PDA

View Full Version : M2TS audio

marty
18-01-11, 11:15
I have a Panasonic Lumix camera that does HD video (.MTS format)
I don't use it very often but in the past all I had to do was rename the extension from .MTS to .M2TS and it would play with no problems at all on my VU+ DUO with VIX 1.2.

Now I tried it again the other day (quite a while after changing to VIX 1.3) and while I still get a great picture there is no sound at all :confused:

I'm guessing a codec or summut missing?

pooface
18-01-11, 12:16
Can you open the file in one of the mediafile info programs (might even work in normal windows properties), and tell us what the audio codec it says it's using is?

marty
19-01-11, 11:43
AC3, it should work.

pooface
19-01-11, 12:04
AC3, it should work.

Have you got the sound running out to an amp? Or is it just coming through your tv? Have you tried enabling ac3 downmix?

marty
19-01-11, 21:28
Have you got the sound running out to an amp? Or is it just coming through your tv? Have you tried enabling ac3 downmix?

I tried TV and amp (via optical) tried AC3 downmix too :(

Here's a sample to try

http://martysport.webege.com/pietta/037.M2TS

pooface
19-01-11, 22:48
I tried TV and amp (via optical) tried AC3 downmix too :(

Here's a sample to try

http://martysport.webege.com/pietta/037.M2TS

Just downloading to test...

pooface
19-01-11, 22:55
Just downloading to test...

Well, worked fine for me... Not much to test though :p Weird thing is, the video said ti was about 8 minutes long, but stops after 6 seconds. After playing on my mac, it was only meant to be 6 seconds :confused:.

But the sound did work ok. However, not using vix 1.3 ;), so can't say whether 1.3 is at fault or not... To do my test, I ftp'd the file to /media/hdd/movie, pressed the recordings button (between menu and audio on the remote), and it showed up and played fine...

psionguy
20-01-11, 13:55
I also have these files and my VU+ does not even see the file, tried in the recorded folder and also Media player.

pooface
20-01-11, 14:30
I also have these files and my VU+ does not even see the file, tried in the recorded folder and also Media player.

you might wanna rename it to .ts (as marty said he had to do that in the first post). It could be summar to do with the older drivers?!

psionguy
20-01-11, 16:10
you might wanna rename it to .ts (as marty said he had to do that in the first post). It could be summar to do with the older drivers?!

You are right VU does see TS file, but it does not play correctly. What I have done is use some freeware software and converted the file to mpg, works perfectly now.