PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] After upgrading to 5.0.016 AutoTimer fails

tapkor
30-05-17, 12:11
The title pretty much says it all. Below is the screenshot of the error message:

Downgrading to 5.0.014 fixes the problem.

bellejt
30-05-17, 13:10
working fine on duo 2

goRt
30-05-17, 15:39
As op or getting clash warnings where none exist, no disabled timers set and no timers set where clashes do not exist.
Restore to .14 results in normal function.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jukkal2
30-05-17, 16:51
The same happened to my Ultimo. The error message didn't even disappear with th exit key.
Flashed back to 014, waiting for 017.

abu baniaz
30-05-17, 17:40
Autotimer is a shared plugin between the images. There have been changes to it.

Unless people are going to post debug logs and step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem/s, it is going to be difficult to report the matter to the person who has tried to make other improvements.

abu baniaz
30-05-17, 18:00
The commit log is here
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/commits/2.3/autotimer

although we use another branch
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/tree/services-removed

adm
30-05-17, 21:13
Autotimer is a shared plugin between the images. There have been changes to it.

Unless people are going to post debug logs and step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem/s, it is going to be difficult to report the matter to the person who has tried to make other improvements.

I'm getting the same on an Extrend 1OK (build 5.0.016)

No debug or crash logs are being produced when the error occurs (and yes debug logs are enabled in the logs setting menu)

How to make it happen....
Upgrade to 5.0.016
Restore settings
Wait 4 minutes and the error message appears
Hit exit and the error message disappears
wait 10 minutes and the error message appears again

Edit 2
On my box the error message can be triggered just by setting up a new autotimer. I suspect that it occurs when trying to match/find programs in the EPG

ccs
30-05-17, 21:34
I'm not seeing this on my et10k - I couch flashed 14 to 16 and restored settings and plugins.

Mine waits 3 minutes and then runs every 25 minutes.

Only Freeview dvb-t2 tuners.

adm
30-05-17, 21:50
I'm not seeing this on my et10k - I couch flashed 14 to 16 and restored settings and plugins.

Only Freeview dvb-t2 tuners.

I couch flashed 13 to 16 and restored settings and plugins and have the problems.
Mine automatically polls at 3 minutes and thereafter 30 minutes
Most of my autotimers are on the satellite tuners (UK Freesat channels) although I have a few on T2 tuners (UK Freeview) channels.

I'm just about to flash back to 13 as the error message keeps appearing [edit] with a period of a lot less than 30 minutes (more like 10 minutes)

abu baniaz
31-05-17, 00:32
Edit 2
On my box the error message can be triggered just by setting up a new autotimer. I suspect that it occurs when trying to match/find programs in the EPG
This is indeed one of the new checks.

I have tried to recreate your steps, (Was on Dev, flashed 016 Release and restored settings/plugins) but mine is not returning that error. Tried setting up new Autotimer, that was fine too. Perhaps different EPG searches.

Would you mind trying this file?
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/blob/9c1a6b78d4ecf13669ae9a386b18ae2c758e8953/autotimer/src/AutoTimerResource.py

abu baniaz
31-05-17, 00:39
BTW, debug logs would be created constantly. A restart is required after enabling the option.

Attached is my debug log. I added "Fajr Prayer- Sehri 1st" as the autotimer in the test above.

EDIT:
Added using Blue button in Graphical EPG.

tapkor
31-05-17, 06:45
Attached is the debug log just after the error had happened:

And yes, this happens in 5.0.016 every time AutoTimer searches or tries to search EPG.

Huevos
31-05-17, 07:21
Recheck using the old drivers.

birdman
31-05-17, 08:36
The only change I can see in the changes that affects extdesc is this in AutoTimer.py (old line 704, new line 732):

- extdesc = event and event.getExtendedDescription() or ''
- timer.extdesc = extdesc
+ if event:
+ timer.extdesc = event.getExtendedDescription() or ''
+ else:
+ remove.append(timer)

so whereas previously the timer always had a extdesc attribute, now it only has one if there is an event.

adm
31-05-17, 18:49
Would you mind trying this file?
https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/blob/9c1a6b78d4ecf13669ae9a386b18ae2c758e8953/autotimer/src/AutoTimerResource.py

I only have a compiled Python file of that name on my box - I don't have a compiler.

log file attached

abu baniaz
31-05-17, 19:00
As mentioned by birdman, there is this in your log

Error: [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'RecordTimerEntry' object has no attribute 'extdesc'

Unless another-birdman has done it already, I'll leave a comment for the committer.

