayers
07-09-17, 15:48
Beta Script

Small update on this I've managed to update a script to download the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml file so you can run it using a crontimer to download weekly, daily, monthly etc

OpenVIX
Unzip CableAndFTAMix.zip and Ftp the CableAndFTAMix.sh to usr/scripts. Create the scripts folder if you haven't got one.

OpenATV
Unzip CableAndFTAMix.zip and Ftp the CableAndFTAMix.sh to usr/script. Create the script folder if you haven't got one.

OpenVIX
On box press
Menu, setup, vix, scriptrunner green to start the script

OpenATV
On box press
Menu, Info Panel, Plugins, Job Manager green to start the script

Now we need to set a crontimer to run the script

Menu > Timers > CronTimers (you may be prompted to install 'busybox-cron' - install this - box will restart)

Add a Cron Timer by pressing the Green button

Run How Often ? - Daily
Time To Execute Command Or Script - Whatever you prefer, I have 00:00
Command Type - predefined
In command to run you should see the CableAndFTAMix.sh
Press green to save then check if it says start on autostart if not yellow to start and blue to autostart
Now reboot box thats it it should download the custommix.xml daily.

Ill look at doing a plugin at a later date.

Huevos
07-09-17, 16:42
Why would you do that? Why not extend the plugin?

Is this instead of, or, as well as the Sky download?

dsayers
07-09-17, 17:03

I am still doing the Sky UK version this is an option for Virgin UK users that just want to add FTA Sat channels to virgin line up.

dsayers
07-09-17, 18:12

Ok so I have edited the original plugin to make one for this CustomMix I haven't decided what to name it yet so I have just named it SatFTACustomMixImporter see attached once completed ill do an IPK.

Or maybe I could add an option to choose which version to download in the original plugin.

Huevos
07-09-17, 20:04
No. Let's make the plugin so it can be used for either.

Leave it with me.

dsayers
07-09-17, 20:28
No. Let's make the plugin so it can be used for either.

Leave it with me.

Thanks file on GitHub https://github.com/davesayers2014/AutoBouquetsMaker/blob/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml

Huevos
07-09-17, 23:43
Why are you supplying an ipk? The plugin is on the feeds.

dsayers
08-09-17, 00:40
There isn't an ipk I said that I was going to make an ipk for a separate plugin to download this xml till you said that you'll look at editing the existing plugin to download both files.

Huevos
08-09-17, 01:03
There isn't an ipk I said that I was going to make an ipk for a separate plugin to download this xml till you said that you'll look at editing the existing plugin to download both files.:confused: The plugin has been posted on T.K. forum in ipk format. :confused:

Having multiple plugins is not a good idea. Personally I think the plugin should be updated so that it works for all providers of CustomMix files, currently Dsayers and Jawz.

dsayers
08-09-17, 03:42
The plugin ipk has been on there since before you uploaded to github to download the sat.xml file not the cable.xml file and before it was available on feeds just the same as I did here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55903-Dsayers-custommix-importer-plugin-support-thread

I can remove it if you want but yes it would be a great idea to have all custommix files available via one plugin.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Huevos
08-09-17, 07:42
Yes, please remove the download from there. That way no one can suggest I am writing software for distrution to people using rogue images and unsupported hardware.

Huevos
09-09-17, 19:34
@Dsayers, please read this: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57792-CustomMix-files-for-public-use

dsayers
09-09-17, 20:22
@Dsayers, please read this: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57792-CustomMix-files-for-public-use

Added hopefully I have done it correctly first time using GitHub Desktop lol https://github.com/davesayers2014/AutoBouquetsMaker/commit/6f093dcb2fe029095139e525bc21ef56a14b033f ignore the deletes I just wanted to do some tidying up

Any reason for the instructions using Sly and Virmin and not the official names or was that just an example?

Thanks

Huevos
10-09-17, 00:39
Any reason for the instructions using Sly and Virmin and not the official names or was that just an example? LOL.

I just copied Jawz's instructions from his thread to use as an example.

BTW, if we are going to use this as a common plugin for everyone to use, really we should rename it. Maybe "ABM CustomMix Importer.

dsayers
10-09-17, 01:20
LOL.

I just copied Jawz's instructions from his thread to use as an example.

BTW, if we are going to use this as a common plugin for everyone to use, really we should rename it. Maybe "ABM CustomMix Importer.

Yea that would be best still confused how your going to have it to be able to download from multiple urls with different xml file names.

I did try to look at suls plugin as that downloads m3u files from different urls but it names the m3u the same. I'm not to clever at python so I'm sure you'll have a work around.

Huevos
10-09-17, 01:39
still confused how your going to have it to be able to download from multiple urls with different xml file names.:confused: You're confusing me now. We are not downloading from multiple URLs. We are downloading one URL from a group. Right?

After all it is not like you can have multiple CustomMix files for the same provider.

dsayers
10-09-17, 01:56
Yea that would be good only issue is jaws CustomMix is Sky UK with virgin Ireland and my sat custommix is Sky UK with Virgin UK so both are named the same sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

I have the version in this thread as cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml

Huevos
10-09-17, 02:02
Yea that would be good only issue is jaws CustomMix is Sky UK with virgin Ireland and my sat custommix is Sky UK with Virgin UK so both are named the same sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xmlAnd how is that a problem?

dsayers
10-09-17, 02:06
I think I'm confusing myself lol

I thought with both files been the same name it may cause issues with them available on the same url you seem to have it covered.

I think I need some sleep lol

Huevos
10-09-17, 04:51
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/12127652f73c61b2d5fa5b87bff045fb6f913e13

Huevos
10-09-17, 04:56
So now to add a new download location you just have to create an xml file. Like this and do a PR to the plugin.

<custommiximport>
<name>Dsayers: Virgin Media UK channels into Sky UK</name>
<provider>sat_282_sky_uk</provider>
<url>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/AutoBouquetsMaker/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml</url>
</custommiximport>

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/blob/2.3/DsayersCustomMixImporter/mixes/dsayers_vmuk_into_skyuk.xml

mrmattyc
14-09-17, 15:14
Once installed I'm unable to "fetch" the dsayers file when connected through my vpn.

I use to have the vpn set up on my router but due to the router's limited processor power it resulted in slow internet speeds. I've now set up openvpn on my box instead to see if this imporves things.

When the vpn was on my router I had no issues "fetching" the file. If I disconnect from my vpn I'm able to "fetch" the dsayers file. Is there any reason why I'm unable to do this through a VPN when installed on my gigablue box?

dsayers
14-09-17, 15:18
Once installed I'm unable to "fetch" the dsayers file when connected through my vpn.

I use to have the vpn set up on my router but due to the router's limited processor power it resulted in slow internet speeds. I've now set up openvpn on my box instead to see if this imporves things.

When the vpn was on my router I had no issues "fetching" the file. If I disconnect from my vpn I'm able to "fetch" the dsayers file. Is there any reason why I'm unable to do this through a VPN when installed on my gigablue box?

No there should be no reason but I dont use VPN on my box so I have no way to test it. It does sound odd, maybe VPN is hammering your connection so it cant connect to GitHub

dsayers
14-09-17, 16:03
Can a mod edit first post with these instructions please thanks

Hi im starting to do a Custommix for Virgin Media UK to swap channels with FreeSat This is a VIRGIN MEDIA line-up with all the free channels from sky replacing those on the Virgin Lineup this CustomMix (Thanks to rossi2000) adds all FreeSat channels to Virgin Line up.

To test it download Dsayers CustomMix Importer

Goto plugins then green to download plugins then systemplugins and download dsayerscustommiximporter.

If you have previous versions of the CustomMix Importer installed do a software update to update to latest version or if you have installed IPK uninstall IPK then install via feeds.

Reboot box

now we need to setup Dsayers CustomMix plugin

menu>setup>service searching>Dsayer CustomMix Importer

Import needs to be Dsayers: Dsayers: Sky UK free to air channels into Virgin Media UK

Press yellow to download the xml

Change Enable autofech to yes if you want it to download the xml automatically

Lead time change this to the time you want it to download before you have abm scheduled to run.

Now we need to set abm

Recommended ABM setting

Menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, providers

Sky UK yes
Sky UK your area custom
no need to generate bouquets.

Virgin UK yes
Virgin UK your net Id
the rest is upto you

Once done press green to save then check providers order and check Virgin UK is on top press green to save then start scan.

If you decide this isnt for you go into Dsayers CustomMix Importer and press blue to delete file then change Enable autofetch to no

Again thanks to rossi2000 for providing the CustomMix file and thanks to Huevos for creating The Dsayers CustomMix plugin

abu baniaz
14-09-17, 17:07
Surely wording should be FTA sky channels, not Freesat?

dsayers
14-09-17, 17:10
Surely wording should be FTA sky channels, not Freesat?

Yes sorry I didn't realise

linkazoid
07-10-17, 19:22
Are these still the most up to date instructions to get the most amount of channels?

Also, what's the best setup for EPG and picons on this configuration?

dsayers
07-10-17, 19:29
Are these still the most up to date instructions to get the most amount of channels?

Also, what's the best setup for EPG and picons on this configuration?

Yes following post 33 I might start a new thread as this one has changed a bit.

For EPG and picons you'll be best starting a new thread but crossepg for sat and Epg Refresh for Cable works for me and picons I use from picons eu

Huevos
20-10-17, 23:54
@Dsayers, I've pushed your changes, thx. Hopefully it will build ok. BTW your PM box is full.

dsayers
09-02-18, 08:25
Has anyone managed to watch ITV PPV events over the last few fights?I haven't so I'm thinking of removing it to make room for Euro sports 4 HD then moving Sky Events down one channel for Eurosport 5 HD

dsayers
19-02-18, 19:46
I have got new CustomMix files without Sport HD Channels. For OpenATV do a software update or goto plugins red to remove plugins, system plugins choose ABM CustomMix Importer reboot box now goto plugins green to install plugins then System Plugins choose ABM CustomMix Importer and reboot box.

OpenVix will need to wait for next image release.

Now goto ABM CustomMix Importer in service searching/Tuner Config press right you should now see: Sky UK:Import Virgin channels (Without HD Sports) by DSayers and Virgin UK: Import free Sky channels (Without HD Sports) by DSayers.

Choose the version you want ie for Sky FTA channels into Virgin media line up you would choose: Virgin UK: Import free Sky channels (Without HD Sports) by DSayers then yellow to fetch file and green to save then rescan ABM.

Thank you to AbuBaniaz for the help with these changes.

dsayers
22-02-18, 16:12
cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml Without Sport HD for users that cant update plugin till next image

FTP cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\Auto BouquetsMaker\custom

Turn Auto Fetch to no

kokojnr
07-03-18, 23:24
cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml Without Sport HD for users that cant update plugin till next image

FTP cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\Auto BouquetsMaker\custom

Turn Auto Fetch to noI'm on image 5.1.018, do I still need to use this xml file or is the customMix plugin updated on vix please?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

dsayers
09-03-18, 11:42
I'm on image 5.1.018, do I still need to use this xml file or is the customMix plugin updated on vix please?

Sorry I have just seen this but I don't think they will but they may be on 5.1.019

dpullen87
30-03-18, 09:54
Updated ABM config files last night and custom file, scanned and now Sky Sports News HD 509 is missing. The only option is SD version 519, sky mix HD is still there. Sky sports news HD is still working as i had it on before i did the rescan.

Any ideas?

dpullen87
30-03-18, 10:12
Sorry I have just seen this but I don't think they will but they may be on 5.1.019

Just had a github alert come through, so presume you've fixed?

dsayers
30-03-18, 10:54
Updated ABM config files last night and custom file, scanned and now Sky Sports News HD 509 is missing. The only option is SD version 519, sky mix HD is still there. Sky sports news HD is still working as i had it on before i did the rescan.

Any ideas?

Yea I've noticed new ABM config files deletes it and my CustomMix adds SD too. I've corrected CustomMix https://github.com/davesayers2014/CustomMix_Files/commit/8366722ed1082da7f84ebe7ac194b5b2d003507c

Also made a pull request to fix ABM providers file https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/pull/73

dsayers
30-03-18, 11:33
Just noticed I've posted that in the Cable CustomMix thread. My Cable CustomMix is fine just that ABM has removed Sky Sports News HD and my Cable CustomMix without sports HD channels doesn't effect 509.

When ABM remove from blacklist you can update ABM config files and rescan ABM.

I've only had to correct Sat CustomMix without sports HD channels.

Huevos
30-03-18, 13:04

Any ideas?Missing from satellite or cable? Please try to be descriptive when posting bug reports. Remember the people working on this do not necessarily have access to the same providers and net IDs as you and some are not even in the UK.

@dsayers, is your PR still required?

abu baniaz
30-03-18, 13:07
I've just fixed the error.

Thanks Dsayers' for the pull request.

dsayers
30-03-18, 13:09
@dsayers, is your PR still required?Yes as Sky Sports News HD is still working on Virgin UK.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

dodgeg1
09-04-18, 08:49
Hi dsayers, thanks for doing this plugin.
One thing I have noticed is that ITV2HD, ITV3HD, ITV4HD & ITVBeHD do not clear on Freeview, it might be worth removing them so they revert back to the Virgin ones.

dsayers
09-04-18, 12:00
One thing I have noticed is that ITV2HD, ITV3HD, ITV4HD & ITVBeHD do not clear on Freeview, it might be worth removing them so they revert back to the Virgin ones.

It should only be adding SD versions

dsayers
09-04-18, 13:49

Can you set Sky UK your area HD I think I had issues with SD and Custom region a few months ago.

dodgeg1
09-04-18, 19:31
Can you set Sky UK your area HD I think I had issues with SD and Custom region a few months ago.

That has worked! Thanks for the help mate

dodgeg1
11-04-18, 19:54
Dsayers, I hope you don't mind but I have added some missing channels and made some adjustments to your config file.

I have attached a zip file with both a change log and the config xml file.

dsayers
11-04-18, 20:23
Dsayers, I hope you don't mind but I have added some missing channels and made some adjustments to your config file.

Thanks ill take a look over the weekend, your also welcome to make a pull request on GitHub https://github.com/davesayers2014/CustomMix_Files/pulls

dsayers
12-04-18, 20:34

Thanks, committed here https://github.com/davesayers2014/CustomMix_Files/commit/fa3be493fb7d32150b58b3558279eafb9b0e606d

dsayers
29-04-18, 07:03
Thanks I'll have a look later. Your more than welcome to submit your custommix to ABM CustomMix Importer https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/ABMCustomMixImporter

Ferather
29-04-18, 16:30
I can't find an LCN section, the CustomMix file I generated was manually made with "Programmers notepad 2" and the LCN files to produce one unique provider with grouped channels.
Due to the channel organization the cable LCN file is required along side the cable CustomMix file, both are provided in the zip package I posted, along side my template LCN.

First I generated the CustomMix file, with source channels, but no target channels, and labelled added channels with an ** at the end of their channel name.
I then re-organized the cable LCN file, the template LCN file still has the added channels with their place markers, I then filled in the CustomMix file.

The CustomMix file is ordered in provider channel order, making it easier to cross-reference, starting with Freesat then Sky.

dsayers
03-05-18, 18:15
Temporarily removed BBC 1 HD to Channel 4 HD from Sat till regional issues are sorted.

Please use Dsayers Sky UK Free to air into Virgin UK not the no sport HD channels option.

dsayers
06-05-18, 14:06
With ABM finding a solution for 1 to 4 HD swaps on Sat I still need to find a solution at the moment I can only insert BBC 2 HD and channel 4 HD as they are forced to 802 and 804.

I can't insert bbc1 HD and ITV HD due to them having different numbers on different regions once I find a solution I'll update custommix.

kokojnr
06-05-18, 14:50
This custom mix seems not to be working again.
I updated vix 5.1.026 deleted the custom mix plugin. Reinstalled it and set it to " Sky UK free to air into virgin media UK".
Fetched files, saved the setup and resacanned ABM but can't see and SKY FTA channels in the bouquet.

dsayers
06-05-18, 14:59
This custom mix seems not to be working again.
I updated vix 5.1.026 deleted the custom mix plugin. Reinstalled it and set it to " Sky UK free to air into virgin media UK".
Fetched files, saved the setup and resacanned ABM but can't see and SKY FTA channels in the bouquet.

I'll have a look tonight/tomorrow. Are you using Sky UK your area HD.

kokojnr
06-05-18, 15:25
I'll have a look tonight/tomorrow. Are you using Sky UK your area HD.It is currently set to "my area custom" i used to set it on "my area HD"

dsayers
06-05-18, 16:27
It is currently set to "my area custom" i used to set it on "my area HD"

Can you try to Import again I made an error when trying to comment out 1 to 4 HD channels.

kokojnr
06-05-18, 16:34
Watching the Chelsea vs Liverpool, will try again after the game

kokojnr
06-05-18, 19:53
Done all working good now

dsayers
25-05-18, 10:28
@Huevos how could I solve 1 to 5 HD imports from sat to cable with different regions using different numbers?

From what I can understand is we can't use hacks for different providers in custommix i.e. hacks for Sky UK in cable UK custommix.

I'm not sure how I can use imports for different regions.

Only other alternatives I've seen is creating custommix files for all regions or create my own Sky UK providers file with it's own name so it isn't overwritten on software updates.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

dsayers
25-05-18, 14:01
I see stv HD channel hack has been added to the providers file so all that would need adding is a hack for BBC 1 HD

https://github.com/davesayers2014/AutoBouquetsMaker/blob/bc545ca088e5b0542d52c50945264addae16ce08/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/sat_282_sky_uk.xml#L472

I think that would then cover all issues?

Original pr request I made for 1 to 4 HD https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/pull/77

Huevos
26-05-18, 00:32
@Huevos how could I solve 1 to 5 HD imports from sat to cable with different regions using different numbers?

