PDA

View Full Version : Vuduo2 with PlexDVR

cyberbob
04-06-17, 21:40
Hi Guys,

Question about plexdvr. I have a vuduo2. In there 1 cable tuner and 1 sat tuner.
As soon as I start Plex DVR, the plugin tells me that i need 2 tuners.

Is plex dvr able to be used on a vu+ duo2?
Any special requirements?

running openvix-5.0.016.release-vuduo2.

Any help appreciated.

Huevos
04-06-17, 22:00
The point of the plugin is to mimic an HDHomerun with an enigma2 receiver.

If you only have one tuner (of the type mimicked) and that tuner is in use it won't be available for recording streams.

cyberbob
04-06-17, 22:11
Thats why im asking, the vuduo2 has 2 tuners on board and enabled.
A DVB-S and DVB-C tuner. But still the plugin tells me i need 2 tuners..

abu baniaz
04-06-17, 22:17
a service on Cable is not the same as satellite

Huevos
04-06-17, 22:18
It has 1 tuner of each type. You need at least 2 tuners of any type being mimicked.

cyberbob
07-06-17, 21:40
I see on the plugins website that there is already a new version (1.2) that does support single tuner setups.

How can I get that version?

https://github.com/OpenViX/PlexDVRAPI/commit/76bfa853ef417a3a01fea08034b27dd641ba7075

rossi2000
07-06-17, 21:51
the latest version attached
transfer all the files to the PlexDVRAPI system plugin folder, restart your box and then delete all the .py files. LEAVE the .pyo ones alone.

cyberbob
07-06-17, 22:55
Thanx!! working great!..

rossi2000
08-06-17, 06:41
enjoy! .

imish
10-06-17, 21:18
Hi Guys,

Question about plexdvr. I have a vuduo2. In there 1 cable tuner and 1 sat tuner.
As soon as I start Plex DVR, the plugin tells me that i need 2 tuners.

Is plex dvr able to be used on a vu+ duo2?

I have a PLEX setup and an enigma box.

How does this plugin work over standard DVR capabilities within the STB?

Sicilian
11-06-17, 06:45
I have a PLEX setup and an enigma box.

How does this plugin work over standard DVR capabilities within the STB?

PlexDVR is gear towards aired content rather than channels. Completely different way of using a DVR.

I've only just set mine up, imo excellent. Guide is fantastic, you look through the content rather than look at specific channels. EPG sample below.

imish
12-06-17, 21:58
the latest version attached
transfer all the files to the PlexDVRAPI system plugin folder, restart your box and then delete all the .py files. LEAVE the .pyo ones alone.

silly question - where is the following folder? PlexDVRAPI

On the STB OR on the Plex Server?

I can't seem to find it on either..

abu baniaz
12-06-17, 22:15
You install the plugin on the receiver,. So receiver is being referenced

You will find System Plugins folder within
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/

imish
12-06-17, 22:39
You install the plugin on the receiver,. So receiver is being referenced

You will find System Plugins folder within
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/

EDIT - just found the PLEX DVR thread on this forum here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56936-PlexDVR-Setup) - its only for Plex Pass members and for 1.7 onwards.

My Plex Server is on version 0.96 as I use it to view LIVE TV from the STB on my Plex Clients. on v1.0 or above the transcoder doesn't seem to work anymore.....

Torrax
13-10-17, 09:15
Hello,
First of all i just want to say this is an amazing concept and i cant believe more people dont know about it! Second, I'm having a little trouble with the same issue, I didn't read through the documentation fully and ended up purchasing a Vu+ Zero having only one tuner. As mentioned above apparently there was an update to allow it to work on single tuner models. Would this plugin still work for the Vu+ Zero? I keep getting an error message saying "It seems you have no tuners with channels set up on this device. Please perform a channel scan or run ABM." However I have bouquets set up already. Any help would be much appreciated!

Huevos
13-10-17, 09:25
If you have boquet and cant tune a channel it means tuners are set up wrong. Please start your own thread about this.

Torrax
14-10-17, 11:24
My apologies, you were right. I managed to figure it out, i did not have my tuner properly configured. Pertaining to this topic though, if i were to have a a VuDuo2 now containing 2 turners, would that allow me to run 2 IPTV streams simultaneously on Plex DVR? Currently when someone else attempts to watch something while someone else is watching something a message pops up saying "All tuners are currently in use, would you like to stop recording on one of the following tuners?" and it allows me to stop the others person connection. Would a box with multiple tuners allow multiple streams? Or would i need to purchase another tuner box? Also I saw the Vu+ Duo2 allows connection up to 4 tuners. Would this allow up to 4 connections?

Thanks very much for being so quick to reply!

Huevos
15-10-17, 11:10
Torrax, you need as many tuners as transport streams you are trying to receive. So if you had 4 satellite tuners that would allow you to watch one channel and open 3 streams at the same time. Plex knows it is a 4 tuner box so may try to open a 4th stream.

Plex doesn't understand the concept of transport streams, only tuners. So if Plex knows there are 4 tuners it won't try to start 5 recordings even though this may only require 2 tuners. And on the other hand Plex doesn't know what tuners are in use, so it may request 4 tuners but only 2 are available at the time meaning recordings fail.

Due to the above, to get the maximum reliability from your Plex/enigma2 combination the enigma2 receiver needs to be in standby and dedicated to Plex.

Torrax
16-10-17, 04:21
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain it to me Huevos! So just to confirm if I had 4 x DVB-S2 tuners it would allow 3 different users to watch live TV however, they would all be forced to watch the same IPTV broadcast because the box only allows for a single transport stream at a time. In order to allow for multiple users viewing different channels I would be required to purchase and additional tuner box? Thanks for the advice. I'll have to set it up in standby mode and make it a dedicated box.

Huevos
16-10-17, 06:56
Torrax, start your own thread like I have already said. These questions have nothing to do with Plex DVR API.

Gmaguire
05-01-18, 11:22
I am using using plexdvr on an vuduo2 but I have 2 sat tuners and it works perfectly with no issues, it might be a plexdvr requirement to have two tuners.

Yellow Ostrich
05-01-18, 17:32
Hi,

Stupid question, Does this allow you to stream live tv channels from my vix e2 receiver via my Plex Media Server?

Similar to SkyGo but with my own content on PMS.

Thanks,

YO

imish
05-01-18, 17:41
Hi,

Stupid question, Does this allow you to stream live tv channels from my vix e2 receiver via my Plex Media Server?

Similar to SkyGo but with my own content on PMS.

Thanks,

YO

yes it does - although I find PlexDVR / LIVE TV highly unreliable -atleast on a Nvidia Shield.