PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-SE-COMBO] Cable Pixelation

khan888
24-05-17, 15:55
Hi

The cable signal is very weak coming into a friends household, she was getting bad pixelation on all channels including FTA. I've put a Tratec isolator onto the incoming cable and the pixelation has improved however she is still getting slight interference.

Is this a signal problem if so is there anyway I can boost it or is there interference on the cable?

Thanks

Bazzer
24-05-17, 16:47
Hi

The cable signal is very weak coming into a friends household, she was getting bad pixelation on all channels including FTA. I've put a Tratec isolator onto the incoming cable and the pixelation has improved however she is still getting slight interference.

Is this a signal problem if so is there anyway I can boost it or is there interference on the cable?

Thanks
What signal u getting bud mines 57% perfect picture :thumbsup:

khan888
24-05-17, 16:54
What signal u getting bud mines 57% perfect picture :thumbsup:

Lowest I'm getting is 71% so unsure why I'm getting the slight pixelation. Without that isolator it's unwatchable on FTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazzer
24-05-17, 17:05
I might be wrong so don't quote me on this , not my cup of tea but I read somewhere that a too high signal could give u interference.I will look see if I can find it ;)

khan888
24-05-17, 17:12
I might be wrong so don't quote me on this , not my cup of tea but I read somewhere that a too high signal could give u interference.I will look see if I can find it ;)

Ok nice one, I don't think it's to strong of a signal as I've put a meter on the incoming cable outside and the signal is very weak.

Worth a look tho bazzer if you could find it...cheers

Bazzer
24-05-17, 17:16
My mate put me a Attenuator in which I believe reduces the signal , has I said mines 57% and perfect picture :thumbsup:

khan888
24-05-17, 17:19
My mate put me a Attenuator in which I believe reduces the signal , has I said mines 57% and perfect picture :thumbsup:

Ok ta I've got one of these variable ones knocking about would this be suitable?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170524/21bdbbc98697e85192781629b2eaf057.jpg

Bazzer
24-05-17, 17:32
Ok m8 does not tell you much but on the VM forum quite a few vitamin customers was getting issues with pixelation because it sends a high signal from the cabinet on the street but you are saying it is a weak signal from outside. The ones who had the problems a engineer fitted a Attenulator and problem solved.Might not help u m8 but you never know.

khan888
24-05-17, 17:33
Ok m8 does not tell you much but on the VM forum quite a few vitamin customers was getting issues with pixelation because it sends a high signal from the cabinet on the street but you are saying it is a weak signal from outside. The ones who had the problems a engineer fitted a Attenulator and problem solved.Might not help u m8 but you never know.

Cheers I'll look into tomorrow and add the attenuator see what happens

Bazzer
24-05-17, 17:33
The one I have is 3db if yours is variable give it a try m8 you never know.

khan888
24-05-17, 17:34
The one I have is 3db if yours is variable give it a try m8 you never know.

Will do thanks

Bazzer
24-05-17, 17:42
Will do thanks

Just a quick one m8 the one I have is fitted to the cable that goes to the stb.

khan888
24-05-17, 17:49
Just a quick one m8 the one I have is fitted to the cable that goes to the stb.

Ok I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back

cactikid
24-05-17, 23:47
how good is the cabling as that tratec looks old and bad connections will reduce your signal.

khan888
25-05-17, 11:35
how good is the cabling as that tratec looks old and bad connections will reduce your signal.

The cabling has just been installed but not sure how good the coaxial cable is, cable says satb ce f.b.e reach compliant.

Also the tratec was from a old installation but was working ok on the previous one.

khan888
26-05-17, 15:30
Could anyone tell me if it's worth replacing the cable with PF100 coaxial?

Thanks

roybach
26-05-17, 17:13
No harm in replacing the cable with a known good/new cable, make sure that there isn't any water ingress especially at any joints as well as making sure that the outer braid is making good contact at any joints. , a high noise floor on the signal can also be a cause of pixelating

khan888
26-05-17, 17:15
No harm in replacing the cable with a known good/new cable, make sure that there isn't any water ingress especially at any joints as well as making sure that the outer braid is making good contact at any joints. , a high noise floor on the signal can also be a cause of pixelating

Ok thanks so I will get the cable replaced tomorrow and make sure all connections are ok.

Would changing the cable reduce the noise or can I buy anything which would help?

khan888
27-05-17, 15:09
Replaced the old cable with PF100 and now pixelation free :thumbsup: