PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Watching From Another Box

crx
03-06-17, 12:22
Hi Guys,

This may have been covered but I cant seem to find the right answer with the search bar, I currently running a vu duo 2 with twin sat feed and single cable feed, can I watch from the cable feed on my solo 2 that is upstairs on the same network when the cable tuner is not in use? I'm aware I can watch recordings from each box but not sure about live TV?

Many Thanks

Tony

ccs
03-06-17, 12:29
Try Client Mode http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56598-NEW-Client-mode-introduced-in-OpenViX-build-5-0-013

You'll need to update from 4.1.whatever

abu baniaz
03-06-17, 14:30
You don't need client mode, although it will work. Client mode is intended for scenarios where no tuners are enabled or for devices without tuners.

Remote Channel Stream Converter plugin or setting up fallback tuner will also work. With fallback tuner, you still have to get the bouquets.

crx
03-06-17, 16:27
Thanks for the replies, is there a guide on the forum?

abu baniaz
03-06-17, 18:43
Fall back tuner or RCSC?

crx
05-06-17, 16:31
I was looking at the remote Channel Stream Converter plugin does it do away with current abm and channel lists as the box will still be running some sat channels?

Thanks

Willmoore
05-06-17, 16:49
What are the advantages of RCSC over Channels Importer ?

abu baniaz
05-06-17, 17:18
channel importer will replace all your existing bouquets, it can also setup fallback tuner for you.As well as grab EPG.

rcsc allows you to select specific bouquet from host. you don't need fallback tuner for rcsc. EPG will have to be acquired separately.