PDA

View Full Version : vu+ ultimo recording problems

tool37
23-05-17, 17:32
hi, I have just installed a VU+ hybrid dual twin dvb-c/t/t2 tuner, I still have 2 dvb-s tuners fitted but they are not configured, so the hybrid cable tuners are C and D, the problem I have is when I record on tuner C, tuner D is not kicking in to carry non watching anything else, I know I never had a problem with the sat side but I'm thinking is it because there are 2 dvb-s tuners and only 1 dual cable tuner, I am running openvix 5.0.014 on my vu+ ultimo with a terabyte hdd, cccam 2.3.0, any ideas

abu baniaz
23-05-17, 17:35
This is the same issue as Duo2 users with twin tuner modules.

Online update to 5.0 014 > problem
Flash and restore settings/plugins > OK

Please create a settings backup. Flash latest image using Image manager, restore settings after flashing. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

tool37
23-05-17, 17:39
thanks for the help, I'm going to do it know, be back in a minute.

tool37
23-05-17, 17:57
I keep getting a ofgwrite error, when restoring image with image manager, I downloaded image, put it in /media/hdd/imagebackups, is this correct?

abu baniaz
23-05-17, 18:01
Shoot. Yes, that is the correct location. (INFO: You can use Image Manager to download too)

If you have made a settings backup, install 014 by USB flash drive.

tool37
23-05-17, 18:10
downloaded img with image manager, installed/ just waiting for reboot

abu baniaz
23-05-17, 18:14
I stand corrected, the workaround was not added for Ultimo. Sorry.

tool37
23-05-17, 18:16
img updated and setting restored, still have same problem

stick50jr
24-05-17, 07:17
While you are waiting for the Ultimo workaround to be part of the image, you may have some success with the temporary fix I used on my Duo2.

I've put the following into a file /etc/enigma2/startup.sh

#!/bin/sh

# Set Vu+ inputs for tuners C & D
echo -n C > /proc/stb/tsmux/input2
echo -n D > /proc/stb/tsmux/input3

exit 0

This appears to work (ie I can re-boot and the tuners continue to work).
I've also altered the settings backup to include this file... this should mean that I can update with settings restore.
However, if I do a reflash without settings restore, then I'll have to set this up again.

Let us know if this fixes your problem:)

tool37
24-05-17, 14:04
thanks for the input, generated file in location, rebooted, still have problem, I'm going to have to wait for the work around, thanks

rossi2000
24-05-17, 14:39
did you chmod the file to 755?

Hamram
30-08-17, 18:05
I'm having this problem with a dual DVB-s tunerblock. That is, up to version 013 of the Vix-image it is all good, but from version 014 only one of the ports give picture, even if the signal in is OK. I tried the script over here, but it didn't help.

Will there be any fix for this, or are we stuck on version 013? Anyone..? What went wrong between 013 and 014?

Andy_Hazza
30-08-17, 18:32
I'm having this problem with a dual DVB-s tunerblock. That is, up to version 013 of the Vix-image it is all good, but from version 014 only one of the ports give picture, even if the signal in is OK. I tried the script over here, but it didn't help.

Will there be any fix for this, or are we stuck on version 013? Anyone..? What went wrong between 013 and 014?

If it's a driver related issue then maybe no fix will be forthcoming as the Vu+ Ultimo is an old receiver by todays standards. Only Vu+ will know. You are best emailing them with regards your issue and see what comes of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
30-08-17, 19:23
The workaround has been added for the Ultimo. When 5.0 026 comes out, do not update! Flash and restore settings/plugins instead. Otherwise the script won't kick in.

Update = Menu > Setup > Software update

Flash/Install = Use USB or Image manager to install different image.

Guide to flashing/restore
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores/

Hamram
30-08-17, 19:50
Thank you very, very much! I have my USB ready and waiting! :)

Hamram
27-03-18, 00:00
The workaround has been added for the Ultimo. When 5.0 026 comes out, do not update! Flash and restore settings/plugins instead. Otherwise the script won't kick in.

Update = Menu > Setup > Software update

Flash/Install = Use USB or Image manager to install different image.

Guide to flashing/restore
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores/

Sorry for bringing this old thread to live again, but now I'm back to this old problem. Somewhere along the road the workaround stopped working, as I now cant get any picture (or recording) on tuner D. Only C is working. Any idea what can be done..?

Hamram
29-03-18, 12:52
If there's a tutorial somewhere, I would be glad to add the necessary modification myself, whenever needed. This worked fine through 5.0.029, but on the newest image (5.1.022) it is not working. Only tuner C working.