From what I can understand is we can't use hacks for different providers in custommix i.e. hacks for Sky UK in cable UK custommix. The whole service dict is available so you can do it.

e.g. BBC Two HD something like this:

target = 102 # your VM target
if "sat_282_sky_uk" in services:
for service in sorted(services["sat_282_sky_uk"]["video"].keys()):
if services["sat_282_sky_uk"]["video"][service]["channel_id"] == 2075:
customised["video"][target] = services["sat_282_sky_uk"]["video"][service]
break

Right now we are working on being able to add swaps conditionally. That way we will be able to get rid of the need to move the channels around to set numbers.

abu baniaz
26-05-18, 00:37
Right now we are working on being able to add swaps conditionally. That way we will be able to get rid of the need to move the channels around to set numbers.
That won't help him as he needs a fixed list to import from

dsayers
26-05-18, 01:10
The whole service dict is available so you can do it.

e.g. BBC Two HD something like this:

target = 102 # your VM target
if "sat_282_sky_uk" in services:
for service in sorted(services["sat_282_sky_uk"]["video"].keys()):
if services["sat_282_sky_uk"]["video"][service]["channel_id"] == 2075:
customised["video"][target] = services["sat_282_sky_uk"]["video"][service]
break

That kind of works, so would this work for regional channels ie STV or ITV HD on 113 or BBC 1 HD on 108 depending on the region same for NI thanks.

dsayers
26-05-18, 12:00
Is 115 only used for BBC 1 HD on certain regions with other regions not having anything on 115? If so with the current providers setup forcing BBC 2 HD to 802 I should be able to insert 801 and 115 to 108 providing that there isnt another channel on 115 if BBC 1 HD is on 801.

<insert target="108" source="115" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC One HD -->
<insert target="108" source="801" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC One HD -->
<insert target="113" source="803" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV HD -->
<insert target="141" source="804" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Channel 4 HD -->
<insert target="162" source="802" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC Two HD -->

Temporally added these imports if users would like to test fetch file and rescan ABM let me know if it causes issues thanks.

dsayers
27-05-18, 05:19
Is 115 only used for BBC 1 HD on certain regions with other regions not having anything on 115? If so with the current providers setup forcing BBC 2 HD to 802 I should be able to insert 801 and 115 to 108 providing that there isnt another channel on 115 if BBC 1 HD is on 801.

<insert target="108" source="115" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC One HD -->
<insert target="108" source="801" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC One HD -->
<insert target="113" source="803" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV HD -->
<insert target="141" source="804" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Channel 4 HD -->
<insert target="162" source="802" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC Two HD -->

Temporally added these imports if users would like to test fetch file and rescan ABM let me know if it causes issues thanks.

That isn't going to work after latest changes, I'll have to pull those imports.

Huevos
27-05-18, 20:43
So it is just 1 to 5 that need sorting out, right? Post the latest file and I will try to sort it out.

dsayers
27-05-18, 20:52
I think just 1 to 4 channel 5 HD should be on 805 for all regions

Targets are the following but I can adjust when I have something to edit thanks

108 = BBC 1 HD
113 = ITV HD
141 = Channel 4 HD
162 = BBC 2 HD

Huevos
28-05-18, 17:07
Try the attachment.

dsayers
28-05-18, 17:29
Try the attachment.

That seems to work thanks.

I assume this works with both ABM 2.9 and 3.0 as Ive only tested on 3.0.

Committed here https://github.com/davesayers2014/CustomMix_Files/commit/219850f477aa6a5fbcd91106ca4bdbb6ae3c4a42

Huevos
28-05-18, 18:21
That seems to work thanks.

I assume this works with both ABM 2.9 and 3.0 as Ive only tested on 3.0.

Committed here https://github.com/davesayers2014/CustomMix_Files/commit/219850f477aa6a5fbcd91106ca4bdbb6ae3c4a42Yes, version shouldn't make a difference. Now you don't have to worry about the numbers at all.

With version 3.0 all Sky UK regions have their channels in the correct places.

dsayers
28-05-18, 18:25
Yes, version shouldn't make a difference. Now you don't have to worry about the numbers at all.

With version 3.0 all Sky UK regions have their channels in the correct places.

Have a look at the closed issues on GitHub there is a few issues with STV on Scottish West and East Midlands ITV channel swaps. https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/issues/75

Huevos
28-05-18, 18:35
Thanks to Abu for testing this code.

Huevos
28-05-18, 22:22
Have a look at the closed issues on GitHub there is a few issues with STV on Scottish West and East Midlands ITV channel swaps. https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/issues/75Can you post here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59570-HD-swap-discussion&p=470913#post470913

dpullen87
13-07-18, 17:25
Can freesports hd be added please when you get chance.

dsayers
14-07-18, 12:45
Can freesports hd be added please when you get chance.

