PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Network mounts falling off

vatovey
31-05-17, 11:19
Just wondering if this is a feature, or a bug....

I am able to mount network points from shared folders on my Win 10 pc - all good, and working fine.

After a certain amount of time (i.e: 4-5-6 hours), the network points will drop off despite the shared drive pc still being on.

If i remount a network points, they all reappear.

I have noticed this on most builds of Openvix, is this designed behaviour ?

SpaceRat
31-05-17, 12:07
Did you reboot the PC (or any network device between PC and box) in between and/or are you using WLAN?

It's a known - but ignored - bug in ALL versions of Samba resp. the kernel CIFS driver that it will lose connection to shares on Windows devices as soon as network connectivity was lost in the meantime, no matter if it has been restored already before access.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

vatovey
31-05-17, 12:47
PC not rebooted, or router/switches - which makes it all the more baffling.

Good to know its a known bug, at the very least I know I'm not going loopy lol.

Are there are work-arounds ?, as it is annoying to say the least.

ccs
31-05-17, 12:54
... does the pc go into standby/sleep? that will probably cause it if the network card powers down.

vatovey
31-05-17, 14:16
PC powers on at midday (via a bios timer), and shuts down at midnight.

My query seems to be unrelated to this though, as my PC and Solo 2 box are roughly powered up at the same time, but I will ensure the satellite box is always powered up 5-10 minutes after the PC to ensure proper mounting of the network points.

As an example, I have noticed that my Solo 2 box will mount the drives fine at say.. 1pm when I power it up, but if I've not used any of the mounts by 6-7-8-9pm, they will unmount themselves.

birdman
31-05-17, 18:17
PC powers on at midday (via a bios timer), and shuts down at midnight.But are the network cards configured to power down if idle/sleeping (that's if they are Wifi cards - there's an option in MS Windows about this, IIRC).

SpaceRat
01-06-17, 21:37
Always use the autofs method to mount shares on Windows devices.
This is not even specific to Enigma2, it is valid for any Linux client.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk