PDA

View Full Version : vu+ duo2 moving turner from A to B

alzawi
04-06-17, 19:20
hi, i have a problem with the signal from hotbird. some one mentioned that moving the turner from A to B, i did that but i cant make it work. i have tried different images and many settings but nothing works.
my vu+ duo2 is only 3 months old and i am new to this. could anyone please advise me on what to do

abu baniaz
04-06-17, 19:30
What kind of LNB do you have?
How many tuners have signal wires connected?

For each tuner, describe (separately) what is at the end of the signal wire. Also describe the associated tuner configuration. I must emphasise, describe each tuner separately.

alzawi
04-06-17, 19:55
thank you abu baniaz,
single LNB, one cable connected to that. first i left turner A unconfigured and advance config for turner B. then tried having turner A as loop through and B as advanced, but nothing worked. i only have one turner.

abu baniaz
04-06-17, 20:05
Let us talk about the present.

Which tuner is the signal wire connected to now.
Fully describe what you have set it as.

Disable the tuner with nothing connected for now.

I am guessing you have a motorised dish. Is this correct?

alzawi
04-06-17, 20:13
i only have one turner and the wire is connected to it. i did tried leaving turner A *not configured* and turner B advance config. i have 1.2 motorized dish with single LNB and i am in Birmingham UK.

abu baniaz
04-06-17, 20:20
Vu tuner cards are available in single tuner and twin tuner modules. You have one card with two tuners. Otherwise you would not get A or B.

My approach is to start at simplest level, and only deal with one tuner. If you start doing loop through etc, you will get confused. I would suggest you leave teh tuner with no wire connected as "not configured" until the other tuner works fine.

Attach the settings file located in /etc/enigma2/ to this thread. You will have to zip it first.

alzawi
04-06-17, 20:32
sorry mate i was calling the card *turner*. yes my card is twin, my problem is when i moved the card to the second slot.

abu baniaz
04-06-17, 20:47
I am confused. I hope someone who understands can help you.

Good luck.

cactikid
05-06-17, 21:00
am i right in thinking you want to setup your motorised sat dish to access many sats as motor has to turn dish to that sat before you can get those channels.

until box is setup for moving dish you wont get a whole lot.

there might be a multisat guide for setup around?

chickh
22-07-17, 14:41
I too have just received my Vu+ Duo2 box, recently upgrading from Zgemma. Still not convinced I have connected my cables correctly for maximum use. I have single lnb on a fixed sky dish. Feeding the back of my box is shotgun cable which I had connected into both tuners (as photo). Having then setup like this didn't allow me to record one channel and watch another. By connecting cables into ports 'A' & 'B' allowed me to record one and watch another. Still not sure that this is the best setup to get the best out of all the tuners. Can someone confirm if this is the best setup or if not confirm what I need to change. All tuner setups are SINGLE and SIMPLE.

Thanks. 54316

abu baniaz
22-07-17, 14:47
If you have a single LNB, how come you have two signal wires?

abu baniaz
22-07-17, 14:50
All tuner setups are SINGLE and SIMPLE.

This is wrong.

Your picture shows 4 tuners, only two signal wires connected. You cannot use simple, single, XXX for a tuner without a signal wire connected.

chickh
22-07-17, 14:53
If you have a single LNB, how come you have two signal wires?

Sorry, what I meant was single fixed dish, one lnb with 8 port output, twin cable to vu+ box.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

chickh
22-07-17, 14:57
This is wrong.

Your picture shows 4 tuners, only two signal wires connected. You cannot use simple, single, XXX for a tuner without a signal wire connected.Options for config mode I have are:

Simple
Loop through
Equal to
Advanced
Not configured

abu baniaz
22-07-17, 14:58
Tuner A = Simple, single, 28.2
Tuner B, loop-through to tuner A
Tuner C = Simple, single, 28.2
Tuner D, loop-through to tuner C

chickh
22-07-17, 14:59
Which ports should I have cables connected too? I have them currently on A&B.

abu baniaz
22-07-17, 15:01
Which ports should I have cables connected too? I have them currently on A&B.

Have you changed them from what you pictured?

chickh
22-07-17, 15:05
Have you changed them from what you pictured?Yes. Changed to A & B which allowed me to watch one and record another. Should I change back to A and C and change settings as your post above?

abu baniaz
22-07-17, 15:14
Why post a picture that is not relevant to current setup? For crying out loud.

Post current picture please.

chickh
22-07-17, 15:16
Tuner A = Simple, single, 28.2
Tuner B, loop-through to tuner A
Tuner C = Simple, single, 28.2
Tuner D, loop-through to tuner CI have set it up as you have recommended mate. Cables connected back as per my earlier picture and used your above config.

abu baniaz
22-07-17, 15:18
Is there a problem with current setup?

chickh
22-07-17, 15:21
Is there a problem with current setup?I have followed your setup with cables back to the way shown in my picture. Seems ok. Thanks.

bellejt
22-07-17, 15:34
the only right way.Tuners with cable attached configured and tuners with no cable set as "the same as or equal to"

abu baniaz
22-07-17, 15:38
the only right way.Tuners with cable attached configured and tuners with no cable set as "the same as or equal to"

That is incorrect information.

Doing that means you are telling the receiver all tuner ports have a signal wire connected. The person does not have signal wires to all tuners.

abu baniaz
22-07-17, 15:46
Tuners with no wires can be left as not configured. However, using internal loop-through allows for more recording functionality, albeit restricted.

Ignoring satellite talk,

What does "equal" mean?
What does "the same as" mean?