I'm away till Friday but will add it as soon as I get back.

abu baniaz
14-07-18, 15:43
I checked last night, it wasn't there. quest hd in test mode still

lincsat
18-07-18, 13:40
Paramount HD still testing as well

dsayers
22-07-18, 14:58
I couldn't find FreeSports HD it looks like its been removed from testing

File updated with Virgins latest re shuffle https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59763-Virgin-chanel-lineup-changes&p=472467#post472467

In ABM CustomMix Importer fetch file then rescan ABM or leave it to next scheduled scan

Please let me know if you see any duplicate channels.

dpullen87
30-07-18, 12:49
Channel 124 is Paramount HD and states "Service not found" (SID not found in PAT)

If i go to sats and then cable services and choose the 1st paramount hd in the list it works correctly 707.0 MHz 6952 QAM256 3/4

Are you aware of this?

dsayers
30-07-18, 13:03
Channel 124 is Paramount HD and states "Service not found" (SID not found in PAT)

If i go to sats and then cable services and choose the 1st paramount hd in the list it works correctly 707.0 MHz 6952 QAM256 3/4

Are you aware of this?

Yes it's been highlighted here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59764-Heads-up-VM-channels 187 should work

I didn't want to make changes to these channels incase virgin change them again, I'll take a look this weekend.

lincsat
30-07-18, 16:28
I modified my Cable xml file and added the non-working services to the "Remove some services unless in netID whitelist" section. Maybe the best way of doing it as the UKTV channels are looking unlikely to return in the short term.

dsayers
30-07-18, 16:35
I already have the sat FTA versions in vacant slots, I'll just probably use deletes to remove none working versions. Or maybe move working versions to new slots and delete duplicates

dpullen87
01-08-18, 15:26
Can premier sports 2 and Quest HD be added please :thumbsup:

dsayers
01-08-18, 16:04
Can premier sports 2 and Quest HD be added please :thumbsup:

Done, Quest HD on 194 and moved Front runner to 554 allowing Premier Sports 2 on 552.

For my future reference
https://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_channels_on_Virgin_Media_(UK)#Forthcoming_ changes

linkazoid
11-08-18, 16:18
Not sure why, but the plugin isn't showing in the menu for me. It used to...

I have checked and I can see it in SystemPlugins and if I uninstall it the folder is removed from there too.

Running the latest OV 032 on Xtrend 9500

dsayers
11-08-18, 19:20
Definitely named ABM CustomMix Importer.

Menu, setup, tuner config

Huevos
11-08-18, 19:59
Plugin will only show if ABM is available.

linkazoid
11-08-18, 20:43
Hmm.. Strange..

I have ABM, it's configured and working ok. This plugin was installed and configured and working ok too up until recently.

Even updated the ABM plugin from the other thread to see if this would help.

Suppose i'll have to backup my settings and reflash without any plugins.

dpullen87
13-08-18, 16:53
Gold HD is supposed to be available from the 15th :thumbsup:

dsayers
13-08-18, 17:11
Edit wrong info lol

dsayers
09-02-19, 15:25
Try the attachment.

Hi Huevos could this be modified for Virgin UK regional changes, some regions now have BBC1 on 101 or 108 same for BBC2 HD HD 102 162 im not sure if ITV is the same.

I was thinking

found_bbc1 = False
found_bbc2 = False
found_itv = False
found_c4 = False
if "cable_uk_virgin"" in services:
for service in range(101, 201)
if service in services["cable_uk_virgin"]["video"] and services["cable_uk_virgin"]["video"][service]["service_type"] in DvbScanner.HD_ALLOWED_TYPES:
if services["cable_uk_virgin"]["video"][service]["service_name"].lower().startswith('bbc one'):
target_bbc1 = 108

Or can I use conditional inserts like conditional swaps?

Huevos
17-06-19, 00:19
Hi Huevos could this be modified for Virgin UK regional changes, some regions now have BBC1 on 101 or 108 same for BBC2 HD HD 102 162 im not sure if ITV is the same.

I was thinking

found_bbc1 = False
found_bbc2 = False
found_itv = False
found_c4 = False
if "cable_uk_virgin"" in services:
for service in range(101, 201)
if service in services["cable_uk_virgin"]["video"] and services["cable_uk_virgin"]["video"][service]["service_type"] in DvbScanner.HD_ALLOWED_TYPES:
if services["cable_uk_virgin"]["video"][service]["service_name"].lower().startswith('bbc one'):
target_bbc1 = 108

Or can I use conditional inserts like conditional swaps?Hi, sorry I missed this. What are you trying to do?

dsayers
17-06-19, 01:23
Virgin BBC and itv channels had a re shuffle. Some regions have the hd versions on 101 to 103 if there's a local HD version. For me bbc1 HD is on 108 sd 101 BBC 2 HD on 102 with no SD version, ITV SD on 103 HD version 113. Some regions are different.

