PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] EPG missing after reboot

m1nz
29-05-17, 23:46
Hi there,

I have CrossEPG setup from HDD. Everytime I reboot the box I have missing epg data on channels.

abu baniaz
29-05-17, 23:52
Are you also using EPG Importer?
Does your log say anything about corrupt EPG?

m1nz
30-05-17, 20:52
I am just downloading the sky and vm so don't know if that the issue. I have just updated to the lasts vix image and getting the issue.

just to confirm what the best why to test this up. I am using the crossepg for sky and XMLTVImporter for vm

abu baniaz
31-05-17, 00:12
For some reason using both openTV EPG and EPG importer has issues.

You can use

EPG importer for everything
Don't use EPG importer at all. Use Cross for OpenTV ONLY, zap to Preview channel regularly (or automate with EPG refresh plugin)

m1nz
05-06-17, 17:10
How do you setup EPG importer. Also does it save to file

white_westie
02-09-17, 21:11
For some reason using both openTV EPG and EPG importer has issues.

You can use

EPG importer for everything
Don't use EPG importer at all. Use Cross for OpenTV ONLY, zap to Preview channel regularly (or automate with EPG refresh plugin)

Abu

Apologies for posting in an old thread, but just want to ask is this an actual problem? CrossEPG data not consistent with EPGImport data?
Am running Cross for 28.2 OpenTV and EPG Importer for French channels (TNTSAT) on a daily basis.
All working okay, but just noticed recently that if I restart the GUI the debug log fills up with corrupt epgcache messages when it tries to write the epg data to the epg.dat file, and when E2 restarts the epg data is gone (no epg.dat file to read from).
Not sure when this started happening.
Running VIX 5.0.025 on an XTrend ET8000

abu baniaz
02-09-17, 21:20
There seems to be a false positive somewhere which flags the epg as being corrupt.

PLI use a different version of CrossEPG, nobody maintains it. They hate it. So it is unlikely that we will be to work together to resolve the issue. Just use EPG importer on its own.

white_westie
02-09-17, 21:30
There seems to be a false positive somewhere which flags the epg as being corrupt.

PLI use a different version of CrossEPG, nobody maintains it. They hate it. So it is unlikely that we will be to work together to resolve the issue. Just use EPG importer on its own.

Abu

Thanks for quick response. A bit disappointing to give up OpenTV, but will give your suggestion a go.
Don't normally restart GUI or reboot box, so never noticed problem before, and of course both sets of epg data seem to work okay in memory.

joysleep1
27-06-21, 21:58
EPG importer doesnt gather all the EPG the way CROSS epg uses. Thats why i prefer cross EPG. But lately, this has been getting corrupted. Dunno why