As a side note, the way I test .py files is as follows:
Rename the original.pyo file with a .bak
Transfer .py file and restart
A new.pyo file will be created
I delete the.py file straight away to avoid issues with updates etc

If new file works, well and good. If there is a crash/problem, we can delete the new .pyo and revert the rename so that we use teh original file. A restart is required.

birdman
31-05-17, 19:43
I only have a compiled Python file of that name on my box - I don't have a compiler.You do. It's called python. If you put the *.py file into the directory where the *.pyo file is then when python next tries to load the file (which will be when enigma2 restarts) it will see it has a source file whose modification time-stamp is later then the compiled file it has and so will compile a new file from the new source.

birdman
31-05-17, 19:46

Error: [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'RecordTimerEntry' object has no attribute 'extdesc'

Unless another-birdman has done it already, I'll leave a comment for the committer.I haven't, as we're apparently not supposed to be using that branch anyway.

FWIW, I have received notification of your comment on github. But it's:

against a commit that is nothing to do with it and
I can't actually find any sign of it when I follow the link to github (which means I can't add a comment to it).

birdman
31-05-17, 19:52

Unless another-birdman has done it already, I'll leave a comment for the committer.I haven't, as we're apparently not supposed to be using that branch anyway.

FWIW, I have received notification of your comment on github. But it's:

against a commit that is nothing to do with it and
I can't actually find any sign of it when I follow the link to github (which means I can't add a comment to it).

OK. Found it. It is actually against the correct commit - just that github seems to have picked a random one from of a set of commits to link the mailing to.

abu baniaz
31-05-17, 19:57
Since my initial comment in the other thread, it has come to light that the 2.3 branch get merged to the services removed branch periodically.

adm
31-05-17, 20:29
As a side note, the way I test .py files is as follows:
Rename the original.pyo file with a .bak
Transfer .py file and restart
A new.pyo file will be created
I delete the.py file straight away to avoid issues with updates etc

If new file works, well and good. If there is a crash/problem, we can delete the new .pyo and revert the rename so that we use teh original file. A restart is required.

Thanks - I followed your instructions to the letter :)

The error still occurs with the new file :(

abu baniaz
31-05-17, 21:51
Please try the attached file. Don't forget to backup original.

Goes in
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer

Please ignore. has issue

BubbleBalls
01-06-17, 21:29
I have two Gigablue Quads. On updating both, one Quad showed this issue but the other didn't. I've just gone through 15 autotimers disabling as I go and I narrowed the issue to MTV Just tattoo of us. I deleted that autotimer. Using graphical multi EPG I went to the show and pressed record, then autotimer, and it worked. I deleted this. Went to graphical multi EPG, found the show, pressed blue button but didn't change any of the options in Import timer and it worked. I deleted this. Went to graphical multi EPG, found the show, pressed blue button, but enabled Require Description to be unique, and storage location and it failed. This may be the common fault? Changing from default settings?

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

ccs
01-06-17, 21:39
All my autotimers have defaults changed globally using "edit new timer defaults", and no problems.

abu baniaz
01-06-17, 21:53
There have been a few changes. Test files for the willing.

adm
01-06-17, 22:09

Where does the setup.xml file go?

abu baniaz
01-06-17, 22:13
Sorry. All go in same location.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer

adm
01-06-17, 22:18

couch flashed from 13 to 16
restored settings/plugins from 13 backup
renamed all the files with the same name as those in the zip file
transferred all the new files
restarted box

Seems to work :) No error message and timer dialog coming up as expected indicting new programs found and timer added.

BubbleBalls
01-06-17, 22:28
These files have corrected the issue for me.

All my autotimers have defaults changed globally using "edit new timer defaults", and no problems.
Maybe because they are changed in that directory they become your Defaults? Changing an individual AT is different? I don't know the answer but good to have the fix - thanks Abu.

tapkor
02-06-17, 13:05
I can confirm that the test files correct the issue. However, AutoTimer seems to be very slow and taking a lot of resources now. At least that's how it feels.

Huevos
03-06-17, 07:34
As AT runs in the background how are you coming to that conclusion.

tapkor
03-06-17, 09:16
The box was very unresponsive and constantly rotated VIX when AutoTimer was running. As I said, I do not have any evidence for that like cpu percentages from top--just an impression.

adm
03-06-17, 10:10
The box was very unresponsive and constantly rotated VIX when AutoTimer was running. As I said, I do not have any evidence for that like cpu percentages from top--just an impression.

I've not seen this with the new files on my Extrend 10K but in the past when my box has got sluggish an off/on at the mains (having first put the box into deep standby and leaving 30 seconds between off and on) has restored faster operation of the box.

jukkal2
05-06-17, 16:55

For the record, I downloaded the 5.0.016 packet and couch flashed yesterday, restored settings and ftp'd the files from "Autotimer files.zip" sent on Thursday to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer after renaming the corresponding *.pyo files to *.pyo.bak. There was no setup.xml earlier, so that file went in without any renaming.
So far it works without any trouble. I'll report if I notice some problem.
(Last week I had online-updated from 014 to 015 and then to 016 without flashing, when I saw the error message. I don't know wheter or not that matters in this case.)

gilvey
05-06-17, 22:18
Added the files to edision os mega and it solved my autotimer issues in 16