I've had reports the issue is the same for channel 4

Huevos
19-06-19, 21:29
Yes but what are you trying to do? What do you want moved where?

dsayers
20-06-19, 06:40
I'm wanting to move sat FTA HD into where the cable HD versions are. So if a region has cable BBC2 HD on 102 it will replace with the sat version same if it's on 108.

Huevos
23-06-19, 20:01
Something like this (not tested):

source = "sat_282_sky_uk"
dest = "cable_uk_virgin"

move_dict = {
'bbc one': {"source": None, "dest": None},
'bbc two': {"source": None, "dest": None},
}

if source in services and dest in services:
for key in move_dict.keys():
for service in range(101, 201):
if service in services[source]["video"] and \
services[source]["video"][service]["service_type"] in DvbScanner.HD_ALLOWED_TYPES and \
services[source]["video"][service]["service_name"].lower().startswith(key):
move_dict[key]["source"] = service
if service in services[dest]["video"] and \
services[dest]["video"][service]["service_type"] in DvbScanner.HD_ALLOWED_TYPES and \
services[dest]["video"][service]["service_name"].lower().startswith(key):
move_dict[key]["dest"] = service

if move_dict[key]["source"] and move_dict[key]["dest"]:
customised["video"][move_dict[key]["dest"]] = services[source]["video"][move_dict[key]["source"]]

dsayers
23-06-19, 20:50
Thanks I'll test later tonight and give feedback.

dsayers
23-06-19, 22:12
Something like this (not tested):

dest = "cable_uk_virgin"

move_dict = {
}

services[source]["video"][service]["service_type"] in DvbScanner.HD_ALLOWED_TYPES and \
services[dest]["video"][service]["service_type"] in DvbScanner.HD_ALLOWED_TYPES and \

customised["video"][move_dict[key]["dest"]] = services[source]["video"][move_dict[key]["source"]]

It worked for BBC 1HD but not BBC 2HD so I tried adding itv1 and channel 4

dest = "cable_uk_virgin"

move_dict = {
'itv': {"source": None, "dest": None},
'channel 4': {"source": None, "dest": None},
}

This added BBC1 HD and Channel 4HD but still didn't add BBC2 HD or ITV HD

dsayers
23-06-19, 22:51
I know why it wasn't adding bbc2 and itv hd because they are in the sky uk secondary bouquet so I added for service in range(101, 201) + range(801, 900): the code now looks like

dest = "cable_uk_virgin"

move_dict = {
}

for service in range(101, 201) + range(801, 900):

This adds all apart from ITV HD but im not sure if this is because of various regional names.

Huevos
24-06-19, 00:06
Are the names the same on VM and sat? Post the exact names on both.

Huevos
24-06-19, 00:09
After step one is complete print the dict to see what it contains.

dsayers
24-06-19, 00:14
Are the names the same on VM and sat? Post the exact names on both.

Sat is ITV Yorkshire HD VM is ITV HD

After step one is complete print the dict to see what it contains.

Sorry I'm not sure how to print dict

Huevos
24-06-19, 00:18
print move_dictJust put that between the 2 steps and it will save the output in the debug log.

dsayers
24-06-19, 00:34
print move_dictJust put that between the 2 steps and it will save the output in the debug log.

Hopefully this is what you need

<371376.241> {'bbc one': {'dest': 108, 'source': 115}, 'channel 4': {'dest': 141, 'source': 138}, 'bbc two': {'dest': 102, 'source': 802}, 'ITV Yorkshire': {'dest': None, 'source': None}}

Sorry I just realised I was editing the custommix here is the output for itv

<371896.094> {'bbc one': {'dest': 108, 'source': 115}, 'itv': {'dest': 179, 'source': 803}, 'bbc two': {'dest': 102, 'source': 802}, 'channel 4': {'dest': 141, 'source': 138}}

So looking at the code its adding to 179 althogh ITV HD for cable is on 113

Huevos
24-06-19, 00:48
'itv': {'dest': 179, 'source': 803}

What channel is at 179? Is 803 correct?

dsayers
24-06-19, 00:52
'itv': {'dest': 179, 'source': 803}

What channel is at 179? Is 803 correct?

803 for sat is correct. With the code it adds ITV Yorkshire HD to 179 but it is normally ITVBe HD on 179

Huevos
24-06-19, 00:56
Where is the itv you are trying to replace?

dsayers
24-06-19, 00:57
Where is the itv you are trying to replace?

For my region 113 named ITV HD

Huevos
24-06-19, 01:03
The idea is this file works for all regions. Are you changing it somehow for different regions?

dsayers
24-06-19, 01:12
The idea is this file works for all regions. Are you changing it somehow for different regions?

No it seems cable split regions like sat did so HD channel numbers are at different slots. Some all 1 to 3 HD others just BBC1 HD on 101 or BBC2 HD on 102. Im not sure of all the regional channel number changes maybe others can state what BBC 1 to ITV HD channel numbers are.

The alternatives are in the same postion so if BBC1 HD is on 101 I think BBC1 SD should be on 108, Im not sure if all regions have now removed BBC2 SD and just adding BBC2 HD to 102.

Im just trying to make something that will replace the cable HD version wherever the cable version is meant to be with the sat HD version

dsayers
24-06-19, 14:30
See first 4 channels here
https://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_channels_on_Virgin_Media_(UK)

101 (Scot, Wales, NI) BBC One HD 108 (Eng)

101 (Eng)BBC One SD [English region]

102 BBC Two HD

103 (Eng, Wales, NI)ITV or UTV sd

103 (Scot)STV HD

104 (London)Channel 4 HD 141 (UK, except London)

104 (UK, except London)Channel 4 SD

Huevos
24-06-19, 23:38
For my region 113 named ITV HDOk, so what is happening is 113 is getting saved to "move_dict" but we continue searching and then it finds another match at 179 and overwrites the first match. So we need to avoid that happening.

dest = "cable_uk_virgin"

move_dict = {
}

if move_dict[key]["source"] is None and \
service in services[source]["video"] and \
services[source]["video"][service]["service_name"].lower().startswith(key) :
if move_dict[key]["dest"] is None and \
service in services[dest]["video"] and \
break

dsayers
25-06-19, 07:09
I think your getting close but it seems to add ITV2 HD to 1113

{'bbc one': {'dest': 108, 'source': 115}, 'itv': {'dest': 113, 'source': 118}, 'bbc two': {'dest': 102, 'source': 802}, 'channel 4': {'dest': 141, 'source': 138}}

Huevos
25-06-19, 15:05
I think your getting close but it seems to add ITV2 HD to 1113

{'bbc one': {'dest': 108, 'source': 115}, 'itv': {'dest': 113, 'source': 118}, 'bbc two': {'dest': 102, 'source': 802}, 'channel 4': {'dest': 141, 'source': 138}}How can it add something at 1113? That is outside your range.
for service in range(101, 201) + range(801, 900)
Also any channels you know that trip it up could be added to an avoid list.

dest = "cable_uk_virgin"

move_dict = {
}

avoid_list = [ # lower case
"itv2 hd",
]

services[source]["video"][service]["service_name"].lower().startswith(key) and \
services[source]["video"][service]["service_name"].lower() not in avoid_list:
services[dest]["video"][service]["service_name"].lower().startswith(key) and \
services[dest]["video"][service]["service_name"].lower() not in avoid_list:
break

Huevos
25-06-19, 15:13
TBH, the whole idea of matching by channel name is pretty fragile. Where SkyUK is the source you could be using "channel_id".

abu baniaz
25-06-19, 15:33
TBH, the whole idea of matching by channel name is pretty fragile. Where SkyUK is the source you could be using "channel_id".

That is not going to work as the file is being used for more than one area

Huevos
25-06-19, 16:34
That is not going to work as the file is being used for more than one areaShould work because we are looking for the first instance. So you are just checking:

if channel_id in channel_id_list:

dsayers
25-06-19, 17:47
How can it add something at 1113? That is outside your range.
for service in range(101, 201) + range(801, 900)

Sorry that was a typo it added source 118 ITV2 HD TO 113.

This maybe getting over complected as we have other regional names i.e STV.

dsayers
25-06-19, 18:20
Also any channels you know that trip it up could be added to an avoid list.

dest = "cable_uk_virgin"

move_dict = {
}

"itv2 hd",
]

services[source]["video"][service]["service_name"].lower().startswith(key) and \
break

I had to add

"itv2 hd",
"itv3 hd",
"itv4 hd",
]

So now I have

dest = "cable_uk_virgin"

move_dict = {
}

"itv2 hd",
"itv3 hd",
"itv4 hd",
]

break

Huevos
25-06-19, 18:33
No, it is not over complicated. You just add "stv" or "utv" to your move dict. Then if you are in Scotland and your cable has "STV" and you pick Sky Scotland, it will do the swap.

Main point is to try to write an algorithm that works fo all cases. That way you can just make changes to the dict to add new channels.

dsayers
26-06-19, 16:50
Changes made here for regional issues thanks to @Huevos https://github.com/davesayers2014/CustomMix_Files/commit/c47f1a76d48d3e2fcd9ebb230364c8de8f427d8e users please report any issues and ill try to amend as soon as possible. Thanks